Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you agree with Same-sex marriage? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do you agree with Same-sex Marriage?
    Yes!
    77.34%
    NO!!!
    22.66%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ariel'sFork)
    I have a question, which one has more bearing, the New testament or the Old one?
    Some denominations consider them equivalent though others disregard the OT on the basis that the NT supersedes it.

(Original post by garfeeled)
    1 not a Christian,
    2 I am gay.
    3 I am pro gay marriage

Any who, I am aware of the debate surrounding the new testement statements about homosexuality. I dont claim to be an expert but I am aware of a bit about this stuff. Truthfully I have seen some convincing arguements for a more liberal interpretation of the new testement.
    It doesn't matter mate - this is an open discussion.

Thing is, even if there's a definite interpretation on this, people will still carry on with what they already believe (which is based on the OT, when two Roman emperors started executing homosexuals).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwilym101)
    Really? Intravenous drug users? Then why have campaigns like ABC (Abstinance, Be faithful and Correct use of Condoms) dramatically reduced the number of cases? None of these behaviour are to do with drug use and in some countries more than halved the number of cases in 10 years.

And that 10 times likihood is false. Gay men in london are 10 times more likely, gay men outside of london have lower instances, gay women have much lower incidences.
    Back this garbage up with some links I've never heard of this battyman crap before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    Some denominations consider them equivalent though others disregard the OT on the basis that the NT supersedes it.

It doesn't matter mate - this is an open discussion.

Thing is, even if there's a definite interpretation on this, people will still carry on with what they already believe (which is based on the OT, when two Roman emperors started executing homosexuals).
    But don't you feel there is a noticeable turn in Christian attitudes towards homosexuality.

ReputationRep:
    If people want to marry, then let them marry. Gender, sexuality doesn't matter. We are all human -That's all that matters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skeptique)
    Back this garbage up with some links I've never heard of this battyman crap before.
    Says the person who didn't provide any links to support his own claims.

Postgraduate Medical Journal article discussing how to keep up the success of ABC.
    http://pmj.bmj.com/content/81/960/625.full.html

Government report on HIV in the UK, detailing that gay men exclusively were the most at risk, with london having the highest proportion of cases.
    http://webarchive.nationalarchives.g.../1317140300680

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garfeeled)
    But don't you feel there is a noticeable turn in Christian attitudes towards homosexuality.
    Probably yes - that doesn't mean it's anywhere near being okay. I believe it's mostly based on the liberal and more secular Christians who do not pay much attention to the religion either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    They do love to cherry pick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    That doesn't answer the question.
    Why not?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by bardnnyc)
    Why not?
    Because you literally haven't answered it? I'm asking your reasoning for it, nothing more than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    Because you literally haven't answered it? I'm asking your reasoning for it, nothing more than that.

Some things are better not said. I,ve seen someone who support incest...Mother and son, father/daughter relationship after all, they are adults and should have the freedom to do whatever they want.

I don't support same sex marriage....period.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by bardnnyc)
    Some things are better not said. I,ve seen someone who support incest...Mother and son, father/daughter relationship after all, they are adults and should have the freedom to do whatever they want.

I don't support same sex marriage....period.
    So basically, you're not going to justify your stance. That seems fairly telling.

ReputationRep:
    I am very happy for there to be same sex marriages. I can't wait for the first same sex divorces to start filtering through the system.
    Why should they be happy.😆(joke)
    I wonder who will get to stay in the home with the kids and who will get to take on a second job and live in a bedsit?😱

ReputationRep:
    I found the Church of England's official response to this: https://www.churchofengland.org/medi...20marriage.pdf

^^ it's all so poisonous that if it weren't so sad it would be funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    Am I allowed to say no?
    I do not see any reason why you could not say no

ReputationRep:
    XcitingStuart what are you talking about i am the one and only NathanAllen... I took a break from this site i have been debating on an american site

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

Same Sex marriage hurts no one and homosexual/bisexual people should have the right to marry who they love. There is no real reason to deny them that.

Also I love my girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I agree with same sex marriage. I'm also a practicing Christian.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saxsan4)
    It doesn't harm anyone, Love is love and it is taking away rights from the LGBT community.
    If they dont believe in God what do they want to be married for? why isnt Civil Partnership sufficient?

Marriage is a legal construct recognizing two families combining to produce offspring to continue the family genes - homosexual relationships do not yet fulfill this criteria.

Love - prove that you know what 'love' is, even peadophiles say they 'love' children.
    Bestials say they 'love' animals - should they marry too? and why do they break up so much if they are so 'in' love'?

We need to find a cure for these most unfortunate ppl, until then they will continue thinking that they are normal and cause decent society endless problems. Mo I DONT AGREE WITH SAME SEX MARRIAGE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katty3)
    Yes I agree with same sex marriage. I'm also a practicing Christian.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am also a christian people say you can't be gay and christian but so far i have proved wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heteronormative)
    If they dont believe in God what do they want to be married for? why isnt Civil Partnership sufficient?

Marriage is a legal construct recognizing two families combining to produce offspring to continue the family genes - homosexual relationships do not yet fulfill this criteria.

Love - prove that you know what 'love' is, even peadophiles say they 'love' children.
    Bestials say they 'love' animals - should they marry too? and why do they break up so much if they are so 'in' love'?

We need to find a cure for these most unfortunate ppl, until then they will continue thinking that they are normal and cause decent society endless problems. Mo I DONT AGREE WITH SAME SEX MARRIAGE!
    Some LGBT+ people like me believe in God. Civil partnerships are considered lesser than marriage by many people.

Marriage is a legal recognition of a loving relationship. By your reasoning, infertile people shouldn't be allowed to get married.

Two adults in a romantic relationship can know that they love each other. Both parties can express their love for each other.

Heterosexual people frequently break up as well. It's not unique to one specific sexuality.

Gay people don't need curing. They aren't ill. Explain one problem caused by gay people. STDs are neither caused by gay people nor are they exclusive to them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.