The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

so i suppose writing out all the biology (Tuesday) and chemistry (Thursday) notes would be a good idea...
Original post by ImagineCats
There's an anthology! All the unseens come from the edexcel anthology. Teachers have them but can tell you the names of all the poets there so you can study their poems independently to prepare

If you mean the anthology books, there are certain poems with an asterix to indicate that they would be good practice for the unseen one
Does anyone have advice for when you feel relaxed to the extent at which you begin to panic? :confused:
Original post by guitaristemily
thts becuase of the first past the post system.

I don't understand... :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Guys I'm really worried... I have B3 and C3 this week and I've done absolutely nothing, I have no motivation!
Original post by Steliata
That's first past the post for you... The Conservatives won with 36% of the vote from 66% of the electorate...

Labour just won our council though, pretty much the only Labour gain from Tory nationwide in terms of boroughs. I'm chuffed
:ahee:

:five: :ahee: Yey! I haven't found out about my ones yet I think it's Labour but I'll let you know about my area soon :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5906
Since we are all in Year 11 and when we finish our GCSE's we are on summer holiday for a lot longer than normal. Its 10 weeks for me, how long for you guys? and how are you planning to spend this extra long holiday, doing anything interesting? Not sure what to do and I have a feeling that I'm going to be very bored! Any good ideas of an activity to do/start in summer?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by Mr...
I have a summer exam too t eh They do that and they're too disorganised on top as well :colonhash:
Really, why?
Well we are going on a trip to France the day after my GCSE statistics exam :ahee:
I live for thosedays :drool:
You'll be okay :biggrin:

Urgh, the odd reply box is back. :angry:

Disorganised teachers are just a pain. :frown:

I don't actually know. It's just a thing I guess...? Perhaps something to do with DofE and Geography controlled assessment. All those weekends on DofE tho :frown: I miss them in hindsight.

:smile: That's good! School trip? Are you going as a whole year? Should be fun!

They're so amazing. The best part of school by far :biggrin: Sweets and chocolate and films that you never finish :yy:

Let's hope :biggrin: (thanks :smile: )
Original post by Will24
Since we are all in Year 11 and when we finish our GCSE's we are on summer holiday for a lot longer than normal. Its 10 weeks for me, how long for you guys? and how are you planning to spend this extra long holiday, doing anything interesting? Not sure what to do and I have a feeling that I'm going to be very bored! Any good ideas of an activity to do/start in summer?

Thanks in advance!

Funnily enough, I was just thinking about this today! I have 11 weeks ~ I'm in Australia for three, but I'm planning on going to lots of concerts and going out with my friends. I'm doing the Colour Run in Birmingham and a lot more running training. I'd also like to learn German, and do lots of violin practice. I don't think 11 weeks will be enough! We're also having a bonfire party to burn all of our Year 11 stuff.

Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by M0nkey Thunder
Does anyone have advice for when you feel relaxed to the extent at which you begin to panic? :confused:

I feel similar.

If you feel you know the stuff, stay relaxed. Don't let other people's stressing make you feel like you're doing something wrong. If you're relaxed, you deal with stress well. That's good.

Of course, if it's because you're not doing enough, go do some revision. But otherwise, screw what everyone else is doing and thinking, these exams are your chance to go and absolutely smash it. Good luck, you'll do great.
Original post by Will24

Thanks in advance!

I'm going to go to Canada for 3 weeks and do the Rockies and Alaska! Then I'm going out with my friends and family and working out really hard with a few movie Marathons. Going camping, trying to practice piano, and the last few weeks celebrate my birthday and hopefully celebrate my results and do some alevel prep reading before sixth form! CANT WAIT TILL I DONT HAVE TO REVISE THIS SUMMER

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel similar.

If you feel you know the stuff, stay relaxed. Don't let other people's stressing make you feel like you're doing something wrong. If you're relaxed, you deal with stress well. That's good.

Of course, if it's because you're not doing enough, go do some revision. But otherwise, screw what everyone else is doing and thinking, these exams are your chance to go and absolutely smash it. Good luck, you'll do great.

Thank you very much! :h:

I very much appreciate that response and I hope you'll succeed in your exams too. Good luck!
Reply 5912
Original post by SampleX
Funnily enough, I was just thinking about this today! I have 11 weeks ~ I'm in Australia for three, but I'm planning on going to lots of concerts and going out with my friends. I'm doing the Colour Run in Birmingham and a lot more running training. I'd also like to learn German, and do lots of violin practice. I don't think 11 weeks will be enough! We're also having a bonfire party to burn all of our Year 11 stuff.

Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow sounds like you're going to have an excellent summer! Thank you for the suggestions :smile:
Reply 5913
Original post by cloudk
I'm going to go to Canada for 3 weeks and do the Rockies and Alaska! Then I'm going out with my friends and family and working out really hard with a few movie Marathons. Going camping, trying to practice piano, and the last few weeks celebrate my birthday and hopefully celebrate my results and do some alevel prep reading before sixth form! CANT WAIT TILL I DONT HAVE TO REVISE THIS SUMMER

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds like a lot of fun, America is a great country to visit, have a good time! And same haha, can't wait until summer where I'm not going to pick up a textbook for 10 weeks straight :smile:
Original post by DustToDust
Guys I'm really worried... I have B3 and C3 this week and I've done absolutely nothing, I have no motivation!

Follow this link. For amazing triple science videos!

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=M3JOVYPgGobe7AazvoLwCA&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DQ5ZuKeDrR8o&ved=0CB8QtwIwAA&usg=AFQjCNFAgowib3S0YCHqpKzgdV0xOi6Gww&sig2=mboVY-6gUdcZ28_v_IquNA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by M0nkey Thunder
Thank you very much! :h:

I very much appreciate that response and I hope you'll succeed in your exams too. Good luck!

You're very welcome, and thank you :cool:

You got the 6000th post in this thread...

Have an invisible online cookie!
Original post by DustToDust

Watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians- it's my faaaaaaave motivation!
For the reformed subjects at AS would we be able to get A*s in them?
You're very welcome, and thank you :cool:

You got the 6000th post in this thread...

Have an invisible online cookie!

Yaay how's it arriving xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
**** My first exam's tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest