Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Geography case studies man

and anyone here doing Unseen poetry and A View From the Bridge for English Lit tomorrow? I need 45/75 for an A and 63/75 for A*. And 10/75 for a C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Joiner)
    Guys is anyone going to pre-read for a levels over summer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If I am bored and have nothing to do in the last few weeks of summer might learn a bit of A level maths if i can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stepin2thelight)
    What do you think will be on the exam?
    I really don't know, sorry 😔 I suspect everything will come up in some way because there is usually a question for each unit, it's just what will come up in part A/B I don't know- Unit 4 social responsibility might come up in part B because that hasn't for the past 3 years but again, it's just a guess 😁

ReputationRep:
    I'm struggling with eng lit AQA, I don't know where to find quotes from? I don't have enough time to re read the books.I do crucible and of mice and men

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSAA9)
    I'm struggling with eng lit AQA, I don't know where to find quotes from? I don't have enough time to re read the books.I do crucible and of mice and men

Posted from TSR Mobile
    watch some youtube videos online by mrbruff i watched them literally the morning of my exam last year and it basically saved me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSAA9)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do OMAM too but I think just knowing what happens and which characters are in each chapter helps a lot with quotes, especially if it's a character question.
    Ch1- George and Lennie, making their way to the ranch
    Ch2- they all basically play cards and are being introduced to G and L. Most of the ranch workers are mentioned but I think the key character developments are Curley, Curley's wife and Slim. Carlson is a minor character but if he does come up (I'm praying he doesn't) then this chapter has most of the little you can say about him.
    Ch3- Candy's dog is shot, they talk about the 'cathouse', G, L and Candy talk about dream and Curley and Lennie fight. There's good quotes about G and L's relationship and dream, Candy and dog.
    ch4- basically everyone who is discriminated against comes together in Crooks' bunk- most of Crooks' character is developed here
    Ch5- Lennie killed puppy, Curley's wife's dream, Lennie kills Curley's wife, Candy's want for the dream is made clear near the end of this chapter
    ch6- Lennie starts thinking of Aunt Clara and a giant rabbit in his head, SPOILER G kills L (of course) and their relationship is brought to a close

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvKar)
    I do OMAM too but I think just knowing what happens and which characters are in each chapter helps a lot with quotes, especially if it's a character question.
    Ch2- they all basically play cards and are being introduced to G and L. Most of the ranch workers are mentioned but I think the key character developments are Curley, Curley's wife and Slim. Carlson is a minor character but if he does come up (I'm praying he doesn't) then this chapter has most of the little you can say about him.
    Ch3- Candy's dog is shot, they talk about the 'cathouse', G, L and Candy talk about dream and Curley and Lennie fight. There's good quotes about G and L's relationship and dream, Candy and dog.
    ch4- basically everyone who is discriminated against comes together in Crooks' bunk- most of Crooks' character is developed here
    Ch5- Lennie killed puppy, Curley's wife's dream, Lennie kills Curley's wife, Candy's want for the dream is made clear near the end of this chapter
    ch6- Lennie starts thinking of Aunt Clara and a giant rabbit in his head, SPOILER G kills L (of course) and their relationship is brought to a close
    There's no way that there would be a whole question on Carlson. Apparently Candy is really likely this year

ReputationRep:
    Just did the June 2014 paper for physical geography so happy that I wasnt sitting GCSE's last year

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing Lord of the Flies? I love writing about it but I can't think of any techniques Golding uses other than imagery/metaphors

ReputationRep:
    Just re read of mice and men. Feeling emotional and sad I imagined myself in George's postition. Damn that was an emotional novel ;((((

Time to read AIC now ;(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niamhisokay)
    Anyone doing Lord of the Flies? I love writing about it but I can't think of any techniques Golding uses other than imagery/metaphors
    Foreshadowing is used quite a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tryrevise)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvKar)
    OMGG! This is so helpful, thanks! 😄
    Do you think for curcible John proctor could come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSAA9)
    OMGG! This is so helpful, thanks! ������
    Do you think for curcible John proctor could come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha it's okay! Happy to help 😄 I don't study the Crucible unfortunately so won't be able to answer that- I do the Woman in Black which is annoying because I feel like hardly anyone else does it 😋

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    There's no way that there would be a whole question on Carlson. Apparently Candy is really likely this year
    Well thank god- I have no idea what could be asked on Carlson if it was so that's reassuring but tbh I wouldn't really like a question on Candy either- I feel like I can relate to his dog more than him so if the dog isn't part of that then I'm screwed 😒 all I can talk about is discrimination but the language techniques used for Candy's character development ade minimal so I'm just praying for an easy question 🙏🙏

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tryrevise)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah like when it says when Jack is introduced something about his hair being "red beneath the black" showing his inner savagery is yet to be unleashed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    Is everyone ready for english lit tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sditta)
    How did you find it?
    I thought it was a good paper tbh. Pretty sure of an A*. Thought it was easier than the biology paper. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanire)
    Is everyone ready for english lit tomorrow?
    Not really no

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.