The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 27 2016 and Depth - June 10 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 11...
why are we the first year to face this change

Screenshot_3.png
Original post by 11...
yeah it was NO2 what am I saying. N2 o2 were the reactants. did we have to balance it.

yes and just checked the unofficial mark scheme and it says N2O so N2(g) + 1/2O2(g) on reactants if that's right

It was energy change of formation, so you had to apply that knowledge
Original post by 11...
yeah it was NO2 what am I saying. N2 o2 were the reactants. did we have to balance it.

I would imagine so as it was enthalpy change of formation
Reply 1343
Original post by Jitesh
Screenshot_3.png

WTH lol
Reply 1344
18th of August aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :frown::smile::frown::smile::frown::smile::frown:
Original post by asinghj

sigma bond is direct overlap of orbitals and pi bond is sideways overlap of p orbitals

I wrote exactly this but I said sigma bonds are overlap of s orbitals. Depends on the mark scheme
Reply 1346
this wait till results day is mad. didn't feel this as such last year but this year I feel quite scared cos unisssss
A2 course starts next week,. and am I feeling ready for this????? NO. I need a breakkkkkkk
Reply 1347
Original post by Jitesh
yes and just checked the unofficial mark scheme and it says N2O so N2(g) + 1/2O2(g) on reactants if that's right

It was energy change of formation, so you had to apply that knowledge

where is the proper unofficial mark scheme cos the one on the other thread is unfinished and wrong in some places
Reply 1348
where is the proper unofficial mark schemeeeeeeeeee
Reply 1349
Hoping for low enough grade boundaries. Pls god
Reply 1350
next year, we have to learn both year 12 stuff and year 13 stuff for two chem papers. double the content nooooo.
Reply 1351
AAAA pls
Original post by 11...
where is the proper unofficial mark scheme cos the one on the other thread is unfinished and wrong in some places

I remember putting 0.5 in front of the O2(g)
Original post by 11...
next year, we have to learn both year 12 stuff and year 13 stuff for two chem papers. double the content nooooo.

Most of the A2 content (especially organic) builds on the AS content.
Original post by 11...
this wait till results day is mad. didn't feel this as such last year but this year I feel quite scared cos unisssss
A2 course starts next week,. and am I feeling ready for this????? NO. I need a breakkkkkkk

bro a potential B won't hurt your medicine chances. You'd still get predicted an A dw
I just realised... for that pent-2-ene question, I did draw pent-2-ene but I wrote Z pent-3-ene... have I got a mark? Initially thought 2 marks lost there but maybe not?
Original post by ronnydandam
I just realised... for that pent-2-ene question, I did draw pent-2-ene but I wrote Z pent-3-ene... have I got a mark? Initially thought 2 marks lost there but maybe not?

I think the question was 2 marks, in which case you'd get 1 for drawing the z isomer and 1 for the name.
Original post by asinghj
I think the question was 2 marks, in which case you'd get 1 for drawing the z isomer and 1 for the name.

that's great - what did you put for the two alcohols you had to draw... I think I put pent-2-ol and pent-3-ol? probs 4 marks lost but wanna check
Original post by asinghj

Do you know if it asked for you to use standard form for the gas question?
Original post by alfmeister
Do you know if it asked for you to use standard form for the gas question?

nah It didnt - I did but I don't think you need to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending