The Student Room Group

Grade Growth Chronicles | From C's to A's (23-24)

Welcome to my Grade Growing Diary!
I am a current Yr 13 trying to boost my grades within the next couple of months hopefully

Subjects i Take: RS, Biology, Chem (all OCR A) + Finance
Current Predicted Grades: ABC/ABB
Grades i am aiming for: AAA/AAB

My Goals:
-> To stop procrastinating
-> To get AAB/AAA in my March Mocks
-> To become more motivated to Revise

Spoiler

RS Revision Checklist

Biology Past Paper Checklist

Chemistry Past Paper Checklist

(edited 2 weeks ago)

Scroll to see replies

This is amazing!!! Good Luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Jannet2ester
This is amazing!!! Good Luck :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 3
12/12/23 | Bio, Rs, Chem
-> Managed to Make and Print off at least 2 essay plans per topic in RS & Made Flashcards on Natural Law A01 Content
-> Did some Chem HW on Rates (Kerboodle Textbook)
-> Doing some Flashcards on Photosynthesis for a Bio test tommorow
Productivity? : 5/10 , started revising quiet late, -> need to sort out my schedule
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 4
13/12/23
-> Bio test went quite well i think!
-> Did an hour on Rate Equations, Amount of Substance and an hour on Kidneys
-> Made Flashcards on Situation Ethics A01
-> Recap on Calvin cycle
-> Made Excel Spreadsheets for each of my Topics
Productivity? 6.5/10 - better than yesterday :smile:
Reply 5
14/12/2023
-> Finished off Chapter 3 Amount of Substance and Did end of Chapter Q's + PMT Q's
-> Tried to get through as much Module 2 Chem as i could
-> Flashcards on Mod 2 Bio
Productivity 6/10 -> Need to Try to balance all 3 of my subjects and not just resort to revising 2 :smile:
Welcome to Grow Your Grades! A-levels are definitely more of a marathon than a sprint so it makes sense you want to avoid cramming. Hopefully this blog will help to keep you on track! :smile: Good luck!
Reply 7
Original post by Pwca
Welcome to Grow Your Grades! A-levels are definitely more of a marathon than a sprint so it makes sense you want to avoid cramming. Hopefully this blog will help to keep you on track! :smile: Good luck!

Thank you :smile:
Reply 8
15/12/2023
-> Did More on Amount of Substance and Expanded to Titration Q's
-> Went through Almost all of Module 2
-> Made RS Flashcards (added to my situation ethics)
-> Did some Enzymes and Phospholipid Flashcards
Productivity? 6.8/10 - Pretty decent, just need to start implementing revision into my free periods more often
Reply 9
16/12/2023
-> Consolidated on Mod 2 Chem - specifically MaChem Q's on Amount of Substance
-> Went to Work - and came back tired so relaxed for the rest of the day
Productivity? 4/10 - Not the Best, but i was drained from work , will try to boost up my revision tommorow!
Reply 10
17/12/2023
-> Spent most of the day going through the rest of MaChem Q's on Amount of Substance
-> Went and Reviewed those Q's + Did more Q's out of a Revision Guide
-> Created a Study space corner for myself
-> Did Mod 2 Bio Flashc
Productivity? 6/10 - Proud of Myself as i didn't waste a weekday, I also feel like i am slowly getting into the routine of revising!
stats - 5 hours
Reply 11
18/12/23
Tried to finish off making ethics flashcards
Revised a bit for a chem rates exam
Sorted out my Folders + Revision Resources
Productivity? - Used my Frees for Revision and had a relaxed day as school finished quiet late!
Original post by A.2KK
18/12/23
Tried to finish off making ethics flashcards
Revised a bit for a chem rates exam
Sorted out my Folders + Revision Resources
Productivity? - Used my Frees for Revision and had a relaxed day as school finished quiet late!

Good for you! How many hours did you finish?

But for chemistry I recommend Isaac Physics.
Am I allowed to posted my own journey on here, too, please?!👍
Reply 14
Original post by ActiveEccentric
Good for you! How many hours did you finish?

But for chemistry I recommend Isaac Physics.

Hi! , i have been trying to do at least 3 hours of any revision a day - but have recently just been consuming my time with 'making resources' that i can use e.g flashcards , i hope to be done soon with making resources so i can crack on with ''proper revision''.

thanks for the recommendation, looks like a great website i'll definitely use it!
do you have any general advice for chem, its the organic side i mainly struggle with :smile:
Original post by A.2KK
Hi! , i have been trying to do at least 3 hours of any revision a day - but have recently just been consuming my time with 'making resources' that i can use e.g flashcards , i hope to be done soon with making resources so i can crack on with ''proper revision''.

thanks for the recommendation, looks like a great website i'll definitely use it!
do you have any general advice for chem, its the organic side i mainly struggle with :smile:

I don't have Chemistry A-level but have some experience with chem. I'd say for organic side use Isaac Physics, remember the key term etc. and I guess use the YouTube channels?

3 hours... that's more than me now, I can only hold 2-3 at a good day. I need to step it up. For me it takes the phone not being charged, block all websites, to finally get it going in the library. Otherwise there are way too many distractions.
Reply 16
Original post by ActiveEccentric
I don't have Chemistry A-level but have some experience with chem. I'd say for organic side use Isaac Physics, remember the key term etc. and I guess use the YouTube channels?

3 hours... that's more than me now, I can only hold 2-3 at a good day. I need to step it up. For me it takes the phone not being charged, block all websites, to finally get it going in the library. Otherwise there are way too many distractions.

Thanks! , I've had the same issue with procrastinating but I tend to leave my phone in a different room to avoid going on it , working for an hour then taking a 15 minute break works best for me
Original post by A.2KK
Thanks! , I've had the same issue with procrastinating but I tend to leave my phone in a different room to avoid going on it , working for an hour then taking a 15 minute break works best for me

For me I need to leave my phone somewhere else, totally block websites on the laptop, in order to do it. Even then I procrastinate whether because I'm rather restless, of some small noises that distract me, or other things interesting, or annoying things distract me, you name it.

I can't work on something for an hour straight unless I am rather obsessed with it, then I could work on it for 1 hour straight, or more. Sometimes, even 6 hours straight.

For me I often need to run before. But hey it works
Original post by Joshua pilling
Am I allowed to posted my own journey on here, too, please?!👍

@Joshua pilling - you can make your own 'grow your grades' forum by pressing on this link - and click on 'start new discussion': Grow your Grades - The Student Room

make sure to tag me - would really love to follow your gyg once you make one ❤️
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by A.2KK
Welcome to my Grade Growing Diary!
I am a current Yr 13 trying to boost my grades within the next couple of months hopefully

Subjects i Take: RS, Biology, Chem (all OCR A) + Finance
Current Predicted Grades: ABC/ABB
Grades i am aiming for: AAA/AAB

My Goals:
-> To stop procrastinating
-> To get AAB/AAA in my March Mocks
-> To become more motivated to Revise

Spoiler

Hello @A.2KK - i just came across your gyg and it looks absolutely amazing! i love what you are doing!

i have tagged in some of my gyg friends, who will be happy to follow your thread and say hi :biggrin:! i've also left links for you to follow their own GYGs - they are so good and you should definitely check them out & say hi on their forums too! ❤️

-@MP_25: gyg <3 - The Student Room
-@ActiveEccentric : 1st Yr's road to a First at good RG, and start PhD, at 19, despite ADHD/ASD/BED - The Student Room
-@pineapple1865 : It’s bare minimum time! pineapple1865’s Q2 grind | GYG 2023/24 - The Student Room
- @flowersinmyhair: flowersinmyhair's Y13 adventure - The Student Room
- @erin11: year 13 study journal // gyg 2023-24 :smile: - The Student Room
- @rowan_willow: grow your grades 2023!!!! - The Student Room
- @kayleigh_t.27: Motivating myself - my GYG blog :smile: - The Student Room
- @thrivingfrog: CleverFrog? ThrivingFrog's A-Level Diary! - The Student Room
- @toothysmile: yr13 journal - The Student Room
- @Jieay20: Jieay's Year 13 GYG - Actuarial Science applicant (2023/2024) - The Student Room
-@oliviapope1 - oliviapope's attempt at getting herself together and smashing her a-levels! - The Student Room

i also have my own if you want to check out mine: emmanuella's y13 study diary: growing my grades - The Student Room

(check out other gyg forums here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1644)

best of luck!,
emmanuella :smile:
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending