The Student Room Group

Pareto Law Recruitment Agency

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by jneill
Again, first ever post on TSR is a positive "review".

I take it you didn't read my review then?

I had never had a need to post on TSR before, just thought I'd give my own perspective, especially as some of the posts on here gave a view which was vastly different to my own of the assessment day.

Could it be that someone not connected to Pareto could have had a positive experience with the company? Surely you can appreciate that a Sales recruitment and training company must be successfully placing graduates into roles or it would not be in business, these people probably have a positive view of the company, some may even feel like reviewing it on a popular graduate website. Is that impossible? Or is it just easier to write off the views of any poster who has recently joined because 'They are obviously just a Pareto employee'.

Basically what you are saying is that someone's opinions can only be valuable if they are a long term contributor to the site, which is not only completely ridiculous but also detrimental to everything TSR is about.
Original post by PaulUoB
Basically what you are saying is that someone's opinions can only be valuable if they are a long term contributor to the site, which is not only completely ridiculous but also detrimental to everything TSR is about.

No, but a long term contributor's view would be more valuable. That's why TSR has rep (for all that system's faults).

Maybe it's just coincidence but as I posted earlier there doesn't appear to be a single positive review from a "long term contributor". Does that tell me something? yes I think it does.
Reply 142
Original post by jneill
No, but a long term contributor's view would be more valuable. That's why TSR has rep (for all that system's faults).

Maybe it's just coincidence but as I posted earlier there doesn't appear to be a single positive review from a "long term contributor". Does that tell me something? yes I think it does.

I'm not saying some of the positive reviews couldn't be from a Pareto employee, its disappointing if they are but considering how important image is for a recruitment company I can understand it. Personally the reasons why I commented are due to having read this page before my assessment day and being asked if I would consider posting a review of the company following completion of a survey after the assessment day.

I can understand your scepticism but I imagine quite a few other happy successful candidates may have had a similar thought process.
Original post by PaulUoB
I'm not saying some of the positive reviews couldn't be from a Pareto employee, its disappointing if they are but considering how important image is for a recruitment company I can understand it. Personally the reasons why I commented are due to having read this page before my assessment day and being asked if I would consider posting a review of the company following completion of a survey after the assessment day.

I can understand your scepticism but I imagine quite a few other happy successful candidates may have had a similar thought process.

And there you go. That explains it.

Good luck with your future career :smile: (Genuinely)
Reply 144
Original post by jneill
And there you go. That explains it.

Good luck with your future career :smile: (Genuinely)

As you well know people are probably more likely to review a company, product or whatever if they've had a negative, rather than a positive experience so I can understand them asking if people would consider it. Anyway this has gotten pretty off topic.

Thank you.
Original post by PaulUoB
Anyway this has gotten pretty off topic.

It's not off topic if Pareto is soliciting reviews. The students reading the thread should be aware of it and draw their own conclusions.
I can honestly say that I'm currently hired by them and I'm disgusted how they have been treating myself and my colleagues. Payment isn't always made, many promises have been made with no return and the training they send you on for 5 days in Manchester is really bad. They treat you like children and the accommodation they supply you with is terrible. Free breakfast is the only good thing. You have no kitchen to make food, doors in a handful of rooms have faulty locks and they really don't intend on fixing it. Any more queries, don't hesitate to ask me anything related to Pareto Law.
Had an amazing day with Pareto on their assessment day. Was so professionally executed and met some really great people. Would recommend attending this day as the staff were great and supported me throughout the day and gave great advice leading up to it. Got the job I wanted and looking forward to further training from Pareto
Original post by TheHonestJohn
I can honestly say that I'm currently hired by them and I'm disgusted how they have been treating myself and my colleagues. Payment isn't always made, many promises have been made with no return and the training they send you on for 5 days in Manchester is really bad. They treat you like children and the accommodation they supply you with is terrible. Free breakfast is the only good thing. You have no kitchen to make food, doors in a handful of rooms have faulty locks and they really don't intend on fixing it. Any more queries, don't hesitate to ask me anything related to Pareto Law.

Hi Honest John - I am sorry to read that you have been unhappy with the service you have received from us so far. Could you please send me more information about the issues you have experienced, so that I can ensure that these are looked into further and resolved?

My email address is [email protected] - I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you
Reply 149
Trust me I AM NOT BEING BITTER when I say PARETO LAW Assessment day was the most poorly organised and managed assessment centre I have attended to date. I was not successful but the fact that they had 50 people and provided WATER AND APPLES FOR "lunch" was hideous. They were so badly organised that I was asked to complete my 1 2 1"interview" myself WRITING OUT MY ANSWERS. LUDICROUS lol though good on them for being so selective when they can't even afford a LABEL on the BUILDING front of where they are located lol. :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 150
Trust me I AM NOT BEING BITTER when I say PARETO LAW Assessment day was the most poorly organised and managed assessment centre I have attended to date. I was not successful but the fact that they had 50 people and provided WATER AND APPLES FOR "lunch" was hideous. They were so badly organised that I was asked to complete my 1 2 1"interview" myself WRITING OUT MY ANSWERS. LUDICROUS lol though good on them for being so selective when they can't even afford a LABEL on the BUILDING front of where they are located lol.
Truthfully I only attended to get a feel for my upcoming MAJOR assessment days. But I don't think the top magic circle law firms 'starve' potential employees. Lol the SQUASH AND APPLE had to be SNAPCHATTED "snacks for lunch".
Yes I believe you PARETO when you talk about nights out paid lunches and holidays the APPLES SAID IT ALL ! Hahaha Wish you well. :smile:
Reply 151
Original post by Pareto_Law
Hi Honest John - I am sorry to read that you have been unhappy with the service you have received from us so far. Could you please send me more information about the issues you have experienced, so that I can ensure that these are looked into further and resolved?

My email address is [email protected] - I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

Pls read my comments
I went to that aswell yesterday! I couldn't agree with you more it was absolutely shocking! I didn't even get the chance to have an apple and by the time I came back to the main room all the squash was finished too! Really annoyed that they didn't just tell those who were unsuccessful much sooner
I didn't even apply for a job with them and yet they decided to waste their time phoning me to say I was unsuccessful.
Been following this thread for a while. Made an account especially to make my comment. I applied for a job which was non existent. But to be fair the Pareto operative initially in contact with me was upfront about it as I read the student room replies and was aware. I had read about the negative reviews but had time to burn. So i attended their assessment days. I enjoyed it and was told on that day that I was selected. Swiftly Pareto got me interviews for 3-4 jobs. All about 22-25k plus bonus. All acceptable to me.

This is where the problems started. Its been more than a month, since I went to these jobs and have not heard back anything. In many cases said employers were harping on about how they would give detailed feedback regardless. Its been a stone wall as far as Pareto are concerned. They dont care about you. They just want somebody to fill the quotas and get as much information about the interview as possible. In all cases I was the first pareto graduate to be interviewed. In all cases they called me after the interview and asked me details. I was naive enough to provide them. Never heard back from them. I have since found out, they hold their personally connected (friends and relatives) candidates back so they can provide the info from earlier interviews.

With regards to Pareto I shall say the following

(a) Do attend their assessment days if you have the time and money is not too much. They are fun. Pack some food along. I made contacts on the day with candidates who have now become job hunting friends. We keep each other informed. Good place to network. I attended in Jan 2016. Lots of recent masters graduates.

(b) Keep applying through other avenues. Pareto are more like an outside chance to pay off. If your lucky then good luck to you. The jobs I interviewed for were good. Not going to lie.

(c) Dont give information after the interview or out and out lie. You are effectively boosting the chance of the pareto graduate (mostly a friend and relative) who follows you.

It may still pay off. Who knows. But i choose to be pessimistic about Pareto. The probability that you will get through and also land a decent job via Pareto is probably 10% in my view. I shall update maybe in a few months. Maybe they just need more time.
Original post by MasterStudent
Been following this thread for a while. Made an account especially to make my comment. I applied for a job which was non existent. But to be fair the Pareto operative initially in contact with me was upfront about it as I read the student room replies and was aware. I had read about the negative reviews but had time to burn. So i attended their assessment days. I enjoyed it and was told on that day that I was selected. Swiftly Pareto got me interviews for 3-4 jobs. All about 22-25k plus bonus. All acceptable to me.

This is where the problems started. Its been more than a month, since I went to these jobs and have not heard back anything. In many cases said employers were harping on about how they would give detailed feedback regardless. Its been a stone wall as far as Pareto are concerned. They dont care about you. They just want somebody to fill the quotas and get as much information about the interview as possible. In all cases I was the first pareto graduate to be interviewed. In all cases they called me after the interview and asked me details. I was naive enough to provide them. Never heard back from them. I have since found out, they hold their personally connected (friends and relatives) candidates back so they can provide the info from earlier interviews.

With regards to Pareto I shall say the following

(a) Do attend their assessment days if you have the time and money is not too much. They are fun. Pack some food along. I made contacts on the day with candidates who have now become job hunting friends. We keep each other informed. Good place to network. I attended in Jan 2016. Lots of recent masters graduates.

(b) Keep applying through other avenues. Pareto are more like an outside chance to pay off. If your lucky then good luck to you. The jobs I interviewed for were good. Not going to lie.

(c) Dont give information after the interview or out and out lie. You are effectively boosting the chance of the pareto graduate (mostly a friend and relative) who follows you.

It may still pay off. Who knows. But i choose to be pessimistic about Pareto. The probability that you will get through and also land a decent job via Pareto is probably 10% in my view. I shall update maybe in a few months. Maybe they just need more time.

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback, we are always seeking to improve our processes and we understand that sometimes things take a little longer than usual to get going post assessment! I'm confident that we will be able to find a role you desire soon - our average placement time is typically 10 days.

Please could you send me some more details to [email protected] and I will ensure that your feedback is chased up and sent out. I will also contact the relevant Account Managers of other roles available you may choose to interview for.

Thanks,
Thankyou for the prompt reply Sberry. Appreciated. I think I am going to give my account managers a few more days as the financial new year is upon us. So maybe employers are still making their minds up etc. If they still dont contact me say by 7th April etc I shall then email you.

One thing i will say, feedback in general from pareto has been terrible. Before any event be it job interviews or even assessment days pareto law have been excellent. Multiple phones, offer you tips on the job and presentations etc. I have learnt through that process. After the interview feedback has been zero. So you dont really know what worked and what did not. You cannot improve. For example, after the assessment day everybody was told that they would get feedback if they got in or not. Been 2 months+ and despite chasing them there is 0 feedback. I am in a whatsapp group with fellow job hunters some of whom who made it some did not. Nobody has got any feedback from the assessment day. Which is surprising because in London atleast Pareto staff were excellent on the day. Even before that on the telephone interview the man conducting it said I was excellent and he would provide feedback of my telephone interview. Got nothing.

So its a general trend of no feedback from Pareto. I dont mind being rejected. Also dont mind if employers dont provide any feedback (clearly pareto cannot force them). But i do expect Pareto to be professional and provide feedback and be in touch. A friend in the whatsapp group who made it through pareto actually did not make it through another agency called Graduate Fasttrack. But he got feedback on why he failed. Maybe that feedback caused him to improve for Pareto? Maybe Pareto need to actually reduce the number of students/graduates they call to the assessment day?

So the general message from me is, provide feedback. Especially to those who actually are selected by Pareto. You significantly improve the chance of your graduates getting selected eventually and improve your stock. Its sort of self defeating if you have somebody on your books who cannot improve if no feedback is provided.Now many times I was contacted literally a day before an interview and I was happy to prepare and they even provided all the information. I was professional and put many things aside to attend the said interview on time. I expect Pareto to do their bit and be professional.

Rather than maybe just investigating my case. It would be prudent to send out a mass email to all your operators and ask them to email or call graduates who have attended interviews and give them a status update. I repeat again. I am giving my account managers the benefit of the doubt because the financial new year is upon us. But I was disappointed I did not get any feedback from pareto on the assessment day. That itself would be a good start.
Reply 157
Hello, I have several questions to ask, please reply when you have a chance! :smile:
I went through the same process and three weeks later I have a job with an ace firm. Good money company car etc. Their not a con they just want to take the best on as more chance in placing candidates in right companies. I'm doing a week sales training next week with them.
Regards Helen
(edited 7 years ago)
I went to a Pareto assesment day a few weeks ago.

First impressions were that it seems like a nice place, everyone seems really friendly and theres lots of candidates.
They have several clients who they work for there and they're assessing you as well.
First excercise was to introduce yourself, say who you aspire to and your greatest non-academic acheivement. Well several people were called out alphabetically and myself and a couple of people near me, noticed one of the clients mouth "I don't like her" about a girl that was introducing herself, bit harsh we thought as she hadnt even said much and seemed quite nice on intros. Well the day progressed with 2 group tasks, another group task after a break and then a presentation to several clients and Pareto staff.

Well when all was over they called a list of people and told them to follow someone into one room and left some in another room where they would tell the group if they'll be hired or not.

I actually got hired but there were a lot of people in my room that I feel were very quiet and didn't perform as well as some of the people did in the "you're not hired" room. It was then that I noticed that the type of people who were going to be "hired" all looked a certain way (slim, pretty or handsome, quirky) or had a certain bitchy or vicous personality, no one that was of normal size (I mean bigger than a size 4 or 6 UK) or had a generally nice personality went through and that made me really sad. Myself and a friend went together and we actually got talking to a couple of other really lovely girls and were in a group with some very quiet people but my friend didn't get through, despite winning the group exercise and being captain (so essentially being the leader) when a girl who actually didn't speak got through.

Needless to say, and to summarize everything, I didn't want Pareto to hire me so I told them I had been offered another job elsewhere. I didn't like the way they judged a lot more people on looks than they should have.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending