The Student Room Group

Unsure about dbs

I am waiting for the enhanced dbs certificate by post. All steps are completed , however, at the bottom it says 'IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please wait for the Certificate before making a recruitment, employment or licensing decision regarding this applicant'.

Never been in trouble of any sort, so panicking because online many sites say there will be something mentioned that I am unaware of on my certificate, in the other relevant information section of the dbs.

Has anyone had this message but received a clear certificate?
Reply 1
Hey did you get your certificate, was it clear.

Original post by Anonymous99A
I am waiting for the enhanced dbs certificate by post. All steps are completed , however, at the bottom it says 'IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please wait for the Certificate before making a recruitment, employment or licensing decision regarding this applicant'.

Never been in trouble of any sort, so panicking because online many sites say there will be something mentioned that I am unaware of on my certificate, in the other relevant information section of the dbs.

Has anyone had this message but received a clear certificate?
Reply 2
Original post by ArclightUK
Hey did you get your certificate, was it clear.

Yes. It's just a standard message which doesn't make sense. Was panicking for no reason. Even had a chat with the agency rep which said there is a criminal record and hence that message 😡
Reply 3
It makes perfect sense, it's telling employers not to employ someone until the certificate comes back. DBS is required to work with vulnerable people and thus reminding employers not to take risks is eminently sensible. If the agency rep said that it necessarily implies a record, that rep is an imbecile.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4
A cursory search enloghtens us as rto some possible reasons:

'If the Adult First Check result states ‘Please wait for the DBS certificate before making a recruitment decision regarding this applicant’, the applicant is not allowed to start work until the full DBS check is completed. Please note, this result does not necessarily mean the person is on the adults barred list. It could mean for example that:
A person with a similar name or date of birth is a match on the list, or,
There is some type of conviction information which would need to be seen by the employer. This would allow them to make a more informed recruitment decision.'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending