The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by turn-to-page394
No, I haven't - probably after christmas seeing as their aim seems to be to stress us out :biggrin:
Hopefully you'll get them tomorrow but don't worry about it! Everything will be happy and dandy in the end :cool:

Haha, last year my teachers were trying to stress us out for the end of Year 10 exams but now they're trying to calm us down and telling us not to worry too much about mocks :confused:
Yep, hopefully both our schools will give them to us fairly soon!
Original post by ImagineCats
Same. Do you think they'll be past papers?

Yeah that's what our teachers said. I think they'll be the ones the current year 12 did because they aren't out to the students yet but teachers have access.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's so annoying when teachers stress you out by not giving you timetables.

All our teachers are telling us to do is yoga to try and destress xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Purple-Pixie
Haha, last year my teachers were trying to stress us out for the end of Year 10 exams but now they're trying to calm us down and telling us not to worry too much about mocks :confused:

Oh our schools like that. Especially the science department, they're right scaremongers about tests. Just because they're the biggest department... *sigh*
Not so soon - mine are in early january!
Kind of annoying as it basically ruins your christmas :frown: - i don't think school knows that we do have lives...

Good luck for yours :biggrin:

EDIT: Saw the other posts - feel sorry for me... and they're all in a period of 10 days (with what one weekend in there somewhere?) - guess they want to us to feel ultra stressed so the actual exams feel better - still.

My mocks are in the space of 6 school days and on one day I have four exams. :frown:

Haha, reminds me of my chemistry teacher... Someone asked why the topic was so difficult and I quote: "It's not hard if you're clever. I find it easy. (that modesty) If you're a student, then you'll find it difficult." I mean, thanks for insinuating that we're stupid...?
Teachers fail at making you feel better...
Original post by Steliata
Do you find talking about PMS awkward? I stopped caring because I realised it happens to 50 odd percent of the population so there shouldn't really be a taboo. Understandably people get uncomfortable about other stuff but talking about just PMS isn't that bad tbh

I guess going to a girl's school means that we don't really think about it as much and it's awkward to talk about because we know that everyone in the year experiences it?
That and the fact I find a lot of things incredibly awkward :P My awkwardness tolerance level is so low it's not even...
And true, there's worse things to talk about.
Original post by Martie08
My mocks are in the space of 6 school days and on one day I have four exams. :frown:

I feel for you.... It sounds like my end of year 10 exams, only more painful because we've learnt more course material now. :frown:
That and hand cramp.
Hope you live. :biggrin: Good luck.
I feel for you.... It sounds like my end of year 10 exams, only more painful because we've learnt more course material now. :frown:
That and hand cramp.
Hope you live. :biggrin: Good luck.

I need to start revision but can't be bothered! :s-smilie:
I need to start revision but can't be bothered! :s-smilie:

When are the mocks? :smile:

Just remember that in the exam, you'll regret not revising...

Unless you're a genius or have an eidetic memory of course. :biggrin:

Ahaha, i suck at motivating others. :colondollar:
To anyone who is doing AQA A Geography, have you learnt about glaciers in physical geography? My class completed it last year but our teacher left out glaciers, weather and few other things that are on the specification but he says that's the physical completed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got my mock timetable yesterday and it's not great but it could be worse...

My ICT mock is 2 and a half hours long and we have to stay behind after school on a Friday to finish it :mad:
I got my mock timetable yesterday and it's not great but it could be worse...

My ICT mock is 2 and a half hours long and we have to stay behind after school on a Friday to finish it :mad:

2.5 hours?! :eek::eek: I've heard that a lot of IT exams are long, even at A-Level. Is that true? :tongue:

I'm sure it'll be fine anyway! :biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
2.5 hours?! :eek::eek: I've heard that a lot of IT exams are long, even at A-Level. Is that true? :tongue:

I'm sure it'll be fine anyway! :biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they're really long :frown: This will be the first ICT exam we've done though because for some reason we didn't do one during the end of Year 10 exams.

We're doing our actual ICT GCSE in January but it's split over two days since it has to take place during an ICT lesson and our lessons are only an hour and 20 minutes.

Thanks, I really hate long exams though haha!
I really hate long exams though haha!

Good luck :smile: art is even worse, it's 10 hours :frown: so 5 hours one day and 5 the next. It's going to be awful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
When are the mocks? :smile:

Just remember that in the exam, you'll regret not revising...

Unless you're a genius or have an eidetic memory of course. :biggrin:

Ahaha, i suck at motivating others. :colondollar:

In a month.
I know that I just.... eurgh. Usually I'm really motivated but yeah.
In a month.
I know that I just.... eurgh. Usually I'm really motivated but yeah.

Sometimes it's ok to have an off day.
I have them all the time... probably way too often but that... you don't need to know that:cool:
On a bad day, I just want to throw all my notes in the bin. :colondollar: Only the thought of the amount of time that went into it stops me... (shouldn't have admitted that but meh)

A month... it's not too far away for you to forget about it nor too close for panic... :mad:I've decided I don't like months.

I've got this feeling you'll do great :smile: Good luck.
Anyone else looking forward to half term? :P
Original post by tryrevise
Good luck :smile: art is even worse, it's 10 hours :frown: so 5 hours one day and 5 the next. It's going to be awful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Oh yeah I forgot how long Art is. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by Midnightmemories
Anyone else looking forward to half term? :P

I can't wait, I'm exhausted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest