Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joostan)
    Cheers
    AQA is an effort But unit 1 is a bit of a joke :lol:
    No problemo, haha like 10 people in the whole year got a B in unit 1, its easy but has questions that trick you! I got a high C but not retaking (good I didn't because i'm on a mid B now)
    less revision, more money haha

Ahh I did AQA in GCSE loved it ;D
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Yeah - but you've got an offer from Warwick right?
    They don't just take anybody
    In my eyes they do as someone I know applied with predicted grades of AAB and they have that person an offer too, I'm probably not going to get in anyway so what's the point in wasting my time trying :-/ I'll never get the Chemistry to the level they want.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    In my eyes they do as someone I know applied with predicted grades of AAB and they have that person an offer too, I'm probably not going to get in anyway so what's the point in wasting my time trying :-/ I'll never get the Chemistry to the level they want.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Right, gonna PM you

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheer up Mr Glum
    You'll make it. What do they want chem for?

(Original post by tigerz)
    No problemo, haha like 10 people in the whole year got a B in unit 1, its easy but has questions that trick you! I got a high C but not retaking (good I didn't because i'm on a mid B now)
    less revision, more money haha

Ahh I did AQA in GCSE loved it ;D
    Meh - I suck at ISAs The ISA cost me full UMS at GCSE in bio and chem :lol:
    Since then I did two ISAs and an EMPA for chem :eek:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I got a C, need an A :-|

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got a D! (61%). Also need an A.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Cheer up Mr Glum
    Sorry, I just had a little moment as this will be my third time at attempting this exam and so far I'm sitting on a D for it, so I really need an A too!

They want me to get an A from my current C, so it's going to be tight if I do it or not, we shall just see really

There's problem also some personal issues which are causing me to be in this slight attitude, but I'm trying my best to not let them get the better of me before my exams are over.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by reubenkinara)
    I got a D! (61%). Also need an A.
    Oh, I'm sorry and lets go prove our teachers wrong!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's the highest u can get based on the 1st module and labs?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    What's the highest u can get based on the 1st module and labs?
    What do you mean? I'm in my A2 year do this is just a resit, along with my other A2 units too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cheer up Mr Glum

Meh - I suck at ISAs The ISA cost me full UMS at GCSE in bio and chem :lol:
    Since then I did two ISAs and an EMPA for chem :eek:
    I loved the ISA's they bought me UP a grade haha got an A* for 2 of them, even this year the Practical bought me up. I don't even know what an EMPA is
    In my old school everytime out teacher said ISA we would whisper *ISA ISA baby* (because is sounded like ice, we were weirdos, correction still are)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    NOO don't give upppp (melodramatic voice)
    You always try!! I got an E for bio first (1 mark away from U) LOL and still got an A overall, I was predicted to FAIL in science but she didn't kick me out of triple so I got 3 A's and showed her whos boss!
    She thought I cheated in my chem because I got 100

Anyways the point is if you try you'll get the grade in the end at some point, I've never gotten high than a D in my chemistry mock this year, and got a C in Jan but ima work hard to get an A overall wooop!
    Is chemistry required? Or do they just want you to have an AAB grade overall?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I just had a little moment as this will be my third time at attempting this exam and so far I'm sitting on a D for it, so I really need an A too!

They want me to get an A from my current C, so it's going to be tight if I do it or not, we shall just see really

There's problem also some personal issues which are causing me to be in this slight attitude, but I'm trying my best to not let them get the better of me before my exams are over.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    An A? Seems pretty steep, but it can be done - the AS modules'll be a walk over for you
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    What do you mean? I'm in my A2 year do this is just a resit, along with my other A2 units too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, I thought you were AS. I mean UMS. For me, it's 92.5

ReputationRep:
    I loved the ISA's they bought me UP a grade haha got an A* for 2 of them, even this year the Practical bought me up. I don't even know what an EMPA is
    In my old school everytime out teacher said ISA we would whisper *ISA ISA baby* (because is sounded like ice, we were weirdos, correction still are)
    :lol: An EMPA is an Externally Marked Practical Assessment.
    They're a little bit better than ISAs. Yeah I got a B for my GCSE bio ISA I think. . . 77UMS
    The chem one was a bit better
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Oh, I thought you were AS. I mean UMS. For me, it's 92.5
    No I'm an A2 student just resitting the first unit, so the highest UMS possible will be 90, I'd really like to get that and I feel I know enough to actually get that too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    HAHA yaay, its what I do best (I tend to do better when teachers expect me to do bad :/ dunno why, love proving teachers wrong I guess)
    they get bare confused :excited:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    An A? Seems pretty steep, but it can be done - the AS modules'll be a walk over for you
    Yeah, I thought the same thing and I'm hoping it will be, but I'm prone to making really daft mistakes, like all the time! If I stopped them I'd easily get the A grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mine is pretty easy in comparison to others. We've only had a few people get 100 UMS, but only in one module and no others, also the record for just Maths is 550/600 and for Further Maths its 535/600 so I don't actually know if its still possible for me to beat all of the records currently held, also no one has ever went from a C at As level in a subject to an A or A* and I want to be the first to do that too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My college record is 600/600 for both so... yeah, doesn't look like any record breaking is possible :mmm:

Maybe S,S in STEP II and III would break some sort of record, though I definitely wouldn't count on that
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    HAHA yaay, its what I do best (I tend to do better when teachers expect me to do bad :/ dunno why, love proving teachers wrong I guess)
    they get bare confused :excited:
    Yeah, I normally do that too, although not so much in Chemistry. But that will change this year!

And I just want to thank everyone for helping me stay motivated, I'm now going to do a past paper and ace it, so I can do the exact same tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by justinawe)
    My college record is 600/600 for both so... yeah, doesn't look like any record breaking is possible :mmm:

Maybe S,S in STEP II and III would break some sort of record, though I definitely wouldn't count on that
    My god, I'd look incredibly stupid at your college then in comparison! And there is always a first for everything

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :lol: An EMPA is an Externally Marked Practical Assessment.
    They're a little bit better than ISAs. Yeah I got a B for my GCSE bio ISA I think. . . 77UMS
    The chem one was a bit better
    Ahh I see! I just need to stop making silly mistakes, after my mock my teacher was like: You have A grade knowledge, you work out the right answer then cross it out and write randomness LOL!

Yeah, I normally do that too, although not so much in Chemistry. But that will change this year!

And I just want to thank everyone for helping me stay motivated, I'm now going to do a past paper and ace it, so I can do the exact same tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    YUP, good luck! You'll be fine

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.