The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1880
Original post by joostan
Cheers :biggrin:
AQA is an effort :colone: But unit 1 is a bit of a joke :lol:

No problemo, haha like 10 people in the whole year got a B in unit 1, its easy but has questions that trick you! I got a high C but not retaking (good I didn't because i'm on a mid B now)
less revision, more money haha

Ahh I did AQA in GCSE loved it ;D
Original post by joostan
Yeah - but you've got an offer from Warwick right?
They don't just take anybody :tongue:

In my eyes they do as someone I know applied with predicted grades of AAB and they have that person an offer too, I'm probably not going to get in anyway so what's the point in wasting my time trying :-/ I'll never get the Chemistry to the level they want.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsNerd1
In my eyes they do as someone I know applied with predicted grades of AAB and they have that person an offer too, I'm probably not going to get in anyway so what's the point in wasting my time trying :-/ I'll never get the Chemistry to the level they want.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right, gonna PM you
Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheer up Mr Glum :smile:
You'll make it. What do they want chem for? :s-smilie:

Original post by tigerz
No problemo, haha like 10 people in the whole year got a B in unit 1, its easy but has questions that trick you! I got a high C but not retaking (good I didn't because i'm on a mid B now)
less revision, more money haha

Ahh I did AQA in GCSE loved it ;D

Meh - I suck at ISAs The ISA cost me full UMS at GCSE in bio and chem :lol:
Since then I did two ISAs and an EMPA for chem :eek:
(edited 10 years ago)
I got a C, need an A :-|

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a D! (61%). Also need an A.
Original post by joostan

Sorry, I just had a little moment as this will be my third time at attempting this exam and so far I'm sitting on a D for it, so I really need an A too!

They want me to get an A from my current C, so it's going to be tight if I do it or not, we shall just see really :smile:

There's problem also some personal issues which are causing me to be in this slight attitude, but I'm trying my best to not let them get the better of me before my exams are over.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by reubenkinara
I got a D! (61%). Also need an A.

Oh, I'm sorry and lets go prove our teachers wrong!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's the highest u can get based on the 1st module and labs?
What's the highest u can get based on the 1st module and labs?

What do you mean? I'm in my A2 year do this is just a resit, along with my other A2 units too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1889
Original post by joostan

Meh - I suck at ISAs The ISA cost me full UMS at GCSE in bio and chem :lol:
Since then I did two ISAs and an EMPA for chem :eek:

I loved the ISA's they bought me UP a grade haha got an A* for 2 of them, even this year the Practical bought me up. I don't even know what an EMPA is :s-smilie:
In my old school everytime out teacher said ISA we would whisper *ISA ISA baby* (because is sounded like ice, we were weirdos, correction still are)

Posted from TSR Mobile

NOO don't give upppp (melodramatic voice)
You always try!! I got an E for bio first (1 mark away from U) LOL and still got an A overall, I was predicted to FAIL in science but she didn't kick me out of triple so I got 3 A's and showed her whos boss!
She thought I cheated in my chem because I got 100 :h:

Anyways the point is if you try you'll get the grade in the end at some point, I've never gotten high than a D in my chemistry mock this year, and got a C in Jan but ima work hard to get an A overall wooop!
Is chemistry required? Or do they just want you to have an AAB grade overall?
Sorry, I just had a little moment as this will be my third time at attempting this exam and so far I'm sitting on a D for it, so I really need an A too!

They want me to get an A from my current C, so it's going to be tight if I do it or not, we shall just see really :smile:

There's problem also some personal issues which are causing me to be in this slight attitude, but I'm trying my best to not let them get the better of me before my exams are over.

Posted from TSR Mobile

An A? Seems pretty steep, but it can be done - the AS modules'll be a walk over for you :smile:
What do you mean? I'm in my A2 year do this is just a resit, along with my other A2 units too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, I thought you were AS. I mean UMS. For me, it's 92.5
Original post by tigerz
I loved the ISA's they bought me UP a grade haha got an A* for 2 of them, even this year the Practical bought me up. I don't even know what an EMPA is :s-smilie:
In my old school everytime out teacher said ISA we would whisper *ISA ISA baby* (because is sounded like ice, we were weirdos, correction still are)

:lol: An EMPA is an Externally Marked Practical Assessment.
They're a little bit better than ISAs. Yeah I got a B for my GCSE bio ISA I think. . . 77UMS :colone:
The chem one was a bit better :smile:
Oh, I thought you were AS. I mean UMS. For me, it's 92.5

No I'm an A2 student just resitting the first unit, so the highest UMS possible will be 90, I'd really like to get that and I feel I know enough to actually get that too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1894

Posted from TSR Mobile

HAHA yaay, its what I do best (I tend to do better when teachers expect me to do bad :/ dunno why, love proving teachers wrong I guess)
they get bare confused :excited:
Original post by joostan
An A? Seems pretty steep, but it can be done - the AS modules'll be a walk over for you :smile:

Yeah, I thought the same thing and I'm hoping it will be, but I'm prone to making really daft mistakes, like all the time! If I stopped them I'd easily get the A grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mine is pretty easy in comparison to others. We've only had a few people get 100 UMS, but only in one module and no others, also the record for just Maths is 550/600 and for Further Maths its 535/600 so I don't actually know if its still possible for me to beat all of the records currently held, also no one has ever went from a C at As level in a subject to an A or A* and I want to be the first to do that too! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My college record is 600/600 for both so... yeah, doesn't look like any record breaking is possible :mmm:

Maybe S,S in STEP II and III would break some sort of record, though I definitely wouldn't count on that :redface:
Original post by tigerz
HAHA yaay, its what I do best (I tend to do better when teachers expect me to do bad :/ dunno why, love proving teachers wrong I guess)
they get bare confused :excited:

Yeah, I normally do that too, although not so much in Chemistry. But that will change this year! :biggrin:

And I just want to thank everyone for helping me stay motivated, I'm now going to do a past paper and ace it, so I can do the exact same tomorrow! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by justinawe
My college record is 600/600 for both so... yeah, doesn't look like any record breaking is possible :mmm:

Maybe S,S in STEP II and III would break some sort of record, though I definitely wouldn't count on that :redface:

My god, I'd look incredibly stupid at your college then in comparison! And there is always a first for everything :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1899
Original post by joostan
:lol: An EMPA is an Externally Marked Practical Assessment.
They're a little bit better than ISAs. Yeah I got a B for my GCSE bio ISA I think. . . 77UMS :colone:
The chem one was a bit better :smile:

Ahh I see! I just need to stop making silly mistakes, after my mock my teacher was like: You have A grade knowledge, you work out the right answer then cross it out and write randomness LOL!

Yeah, I normally do that too, although not so much in Chemistry. But that will change this year! :biggrin:

And I just want to thank everyone for helping me stay motivated, I'm now going to do a past paper and ace it, so I can do the exact same tomorrow! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

YUP, good luck! :smile: You'll be fine
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending