The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I agree, that paper was pretty good, Fab in comparison to paper 1! :smile: yey!!
What did everyone else think?
Reply 2
*b2t*
I agree, that paper was pretty good, Fab in comparison to paper 1! :smile: yey!!
What did everyone else think?

I totally agree with the above. I found it very interesting. I coldn't do the clcok one though? anyone got it right?

charikaar
Reply 3
Yes it was OK but a litlle annoyed. The clock question was relating to bearings.
Reply 4
Did anyone know the answers to the following question:

1) Circle equation.
2) 3D Trig,
3)The last algebraic eqation question?
Reply 5
It was average - One of those papers you glance at for a while then think "Ahh!"

My pen kept smudging though so I had to keep checking the answers were still readable!

And the woman gave me a entire pack of tracing paper for the flag question which wasn't holepunched...yet they expected me to attach it to the paper at the end of the exam! :mad:
Reply 6
What flag paper? Are you talking about moduler.
Reply 7
thinktank
What flag paper? Are you talking about moduler.

Modular Intermediate
Reply 8
Oh my mistake then. I did higher so i wasnt sure what you were talking about. I didnt need to use any tracing paper.
Reply 9
thinktank
Did anyone know the answers to the following question:

1) Circle equation.
2) 3D Trig,
3)The last algebraic eqation question?

i got

x/3 for circle equation(they asked for equation for tangent yeah)

for 3d trig i think i got 24 something.

CAN'T REMEMBER THE LAST ONE!

charikaar
The clock question was about the cosine rule.

Because it is a clock - and a circle - there are 360 degrees, and the clock had hands which was point at 7 o'clock meaning that the number of degrees between the two hands was 120 degrees. then you just substitute all the numbers into the cosine rule and then you get ur answer.
Reply 11
RudyKatoch
The clock question was about the cosine rule.

Because it is a clock - and a circle - there are 360 degrees, and the clock had hands which was point at 7 o'clock meaning that the number of degrees between the two hands was 120 degrees. then you just substitute all the numbers into the cosine rule and then you get ur answer.

i got this wrong. i knew there was someting to do with cosine but couldn't figure out the angle at that time!!!!
OH YAY I thought I'd got that wrong by using the cosine rule cos everyone in my school that I spoke to after used pythagoras :confused: I did...360/12 (because there's 12 hours on the clock..) then I multiplied that by 7 and I think I got 150 as the angle at the top of the triangle...then I used cosine rule...think I got something really weird though maybe went wrong on one of the steps cos I got like.... -2.5, so I just crossed the - out and decided to move on LOL...

For the last page though I got y = 1 and I'm pretty sure it was wrong now. Did anyone else get that?

I agree that it was a little easier than paper 1 but I still found a lot of it very hard!
Reply 13
charikaar
I totally agree with the above. I found it very interesting. I coldn't do the clcok one though? anyone got it right?

Ah, I'm so annoyed with myself. At the time I though 'but there's no angle given?' but of course, 360/12 for the degree of each hour, multiplied by whatever time (7?) was given and then go from there. Unfortunately didn't occur to me at the time! [no pun intended]

A couple of others I fumbled, but apart from that, the whole experience was just so much better than last weeks.

Ah, and now I've finished. That was my last GCSE. :smile:
Reply 14
(Re Higher Modular)
I got something like 24 for the 3d trigonometry.
I could do the first half (did you have to draw a circle on the graph?)
Then I could do about 1/2 of the second half, I attempted most of the questions and did working, but whether it was right or not I don't know.

Haha, the clock one, I had no idea, I knew what to do once I had an angle but couldn't find an angle.

I haven't done that well though, I am feeling very pessimistic about all my GCSEs, I know I could have done so much better.

Latest