The Student Room Group

Improve from cdd to abb in a month

Got an offer to study medicine but need at least abb, did a set of past papers and scored cdd today. Is it possible and has anyone got any advice, thanks
(edited 11 months ago)
I like the saying 'never say never' but you have left it V late considering if its a levels ur talking about the first ones start in like a week. All you can do is blitz past papers, talk to your teachers for content you dont know and say goodbye to your social life for the next couple months and hope at least you can get to a bbb standard
Original post by a100applicant
Got an offer to study medicine but need at least abb, did a set of past papers and scored cdd today. Is it possible and has anyone got any advice, thanks
Reply 2

i went from a dde to bbb last year, just practise past papers over and over, learn the mark scheme for bio, make sure u know how to answer the aqa bio essay, chem aqa carries a lot of calc marks so ensure u know ur formulas acids n bases etc, try do at least 2 past papers a day at this rate (i know it might seem impossible but u gotta do what u gotta do)
(edited 11 months ago)

Don't let anyone tell you it's impossible. I asked this question a few years ago and I managed to do what I needed to get into my uni course. If you don't have much time left perhaps through your syllabus and looking at what you know a little on, and what you know nothing on. I usually tend to play to my strengths, and tidy weaknesses if I have time, but that doesn't work for some people and can be risky as strengths don't come up in exams some times if luck isn't on your side.

All I can really say is try your best and don't give up, I'm sure you'll get there!
Original post by user123456324
I like the saying 'never say never' but you have left it V late considering if its a levels ur talking about the first ones start in like a week. All you can do is blitz past papers, talk to your teachers for content you dont know and say goodbye to your social life for the next couple months and hope at least you can get to a bbb standard

"social life"
Reply 5
Original post by anon-.-
i went from a dde to bbb last year, just practise past papers over and over, learn the mark scheme for bio, make sure u know how to answer the aqa bio essay, chem aqa carries a lot of calc marks so ensure u know ur formulas acids n bases etc, try do at least 2 past papers a day at this rate (i know it might seem impossible but u gotta do what u gotta do)

how long did this take
Reply 6
how long did this take

around a month of actually working and grinding out work, i only did past papers for bio n then chem i used youtube and focused a lot on calculations

i also used someone elses flashcards on quizlet for topics i found hard too
Reply 7
Original post by anon-.-
around a month of actually working and grinding out work, i only did past papers for bio n then chem i used youtube and focused a lot on calculations

check pm
Reply 8
Original post by anon-.-

pm again tysm :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest