The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Ok, well I'm not going to be able to get the tape until tomorrow anyway - I forgot this was Sunday :rolleyes:

Re: Whoever suggested the white one: that part (and ONLY that part...arrgh this is so annoying) of the dress is like a slightly meshy, not solid (that was badly described, sorry) material, so white shows through. Lol.

Tomorrow I'm out hunting for tape and broaches then, cross your fingers for me :biggrin:

(If this all works out, I'll post a pic of the finished outfit on Saturday!)

ZarathustraX

EDIT: Reema, you're right really, it's hilarious. I was in fits trying to post last night! :rofl: And I got repped for the picture with the comment "Aw bless you"! :redface: Lol...dontcha just love this place? :tsr:
*crosses fingers*
Reply 42
Tit tape is the way forward!! just make sure you're not in a rush when applying and push it to ur skin for at least 10 seconds! you'll be fine with it, i had to get over fears of it too!
http://www.lasenza.co.uk

or what about one of those backless only front bras they have in places like woolworths
would that be worth it
Reply 44
Zarathustra
Thanks skev, but as I said earlier I literally can't go shopping again next week - I have about 14hours of exams in four days :frown:

Ouch, good luck with that... and sorry, people who don't read threads properly are one of my pet hates :redface:

*screams*

I'm turning into one!
Reply 45
you could try marks and spencers - am sure they do a halterneck bra
Do you only want it in black? Because its available in white...

Sorry if this has already been asked/said! :redface:
You could try buying the white one and using dye to turn it black. It might not turn out that well but maybe it'll be just enough to make it not show up so much through your mesh dress.
Special Patrol
You could try buying the white one and using dye to turn it black. It might not turn out that well but maybe it'll be just enough to make it not show up so much through your mesh dress.

Good idea. Just put it in the washing machine with black things...or would that just turn it a horrible grey colour? :confused:
Well I'd buy those things of black clothes dye you can get in the supermarket. If the bra had a bigger % of cotton I think the colour would take nicely but I'm not sure how well nylon takes dye.
Reply 50
Or...you could just paint it if the dye doesn't work? Using ordinary solid black paint (*realises how stupid this sounds*). I know you can't then wash the bra, but presuming you only want the bra for that one day/panic you could do that....and then later buy a new bra to go with the dress whenever you want later....

Be one hell of an expensive bra though...
Reply 51
You can only dye natural fibres, e.g. cotton. Most bras are mainly manmade fabrics.
Lol. I have joined this topic late enough to find the paint drawing VERY amusing. I hope you find what you're after. If not, buy a new dress and keep the old one til the new dress gets the right bra.
Reply 52
Zarathustra

(If this all works out, I'll post a pic of the finished outfit on Saturday!)

Ahem...:redface: Well here's one! It's not great, but I might find one from the front soon (still sorting through stuff).

In the end, I got the tape etc and was all ready to go with that, when....my mum walks in after a day in town, declaring that she's found a bra that might work for like £4 in Primark of all places :rolleyes: LOL. There was a slight problem still, but nothing a little creative pinning wouldn't fix :wink:

Thanks again for all your help everyone :smile:

Love to all,

ZarathustraX

Latest

Trending

Trending