The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Rosie0914
Is it fairly common for people to bring up potos of old friends to put in their uni rooms? I'd really like to, but I just don't wanna seem weird (especially as I will have prepared it all and that already). I already have a bunch of posters because I'm one fo those people who really likes everything to look nice and feel homey.

I had loads of photos from my life at home on my wall... I had a "home friends" wall and then a uni friends wall which was updated semi regularly during the year. All of my flatmates had photos of some kind - to be honest I'd think it was rather bizarre if someone didn't have personal stuff in their bedroom! Some people (mainly guys) just left their rooms totally bare which I've always found odd, its as though you don't live there!

.:aimee:.
x

As has been said as long as you remember to include the "numerous drawing pin/blue tac marks" on your inventory you should be okay. I also slightly exaggerated the state of the carpet knowing damn well I'd make it mucky during the year! Obviously don't stick pins all over the place but the previous residents will have certainly had things on their wall too so you can just follow their footsteps as there are only so many good places to stick a poster anyway.

If you live in a s/c flat the only time anyone from the university will come in your room is for the inspection, which only happened once when I was in first year. They send a letter about a week in advance detailing the exact time they will be in your flat.... I didn't take everything down but it meant that you had time to take some posters down/send your pet animals on holiday to another flat/put random articles such as signs and traffic cones into wardrobes where they can't be seen :biggrin:

If you stay in Pollock your cleaner comes into your room on a weekly (daily?) basis but as long as you stay on friendly terms with your cleaner life will be good.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 581
How long did it take from people getting the message saying 'You have been assigned accommodation.. etc" on myEd, to actually finding out where this accommodation is?
daeonica
How long did it take from people getting the message saying 'You have been assigned accommodation.. etc" on myEd, to actually finding out where this accommodation is?

I have still saying "no Student record could be found." and when I asked them about it, they said that I am not UF according to their records (when on ucas it changed to UF on tuesday) and that it's still being processed... ugh... what do you have there?
I'm another one with "You have been allocated accommodation, a link to accept this accommodation will be posted shortly." in my Accommodation Application Status for this year -- anyone know how soon I can expect to hear from them? :-)

Also, my choices were Robertson's Close, College Wynd and New Arthur's Place in that order, and in each I picked a small room. Hoping to get one of those! See you all in September! :-) :lovedup:
Well, my offer's just came through. Sciennes 2. Flat 3 Room 4, 26 Sciennes. Anyone else? :-)
Reply 585
7 Robertson's Close
Anyone?????
Reply 586
Hi all.. So I've got my room at Richmond Place (I'm a post grad) ans it says NS before my room number instead of CH like all the other people I know. Does that mean I was allocated the New Single en-suite room??
Reply 587
Is anyone here living in College Wynd for the upcoming semester/year, or lived there in the past? If you lived there in the past, did you like it? I'm coming as a visiting student from the US for this fall and I guess I'm a little worried that nobody has talked about College Wynd or Kincaid's Court so far... (I'm in College Wynd and some friends are in Kincaid's)
Reply 588
4 Kincaid's Court: Flat 6 :biggrin:
Reply 589
floralina
Is anyone here living in College Wynd for the upcoming semester/year, or lived there in the past? If you lived there in the past, did you like it? I'm coming as a visiting student from the US for this fall and I guess I'm a little worried that nobody has talked about College Wynd or Kincaid's Court so far... (I'm in College Wynd and some friends are in Kincaid's)

Kincaids is nice, ive walked past a lot and it looks really modern and New, I know a few people that have lived their in the past. Right next to the pubs and clubs too!
Reply 590
__IWalkTheLine
Well, my offer's just came through. Sciennes 2. Flat 3 Room 4, 26 Sciennes. Anyone else? :-)

Same! my 3 choices were the same as yours all small rooms and i got offered a standard room at sciennes, Flat 9
Just got my offer: Flat 10 Darroch Court!

Was quite upset about WPC (my friend said it's amazing, and by far the nicest place to live), but DC was my second choice, and I'm very happy with it :]
Just accepted my offer: Chancellor's Court and I'm not sure what CC2105 means but that's the room I'm in. Anyone else received an offer at Chancellor's yet?
Summerteeth
Just accepted my offer: Chancellor's Court and I'm not sure what CC2105 means but that's the room I'm in. Anyone else received an offer at Chancellor's yet?

I'm about to accept an offer for Chancellor's Court CC2108!
Hey guys ... just accepted my offer :smile: Flat 4, 5 Darroch Court, anybody else get that? Looking forward to meeting you all!
Hey, will you please help me?

I wonder if anything like this happened to you...

I have applied for accommodation in May, and I have recently become Unconditional firm this week. On myEd, so far the status of my application was "no student record could be found" and I asked the university about it, and they said that my UF has not been processed yet. But now I have "You have either not applied for, or rejected your offer of accommodation."!!! Do you think I should still wait till they "process" it or I should write them? It's weekend, so I guess it's no use writing them now, only probably on Monday, I just wanted your opinion...
Reply 596
CC1... Chancellors Court for me... :biggrin:
Reply 597
I have a quick question:
can anyone tell me what the twin/bunk rooms are like? How large are they? Is there enough space for 2 people to study in them? If anyone has any pictures of one I would be really grateful :biggrin:
Reply 598
Hey, I just recieved and then went ahead and confirmed my accommodation offer: Sciennes 2, Flat 7, Room 2, Sciennes 30. Any other takers?

PS: I also applied to WPC and WPR; I'm rather annoyed that they didn't tell us they were going to be PG only, I was very surprised with my offer, until I saw what you guys had written :s
Reply 599
Hmm, I've got Sciennes 1, my 2nd choice.
New Arthur Place was my 1st choice though. =/

Latest

Trending

Trending