The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh Law 2024

Helloo,
Was just wondering if anyone had an offer from Edinburgh for Law LLB, or equally if they knew when Edinburgh is aiming to have law offers out by

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cyb3rspace
Helloo,
Was just wondering if anyone had an offer from Edinburgh for Law LLB, or equally if they knew when Edinburgh is aiming to have law offers out by

Just today mine came through (am plus flag eligible though). They seem to have finally creaked into action
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by siuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Just today mine came through (am plus flag eligible though). They seem to have finally creaked into action

Hellooo!! Congrats on your offer, is there any conditions?!
Could I also be nosey and ask what time it came through?
Reply 3
I'm a first year law student so was applying last year, I just checked and I received my Edinburgh offer a year ago today (23 March 2023) - bear in mind that was a Friday, I'd imagine they won't be confirming offers on the weekend this year!

Edinburgh is known for being a little late with their offers, but definitely count yourself lucky compared to St Andrews applicants who often wait until right before the deadlines! Best of luck with your application :biggrin:
Got my offer for LLB Global Law at Edinburgh last Thursday (the 21st) if that helps. As said previously, I think they’re just beginning to give their decisions now
Helloo,

I received an unconditional offer for law at Edinburgh on the 27th of March (Wednesday) so I'm assuming end of March and start of April?
Helloo,

I received an unconditional offer for law at Edinburgh on the 27th of March (Wednesday) so I'm assuming they'll all be out by end of April
Reply 7
Original post by Divine133
I received an unconditional offer for law at Edinburgh on the 27th of March (Wednesday) so I'm assuming they'll all be out by end of April

Congrats on your offer!!! Are you contextual?
Congrats on your offer!!! Are you contextual?

Thank you! Yeah I'm contextual and I think that helped a lot but I was told my personal statement was really strong too
Reply 9
Original post by Divine133
Thank you! Yeah I'm contextual and I think that helped a lot but I was told my personal statement was really strong too

There goes my ‘contextual offers are being given later’ theory 😭
There goes my ‘contextual offers are being given later’ theory 😭

Hiya,

I wouldn't worry too much about trying to reason with their systems, as I received an offer in December while a friend of mine just received a rejection a couple weeks ago. Both of us are Scottish applicant so it seems as though UoE is just making it up as they go as there doesn't seem to be any logic or order to their system. Remember, law is one of the most competitive degrees out there! I imagine this year it's very difficult for admissions to decide between conditional and unconditional offers, especially a Uni as big and popular as Edinburgh.

Best of luck! Hope you aren't stressing.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hiya,
I wouldn't worry too much about trying to reason with their systems, as I received an offer in December while a friend of mine just received a rejection a couple weeks ago. Both of us are Scottish applicant so it seems as though UoE is just making it up as they go as there doesn't seem to be any logic or order to their system. Remember, law is one of the most competitive degrees out there! I imagine this year it's very difficult for admissions to decide between conditional and unconditional offers, especially a Uni as big and popular as Edinburgh.

Definitely stressing, but you are right there’s no point in reasoning with their rigorous system, my time will come!!!
Thank you 🫶🫶 && well done on your offer
Scottish students who are not contextual need to steal themselves. Last year no offers were given to non contexualised Scottish students for law! It has nothing to do with abilities Im afraid and everything to do with Scottish governments politics of bridging equality gaps. It is an unfortunate state of affairs and caused alot of debate.
Original post by kaipahead
Scottish students who are not contextual need to steal themselves. Last year no offers were given to non contexualised Scottish students for law! It has nothing to do with abilities Im afraid and everything to do with Scottish governments politics of bridging equality gaps. It is an unfortunate state of affairs and caused alot of debate.

Heard that someone from a private school in Glasgow got an unconditional for law with Spanish in Edinburgh. So don’t lose hope just yet!
My daughter got an unconditional for Scots Law this afternoon from Edinburgh Uni. Home student, non-contextual, 5As at higher so there is hope!
Reply 15
Original post by kaipahead

As a current first year student I can’t see this being the case that no non-contextual offers were given to Scottish applicants while our cohort is very diverse and we come from varied backgrounds, there are definitely a number of more well-off Scottish students on the course who I know to be from affluent areas, meaning they’d be unlikely to receive a contextual! Have you seen any statistics to back this up?
Reply 16
Original post by rwnsl
As a current first year student I can’t see this being the case that no non-contextual offers were given to Scottish applicants while our cohort is very diverse and we come from varied backgrounds, there are definitely a number of more well-off Scottish students on the course who I know to be from affluent areas, meaning they’d be unlikely to receive a contextual! Have you seen any statistics to back this up?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/01/04/snp-access-middle-class-students-less-likely-law-school/#:~:text=Data%20from%20the%20University%20of,the%202022%2D23%20academic%20year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-64247475
Reply 17

Ah okay, these stats are for applicants for the 2022/23 academic year (current second year students) rather than the 2023/24 academic year (current first year students), hence it not reflecting my cohort! Sorry, maybe I misread the previous comments

But yep as I say, there are definitely non-contextual offers being given out for Scottish students now at least as seen above! Good luck to all those still waiting 😁
Reply 18
Original post by rwnsl
Ah okay, these stats are for applicants for the 2022/23 academic year (current second year students) rather than the 2023/24 academic year (current first year students), hence it not reflecting my cohort! Sorry, maybe I misread the previous comments
But yep as I say, there are definitely non-contextual offers being given out for Scottish students now at least as seen above! Good luck to all those still waiting 😁

Still, edinburgh got in a lot of trouble for having none hence why your year is more diverse, but it doesn’t change the fact that there are extremely limited places for non contextual students. This is true anywhere. It would be much easier for me to get into KCL or LSE than it is to get into Edinburgh/Glasgow, despite these being ranked slightly lower for law.
Original post by Anonymous
Hiya,

Hello! If u don’t mind me asking was your friend rejected for law or for another course?xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending