The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Official University of Edinburgh Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten an offer from University of Edinburgh for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels/other qualifications you are taking and the course you applied for!! :smile:

Joining University Connect by TSR is another great way to meet people who have applied to the same course as you! The link is here - make your connections now!! :heart:

Click here to join other university offer holder threads!
(edited 4 days ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi. Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science, Chemistry, EPQ and predicted 5 A*s. Received an offer a month ago to get 3 a stars in three subjects but one of them has to be Maths. No EPQ requirement and if none of my universities ask for it, I'm 100% dropping it, if I haven't progressed with it as far in December.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Hii got an offer for CS & physics last week, anyone the same?
Reply 3
Original post by rose.clm
Hii got an offer for CS & physics last week, anyone the same?

Congrats! We might be in the same classes (if they put CS and Physics in the same classes as just pure CS and I actually end up going to Edinburgh).

Bet you're happy with the offer...where else have you applied?
Hi there, I got an offer for biological sciences (biochemistry) a few weeks ago. I’m studying biology, chemistry, french and history, and really like the look of Edinburgh because I could take french courses in the first year!
Original post by vnayak
Congrats! We might be in the same classes (if they put CS and Physics in the same classes as just pure CS and I actually end up going to Edinburgh).

Bet you're happy with the offer...where else have you applied?

Congrats to you too!!! I went with Oxford (unlikely after my MAT..), Glasgow and St Andrews for pure CS and Durham for Natural Sciences (where I'd pick CS, Physics and either Economics or Philosophy)!

Where did you apply?
Reply 6
Congrats to you too!!! I went with Oxford (unlikely after my MAT..), Glasgow and St Andrews for pure CS and Durham for Natural Sciences (where I'd pick CS, Physics and either Economics or Philosophy)!

Where did you apply?

I applied to pure CS at Cambridge (unlikely after my TMUA - The questions were extremely easy but for the first paper, I ran out time transferring my answers across from my question paper to my answer sheet which is what they mark so I have some answers down but I don't think it's good enough for interview but 🤞🤞)

Imperial - Smashed the admissions test and have an interview invite in 16 days

Durham - Waiting for result

Edinburgh, Manchester - Offers from both a week into sending my application in (3 A*s in both cases 😭🤯)

I do Maths, Further Maths, CS and Chem.
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten an offer from University of Edinburgh for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels/subjects from other qualifications you are taking and the subject you want to study at uni!! :smile:

Hi there! American, English Literature w Film Studies classes, but I might switch to just Film Studies. Anyone else taking Lit and Film?
Reply 8

Where did you apply?

That’s so weird, we picked the exact same 5 unis, I applied for pure cs for all, have you also received 3 offers so far then
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten an offer from University of Edinburgh for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels/subjects from other qualifications you are taking and the subject you want to study at uni!! :smile:

I received my Computer Science G400 offer yesterday (ABB)
This is my third so far, alongside Bath and Durham.
Waiting on Oxford and St Andrews.
Congrats to everyone who has an offer :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Codior
That’s so weird, we picked the exact same 5 unis, I applied for pure cs for all, have you also received 3 offers so far then

I did the same (for CompSci) except I chose Bath instead of Glasgow
Reply 11
I received an offer for Electronics and Computer Science on 31st October - A*AA.
I'm taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Comp Sci, EPQ - Pred 5A*
very excited
Original post by benji_w
I received an offer for Electronics and Computer Science on 31st October - A*AA.
very excited

We could be in the same CS classes (that is provided I don't get an offer from my higher universities). We do literally the same things but I am Chemistry over Physics (big mistake in hindsight but I don't mind putting the work in for it).

Also, I got CS offer for 3 A*s and Idk whether we will be in the same classes since you are Electronics and CS and I am pure CS.
Original post by benji_w
very excited

Congrats!
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous #1
We could be in the same CS classes (that is provided I don't get an offer from my higher universities). We do literally the same things but I am Chemistry over Physics (big mistake in hindsight but I don't mind putting the work in for it).

Also, I got CS offer for 3 A*s and Idk whether we will be in the same classes since you are Electronics and CS and I am pure CS.

Yeah! I'm still waiting on Warwick, Imperial (got an interview coming up) and Cambridge (bombed the ENGAA, not happening lol).

Electronics and CS is a weird one in that you can't go straight into second year like regular CS so we may not be in the same classes. Could be though! I believe a lot of the modules are the same.
Original post by benji_w
Yeah! I'm still waiting on Warwick, Imperial (got an interview coming up) and Cambridge (bombed the ENGAA, not happening lol).

Electronics and CS is a weird one in that you can't go straight into second year like regular CS so we may not be in the same classes. Could be though! I believe a lot of the modules are the same.

I'm waiting on Durham and Imperial. Interview for Imperial in 11 days on the 29th.
Original post by Codior

No, only heard back from edi so far! Where else have u heard from?
Original post by squiddy135
Hi there, I got an offer for biological sciences (biochemistry) a few weeks ago. I’m studying biology, chemistry, french and history, and really like the look of Edinburgh because I could take french courses in the first year!

Well done! What are your predicted grades?
Original post by Anonymous #2
Well done! What are your predicted grades?

Thanks! I’m predicted A*A*A*A* but my offer is A*AA
Reply 19
Hey!
Last week I got an offer to study Biomedical science at Edinburgh, it was a contextual offer of ABB for my A-level grades (I'm a RUK applicant)
I study Biology, Chemistry and Maths at A level
I did an Epq (got A*) and RS AS level (got B) in year 12
My predicted grades are A*AA
Hope to hear of some more people with offers who I might share classes with 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending