The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
hunagdi
My accomodation is single room, and provided there is a window (which I assume there is) there is nothing stop me from having a quick fag.

I sincerely hope none of my flatmates have this attitude... Smoking out the window still gets the smell of smoke into things, and I don't really want to be wandering around smelling cigarettes the whole time in what's going to be my home for the year.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 781
daeonica
I sincerely hope none of my flatmates have this attitude... Smoking out the window still gets the smell of smoke into things, and I don't really want to be wandering around smelling cigarettes the whole time in what's going to be my home for the year.

Same!!

Sciennes 2 Flat 4!!!!! haha damn!! lol:smile:
Reply 782
daeonica

I was just being hypothetical. I smoke a pipe, which smell nice.
Reply 783
I'm in 3 Kincaids Court, Flat 12. :smile:
Kate29
I'm in 3 Kincaids Court, Flat 12. :smile:

I'm in flat 5. :wave:
Reply 785
Roarbrown
I'm in Flat 1! so no doubt I'll run into you some day.

And I wish there was some better way of finding my flat mates. Stirling uni has a connect thing where it gives you details to flat mates if they agree to give them out. Edinburgh should do that!

I know what you mean, it'd be good to be able to contact them before moving in so we don't end up with like 5 irons.
megan____
I know what you mean, it'd be good to be able to contact them before moving in so we don't end up with like 5 irons.

The way around it is don't buy anything until you get there as yes, otherwise you will end up with 5 tin openers. I bought 2 plates/2 bowls/mugs/saucepan and some knives/forks etc and that was about it.... I still don't really own anything awfully kitchen esque and I've manged to graduate! Nor do I own an iron (not that I've used one), clothes drying horse, television, toastie maker, toaster, kettle... or a million and one other things!

Honestly, at least one person you live with will arrive with a fully equiped kitchen and life which you can just borrow (providing they're normal/nice) or at the very least if you wait till you've arrive you can make sure you aren't wasting money on things you don't need.
Reply 787
looking for flatmates:
Flat 7 Room 3, 30 Sciennes
Sciennes, Edinburgh EH9 1NJ
Reply 788
sami4132
Hey, I just recieved and then went ahead and confirmed my accommodation offer: Sciennes 2, Flat 7, Room 2, Sciennes 30. Any other takers?

PS: I also applied to WPC and WPR; I'm rather annoyed that they didn't tell us they were going to be PG only, I was very surprised with my offer, until I saw what you guys had written :s

mine is the same xD i'm in room 3
Reply 789
hunagdi
I was just being hypothetical. I smoke a pipe, which smell nice.

If you're in Uni accommodation, don't smoke. The fines are steep, and they can be very petty about enforcing them.
At Edinburgh do you have to completely empty your room of possessions during the holidays or can you leave your room as it is? At most of the unis I visited you had to take everything with you or store it under the bed in a lockable space, but I'm not sure about Edinburgh.

I'm sorry if this has already been asked :smile:.
Reply 791
Emmie3303
At Edinburgh do you have to completely empty your room of possessions during the holidays or can you leave your room as it is? At most of the unis I visited you had to take everything with you or store it under the bed in a lockable space, but I'm not sure about Edinburgh.

I'm sorry if this has already been asked :smile:.

In all accommodation, you can leave your room as it is over the Christmas holidays. Some of the catered rooms require you to move out over Easter, or pay more to keep your stuff in the room. I think all of the self-catering rooms allow you to keep your stuff over Easter.
NeoNerd
In all accommodation, you can leave your room as it is over the Christmas holidays. Some of the catered rooms require you to move out over Easter, or pay more to keep your stuff in the room. I think all of the self-catering rooms allow you to keep your stuff over Easter.

Do you have to move out over the Easter holidays? Cos I was hoping to do a insight week at a company there.
xRoseberryx
Do you have to move out over the Easter holidays? Cos I was hoping to do a insight week at a company there.

You only have to move out at Easter if you're in Pollock (or pay more money to keep your room) if you have a flat, which I think you do, then you're cool and your contract is until June. At Christmas, as has been said, everyone can keep their stuff in their room.
hunagdi
My accomodation is single room, and provided there is a window (which I assume there is) there is nothing stop me from having a quick fag.

Your tenancy agreement does. I can assure you that if I had the misfortune to wind up with you as my flatmate I would go out of my way to have accommodation services fine you for all they could and there are plenty of other people who feel the same way.
Reply 795
nearlyheadlessian
Your tenancy agreement does. I can assure you that if I had the misfortune to wind up with you as my flatmate I would go out of my way to have accommodation services fine you for all they could and there are plenty of other people who feel the same way.

I was merely being hypothetical, as I stated before, and the latter part of your post is ********. You, who has assumed the duty as a PS helper on TSR, obviously has a predisposition towards regulating the **** out of anything simply because you can.
Reply 796
Hi there!

I've just applied for uni accommodation and I was wondering whether you are allowed to have visitors coming over to sleep at your place and if it is possibile to get food for visitors in catered halls. Do you know anything about this? I could not find any answers on the offical page.

Thanks a lot!
Reply 797
Block 4 Kincaid's Court, Flat 9, Room 5.

I'm jealous of everyone finding their flatmates on here already. Mine is a 12 person flat so you'd THINK that I'd be more likely to have one... but nooo nooo nooo. Sode's joder law.

Any Kincaid's smokers? I need stupid o'clock smoking buddies XD
hunagdi
I was merely being hypothetical, as I stated before, and the latter part of your post is ********. You, who has assumed the duty as a PS helper on TSR, obviously has a predisposition towards regulating the **** out of anything simply because you can.

Actually, you stated quite clearly that if you had a single room with a window, nothing would stop you from smoking, which obviously implies that you would be smoking; that was not being hypothetical.

Nothing about Ian's post was BS. I know I'd do the same, as would.....all of my uni friends, actually. Personally, I'm allergic to cigarette smoke, and it gives me asthma attacks. If you were to smoke in your flat, that'd be a serious health risk to me. It's the same for a lot of people, and the tenancy agreements forbid smoking for a reason.
Asymptote
Block 4 Kincaid's Court, Flat 9, Room 5.

I'm jealous of everyone finding their flatmates on here already. Mine is a 12 person flat so you'd THINK that I'd be more likely to have one... but nooo nooo nooo. Sode's joder law.

Any Kincaid's smokers? I need stupid o'clock smoking buddies XD

:wavey:

Latest

Trending

Trending