The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi all, just wanted to wish everyone good luck in getting into their halls of choice in September. If you're in Durdham, I'll be seeing you around :smile:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Don't the geographers go on some field trip the week before uni starts?? Or does everyone just have to be there on the 2nd??
Reply 22
I'm unconditional cos Im on a gap year (would be a bit harsh to send me back to school).

Applied to Wills (see my poll thingy - its awesome).

In reference to Ciara's signature as well (just to jump on the band wagon) I have to say that short girls are better because 1) tall girls (taller than me) are scary and 2) well actually theres only 1, but still i think short girls are better. so there.

Now I just ahve to sit back and wait for Wills to reject my application, look out for my distraught posts on this forum in september :smile:

Haz
Reply 23
All my exams are finished now which is a massive relief. All the papers were pretty good and could have been a lot lot worse so i'm hopeful. I should make my offer (ABB) - all have to do is match my performance from last year's exams ... and with my courseworks already behind me i am quietly confident.

I've just gotta sort out this accommodation application now which i really don't want to do. Tbh, after all those exams and all the worrying about whether i've got the grades to even get into Bristol i'm really not bothered where exactly i have to live. I just want to go to Bristol - end of.
Reply 24
Gexko

In reference to Ciara's signature as well (just to jump on the band wagon) I have to say that short girls are better because 1) tall girls (taller than me) are scary and 2) well actually theres only 1, but still i think short girls are better. so there.

No way, I think short girls are much scarier...you can't see where they are in a crowd...suspicious if you ask me.

And of course you find tall girls scary, people are always scared of the best! :p: :wink:

On a Bristolian note, I have sooo not got the grades!

Cxx
Reply 25
ciara
No way, I think short girls are much scarier...you can't see where they are in a crowd...suspicious if you ask me.

And of course you find tall girls scary, people are always scared of the best! :p: :wink:

On a Bristolian note, I have sooo not got the grades!

Cxx

Ok, well how about you're all bloody scary but tall girls because of their height?
short girls (such as me teehee) do rule because we are easier to pick up and run off with. but tall girls can look leggy and beautiful which is always an advantage.
i will hopefully be seeing all you guys in october - ive applied to CHH, which was really nice, i went up 2 look around. my mum went there 2 lol! so *no pressure* or anything to apply there, but truly it was really nice. my boyfriend is also coming to bristol and he is doing physics and also applying to CHH. seems like a LOT of people have applied lol.
but yeah, anybody who applied and hasnt seen it, the rooms and stuff are nice, the reception people seem nice, its all....pretty nice. i just couldnt be arsed with the humongous walk from stoke bishop etc. im just 2 damned lazy!
see you all there then
xx
AAB (at least B in Maths) for Computer Systems Engineering (I have yet to find anyone else who does this course, there are only 20 places) and I will be joining all you guys! Should be muchos funnos!
Reply 28
just wondering how long everybodys accomodation statement was. I think mine may be a bit long, 25 lines.......i really dont want to bore the warden when he reads about my whole life story :smile:
Reply 29
Mine filled up the whole of the allocated space on the form (in the neatest and smallest handwriting possible!) so that must've been quite a lot. I can't really remember what I put on it now, but I'm not applying for a really competitive hall so I wasn't too worried about it (I went for Hiatt Baker). Reeeeally hope I get the grades now :s: If I do, I'll be doing English lit.
Reply 30
i found my statement quite a chore, seeing as it couldn't be academic related. I play a few sports occasionally but putting "i like to hang out with mates" or "i like playing computer games" diddn't seem like good things to put!

so i mentioned some the the societies bristol has that i liked the sound of, like the hot air balloon one.
Reply 31
Mine was crammmed right in. I tip-exed out the bottom bit about if it was a parent/guardian filling it in, and wrote right up to the bottom, in pretty small handwriting. Oops! I've applied for Durdham, probably won't get in, but oh well, I just want to be in Bristol tbh!

Where did everyone else finally decide on?

I've just sent mine off, and my god, that was the most complicated form I've ever filled in. Not just the statement, but the things you had to put in and where to staple things and argghhh!
Reply 32
Sian01
Mine was crammmed right in. I tip-exed out the bottom bit about if it was a parent/guardian filling it in, and wrote right up to the bottom, in pretty small handwriting. Oops! I've applied for Durdham, probably won't get in, but oh well, I just want to be in Bristol tbh!

Being as my hand-writing is so embarrassing, i decided to type mine, print it and glue it on. Turned out to be a good idea as i could fit more on. I wrote about 450 words... I did apply to Wills afterall but i totally expect to be dumped in either Badock or Hiatt Baker... which is fine by me.
Reply 33
Sian01
Mine was crammmed right in. I tip-exed out the bottom bit about if it was a parent/guardian filling it in, and wrote right up to the bottom, in pretty small handwriting. Oops!

Lol.

I think mine filled most of the space.

Applied for Wills.

Said i would share with a mate of mine who's also applyign there if they want us. Am now starting to think i may have made a terrible mistake.

Oh well. If i kill him in the first few weeks they say they'll give me my own room (probably in prison).
Reply 34
You've all wrote so much for your ps, I didn't write as much as that :frown: :hmpf:
Mine sounded so naff, so I just wrote anything and sent it off ages ago to get it out of the way.

Plus your all applying to CHH, stop it! I want to go there! :wink:
I will just have to pray that I get the grades and into CHH :argh:
Reply 35
Little Girl Red
short girls (such as me teehee) do rule because we are easier to pick up and run off with.

You're right. I was wrong ever to doubt that that was the case :smile:
Reply 36
solitaire
You've all wrote so much for your ps, I didn't write as much as that :frown: :hmpf:
Mine sounded so naff, so I just wrote anything and sent it off ages ago to get it out of the way.

Plus your all applying to CHH, stop it! I want to go there! :wink:
I will just have to pray that I get the grades and into CHH :argh:

Don't worry I've applied to wills and will probably end up in a cardboard box somewhere behind the uni building when i get rejected...
Reply 37
Gexko
Don't worry I've applied to wills and will probably end up in a cardboard box somewhere behind the uni building when i get rejected...

lol :biggrin:
Reply 38
Gexko

is there room for one more :smile: .....i'm bound to be homeless when wills rejects me (sent my application off last friday :redface: )
Reply 39
it seems like loads of applied to CHH from tsr, according to the stats we were shown it has about as many places as it has applications...

Well, all i can do is hope for the best :smile:

I need ABB for my course.

I will be very annoyed if i don't achieve that.

Latest

Trending

Trending