The Student Room Group

TSR Game Bargains Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
This sale has made me boot up my PC. There's not much in the THQ pack that interests me, but for that price, no doubt there will be a few games in there to keep me occupied long enough to make it more than worth it!
And I've not even looked at the rest of the sale yet. Glad it's pay day Tuesday.
Reply 101
I get the feeling I may start to regret this. It's probably what I need to get back into PC gaming properly...but this does also mean a lot of time and money disappearing.
Reply 102
hobo06
I get the feeling I may start to regret this. It's probably what I need to get back into PC gaming properly...but this does also mean a lot of time and money disappearing.

To be fair, I doubt you'll have as little willpower as I had in the Christmas sale :o: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=23021766&postcount=253
Reply 103
Dalimyr
To be fair, I doubt you'll have as little willpower as I had in the Christmas sale :o: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=23021766&postcount=253

Ouch! No I don't think I'll be going that far :p:
Reply 104
Today: 66% off Hearts of Iron, £5 City of Heroes, Force Unleashed £5, Half Life £4, Zeno Clash £2.81, SupCom2 £8.49, Audiosurf £1.50, Company of Heroes Complete £15, L4D2 £6.80

My recommendations from that lot would be Zeno Clash and Audiosurf, tbh.
Reply 105
I was hoping L4D2 would come up later in the sale, as it's on my "maybe if reduced considerably" list :ninja: Especially as I haven't touched L4D in quite a while, I'll have a think about it overnight, but I might end up giving that a miss for now and maybe it'll be included in a final day rehash and I'll know where I stand financially by then.
Dalimyr
I was hoping L4D2 would come up later in the sale, as it's on my "maybe if reduced considerably" list :ninja: Especially as I haven't touched L4D in quite a while, I'll have a think about it overnight, but I might end up giving that a miss for now and maybe it'll be included in a final day rehash and I'll know where I stand financially by then.

estel
Today: 66% off Hearts of Iron, £5 City of Heroes, Force Unleashed £5, Half Life £4, Zeno Clash £2.81, SupCom2 £8.49, Audiosurf £1.50, Company of Heroes Complete £15, L4D2 £6.80

My recommendations from that lot would be Zeno Clash and Audiosurf, tbh.

What's the word on the street about Force Unleashed? Looks decent, but I've heard that it's a dodgy port. Though for just £5...?
I can't speak for the port, but it's awesome on 360.
Reply 109
The port is genuinely the worst I've ever played, but the game itself is more than passable.
Reply 110
Today's games

90% off
EVE Online: Tyrannis - £1.49

80% off
Half Life - £1.19

75% off
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - £3.49
Max Payne Bundle (contains Max Payne and Max Payne 2) - £2.49
Flotilla - £1.75
All Civilization IV games (the site says Civilization, but it's only Civ IV and its expansions included in this sale - III and V are still only 25% off each) - £varies

50% off
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Gold Edition (contains Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II and Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Chaos Rising) - £19.99
SO many bargains :love:

Got my eye on lots, but especially the Introversion Complete Pack for a fiver. I really wanted to buy Darwinia but neither of my old computers could cope with the demo. I also really wanna see what's all the fuss is about with Defcon.
Dalimyr
Today's games

90% off
EVE Online: Tyrannis - £1.49

80% off
Half Life - £1.19

75% off
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - £3.49
Max Payne Bundle (contains Max Payne and Max Payne 2) - £2.49
Flotilla - £1.75
All Civilization IV games (the site says Civilization, but it's only Civ IV and its expansions included in this sale - III and V are still only 25% off each) - £varies

50% off
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Gold Edition (contains Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II and Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Chaos Rising) - £19.99

The Max Payne bundle, especially MP2, is an absolutely essential play. They're both up there in my best games of all time; I've lost count of how many times I've played through the two of them - in fact, I'm on another MP1 playthrough at the moment.

Civ IV is totes awesome.

DoW II is pretty cool.
Reply 113
I am very tempted by Max Payne, particularly at that price.
As for Dawn of War II, anyone looking at that should consider the THQ pack for only £6.50 more. You get Dawn of War I and II, the add ons, and a load of other games. There's bound to be something in there to make that extra £6.50 worth it.
Reply 114
Today's offerings

85% off
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - £3.30

75% off
Oddworld Pack (contains Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee and Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus) - £2.00
Order of War: Challenge - £1.99

66% off
Order of War - £10.20
King Arthur: The Roleplaying Wargame - £10.20
Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack - £8.50
All Europa Universalis - £varies

50% off
DogFighter - £5.99

Bit of a naff selection today, with one of the highlights being one of the cheapest things there - the Oddworld games.
In the name of all that is good with the world, if you do not own it, buy Tales of Monkey Island. Do it now.
How on Earth is Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising already down to £3?! It's only about a year old, and I swear people were saying it was going to be a groundbreaking game. I guess not... Anyone played it?
Reply 117
Chocothunder
How on Earth is Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising already down to £3?! It's only about a year old, and I swear people were saying it was going to be a groundbreaking game. I guess not... Anyone played it?

I got it a while back. I'll refrain from commenting on it too much as I've never played ArmA (which I've heard is better), but Dragon Rising's still quite decent. Definitely worth it for just £3, anyway :smile:
Dalimyr
I got it a while back. I'll refrain from commenting on it too much as I've never played ArmA (which I've heard is better), but Dragon Rising's still quite decent. Definitely worth it for just £3, anyway :smile:

Have you played America's Army 2? I downloaded it when it first game out, and despite being the worst, buggiest, and laggiest game release I've ever seen, it was actually quite a good game, as I quite liked the realism factor, so I think I'd enjoy Operation Flashpoint too. :smile: For £3 it can't go too badly wrong.
Reply 119
And today's...

75% off
Street Fighter IV - £7.49
Grand Theft Auto IV - £4.99
Numen: Contest of Heroes - £4.24
Commandos Collection (contains Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines, Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty, Commandos 2: Men of Courage and Commandos 3: Destination Berlin) - £3.00
X-COM: Complete Pack (contains X-COM: UFO Defense, X-COM: Terror From The Deep, X-COM: Apocalypse, X-COM: Interceptor and X-COM: Enforcer) - £2.24
Osmos - £1.74

66% off
Team Fortress 2 - £4.75

50% off
ArmA II - £12.49

Much better collection today. I'm a little saddened that ArmA II isn't a bit cheaper, as I might have bought it then, but I'm going to resist and score it off my list for now, and perhaps in the next sale I'll have more money or it'll dip below £10...but GTA4, 4 Commandos games and 5 X-COM games (albeit including the dire X-COM: Enforcer) combined costing just £10.23, that's absolutely fantastic :biggrin:
Osmos is a decent game as well (though the music for it is pretty weird)

Fortunately for my bank account, I already own GTA4, the X-COMs, TF2 and Osmos. Numen doesn't interest me, Street Fighter IV and ArmA II are perhaps a little bit more expensive than I'd like at the minute, so it's just the Commandos pack that I'm buying today :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest