The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Year 10:
Biology: 29/34
Physics: 32/34

Year 11:
Biology: 31/34
Physics: 33/34

Why, are you going to be doing an ISA test soon, OP?
Reply 2
Biology- A*
Physics- A - one mark off A*
Chemistry- B/A (not really sure,she never told me)

Ended up with A* in Physics and Biology overall,A in Chemistry.
Hmml
Chemistry: 40
Physics: 38 (I think...)
Biology: 36
A in Physics
B in Biology (FAIL)
B in Chemistry (FAIL)

Though, still doing my GCSE's so maybe i can move up a grade...
Reply 5
B in all of them.
Reply 6
A* in all three (90 in Physics and Biology and 100 in Chemistry).
Reply 7
Iepnauy
Just a question about ISAs. I'm doing triple Science. Do they take the best mark from each Unit? Or Each subject e.g. Best result from Biology or Physics or Chemistry?

They take the best mark from the ISAs in each science. So if in Biology you did 3 ISAs (as usual) and you got A,A* and a B then they would put forward the A* as it is the highest grade.
Reply 8
Physics - 100 - A*
Biology - 100 - A*
Chemistry - 93 - A*
Reply 9
heyy, if anyone could help could help? I've got a biology isa coming up and i need help with it as im not that good at isa's. The question is :An experiment to determine how the size of an agar cylinder affects the time it takes for hydrochloric acid to completely diffuse through it? It would be great if anyone could help me with this, or if youi have already done it tell me what to expect?

Reply 10
heyy, if anyone could help could help? I've got a biology isa coming up and i need help with it as im not that good at isa's. The question is :An experiment to determine how the size of an agar cylinder affects the time it takes for hydrochloric acid to completely diffuse through it? It would be great if anyone could help me with this, or if youi have already done it tell me what to expect?

email me please (on my 'the student room email') . thnx
Reply 11
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 12
Alphabea
Ive done one biology ISA so far I got 31/34
Does anyone know which grade this equates to and roughly what UMS mark it is?
Thanks

I'm pretty sure that's an A*, and based on my school's marks, that's a 95, although those marks were out of 40, as there were 6 marks for the practical, so I've based that on 37/40, as I'm sure that if you did the practical you'll have got 6, and if you didn't do it then I don't think it'll make any difference, if that makes sense. :smile:
Reply 13
I've only gone a biology one so far, I got 31/34
Just did my Physics and Chemistry one this week, so I'll be getting my results later on
Reply 14
I got 31/34 on the ISA and 6 marks on the practical in the physics ISA, anyone know if this will be an A* or A?
Reply 15
elleOx
I got 31/34 on the ISA and 6 marks on the practical in the physics ISA, anyone know if this will be an A* or A?

I'm really sure thats an A*
Reply 16
RATM33
I'm really sure thats an A*

Thankyou:smile:!
Reply 17
sid70
I'm pretty sure that's an A*, and based on my school's marks, that's a 95, although those marks were out of 40, as there were 6 marks for the practical, so I've based that on 37/40, as I'm sure that if you did the practical you'll have got 6, and if you didn't do it then I don't think it'll make any difference, if that makes sense. :smile:

Thanks, yes I got 6 for the practical too (didn't realise that was part of it)
I also made a mistake I got 32/34 so thats 38/40. Have any idea what that equates to in UMS?
thanks again
Reply 18
Alphabea
Thanks, yes I got 6 for the practical too (didn't realise that was part of it)
I also made a mistake I got 32/34 so thats 38/40. Have any idea what that equates to in UMS?
thanks again

38/40 was 100 in all the ISAs I did, so well done. :smile:
sid70
38/40 was 100 in all the ISAs I did, so well done. :smile:

Can I ask when you did the ISAs because every year i've realised that there is a trend that increases by 1 mark every year. I'm guessing that this year the boundary mark for an A* will be 38/40 because last year the bench mark for an A* was 37/40. That would mean that 38/40 is 90 UMS or possibly higher but i'm pretty certain that it is an A*. I think the only way someone can insure they achieve 100 UMS is by getting 40/40.

Latest