Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE ISA's for Chemistry, Physics and Biology watch

ReputationRep:
    If you have, done your GCSE Chemistry, Physics or Biologys ISAS, and have got your result please post here what they were. Even if you did you ISAS 4 years ago, post your result in this format:
    Chemistry: (Whatevery u got)
    Physics: (Whatever you got)
    Bilogy: (Whatever you got)

ReputationRep:
    Year 10:
    Biology: 29/34
    Physics: 32/34

Year 11:
    Biology: 31/34
    Physics: 33/34

Why, are you going to be doing an ISA test soon, OP?

ReputationRep:
    Biology- A*
    Physics- A - one mark off A*
    Chemistry- B/A (not really sure,she never told me)

Ended up with A* in Physics and Biology overall,A in Chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    Hmml
    Chemistry: 40
    Physics: 38 (I think...)
    Biology: 36

ReputationRep:
    A in Physics
    B in Biology (FAIL)
    B in Chemistry (FAIL)

Though, still doing my GCSE's so maybe i can move up a grade...

ReputationRep:
    B in all of them.

ReputationRep:
    A* in all three (90 in Physics and Biology and 100 in Chemistry).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iepnauy)
    Just a question about ISAs. I'm doing triple Science. Do they take the best mark from each Unit? Or Each subject e.g. Best result from Biology or Physics or Chemistry?
    They take the best mark from the ISAs in each science. So if in Biology you did 3 ISAs (as usual) and you got A,A* and a B then they would put forward the A* as it is the highest grade.

ReputationRep:
    Physics - 100 - A*
    Biology - 100 - A*
    Chemistry - 93 - A*

ReputationRep:
    heyy, if anyone could help could help? I've got a biology isa coming up and i need help with it as im not that good at isa's. The question is :An experiment to determine how the size of an agar cylinder affects the time it takes for hydrochloric acid to completely diffuse through it? It would be great if anyone could help me with this, or if youi have already done it tell me what to expect?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    heyy, if anyone could help could help? I've got a biology isa coming up and i need help with it as im not that good at isa's. The question is :An experiment to determine how the size of an agar cylinder affects the time it takes for hydrochloric acid to completely diffuse through it? It would be great if anyone could help me with this, or if youi have already done it tell me what to expect?

email me please (on my 'the student room email') . thnx

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alphabea)
    Ive done one biology ISA so far I got 31/34
    Does anyone know which grade this equates to and roughly what UMS mark it is?
    Thanks
    I'm pretty sure that's an A*, and based on my school's marks, that's a 95, although those marks were out of 40, as there were 6 marks for the practical, so I've based that on 37/40, as I'm sure that if you did the practical you'll have got 6, and if you didn't do it then I don't think it'll make any difference, if that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    I've only gone a biology one so far, I got 31/34
    Just did my Physics and Chemistry one this week, so I'll be getting my results later on

ReputationRep:
    I got 31/34 on the ISA and 6 marks on the practical in the physics ISA, anyone know if this will be an A* or A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elleOx)
    I got 31/34 on the ISA and 6 marks on the practical in the physics ISA, anyone know if this will be an A* or A?
    I'm really sure thats an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RATM33)
    I'm really sure thats an A*
    Thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sid70)
    I'm pretty sure that's an A*, and based on my school's marks, that's a 95, although those marks were out of 40, as there were 6 marks for the practical, so I've based that on 37/40, as I'm sure that if you did the practical you'll have got 6, and if you didn't do it then I don't think it'll make any difference, if that makes sense.
    Thanks, yes I got 6 for the practical too (didn't realise that was part of it)
    I also made a mistake I got 32/34 so thats 38/40. Have any idea what that equates to in UMS?
    thanks again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alphabea)
    Thanks, yes I got 6 for the practical too (didn't realise that was part of it)
    I also made a mistake I got 32/34 so thats 38/40. Have any idea what that equates to in UMS?
    thanks again
    38/40 was 100 in all the ISAs I did, so well done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sid70)
    38/40 was 100 in all the ISAs I did, so well done.
    Can I ask when you did the ISAs because every year i've realised that there is a trend that increases by 1 mark every year. I'm guessing that this year the boundary mark for an A* will be 38/40 because last year the bench mark for an A* was 37/40. That would mean that 38/40 is 90 UMS or possibly higher but i'm pretty certain that it is an A*. I think the only way someone can insure they achieve 100 UMS is by getting 40/40.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.