The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Bradford and Huddersfield

Hello!

I've applied for Bradford and Huddersfield, but I've only received an answer from Bradford till now.

I'm thinking of accepting the offer from them for Computer Animation and Special Effects. But I'm still interested in the answer from Huddersfield

I want to hear anything you can tell me about Bradford and Huddersfield. Please mention if you are a student because a student's oppinion helps me more than an outsider's oppinion.

Almost forgot to mention, I'm not from the U.K. so please help me out as much as you can.

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 1
Bump!
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Reply 2
I'm at Huddersfield University in my final year. The Uni varies a lot depending which course you're going to do. I'm not particularly impressed with my course but I know a lot of other students who are. Huddersfield itself is thoroughly 'ok' it has enough things to do to keep you occupied and Leeds and Manchester aren't too far away if you're looking for something a little more exciting. It's pretty multicultural which is nice, the locals can be a bit...weird tho. But I've enjoyed my 3 years here, hope this helps (Sorry I know nothing about Bradford!!!)
Reply 3
Hi, Bradford is pretty good for the course you've applied to. In terms of the city, it's not exactly got too much going for it if I'm honest! The student nights out are pretty lively and there's plenty of places to eat. The Uni is nice and is currently being refurbished, so there's a new student union and new sport centre which is nice! It's also really cheap to live there. Leeds is realy close (15 mins train) and is much bigger than Bradford and can offer great shopping, restaurants, gigs, drinking etc.

Bradford wouldn't be for everyone, it's a pretty small Uni, but having said that I went for 4 years and we all had a great time. Wouldn't go back and change it :smile:
Reply 4
I also applied at both Bradford & Huddersfield.
Initially I was determined to go to Bradford, after the open day I really believed that was the place for me (this was before I had visited Huddersfield!)
When I did get round to going to Huddersfield, I thought it was brilliant. The people there seemed so much more interested (whether they were or not, I'm unsure), the atmosphere was lovely and the university accomodation is brilliant also.

I suppose it's down to personal opinion, and without visiting both universities you probably won't know which is best for you!
Reply 5
neither sounds amazing fml
Spankie
I'm at Huddersfield University in my final year. The Uni varies a lot depending which course you're going to do. I'm not particularly impressed with my course but I know a lot of other students who are. Huddersfield itself is thoroughly 'ok' it has enough things to do to keep you occupied and Leeds and Manchester aren't too far away if you're looking for something a little more exciting. It's pretty multicultural which is nice, the locals can be a bit...weird tho. But I've enjoyed my 3 years here, hope this helps (Sorry I know nothing about Bradford!!!)

True. I know many Youth Workers and Teachers who have studied at Huddersfield and they really enjoyed their time there and said their courses were great. I've been told that the university has a good reputation for those sort of courses.

If it helps Huddersfield has cheaper rent than places in Leeds.

Latest

Trending

Trending