The Student Room Group

Optometry Applicants 2023

Hi everyone,

Here are some questions I thought we could answer:

What Unis are you hoping to apply to?
What A-levels are you doing?
What are your predicted grades?
Are you applying to anything else apart from Optometry?
Why do you want to study Optometry?
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alishahussain05
Hey guys, anyone applying for Optometry 2023?

Hey I’m applying for 2023 :smile:
Original post by Summerlh05
Hey I’m applying for 2023 :smile:

What universities are you applying for?
What universities are you applying for?

I’m looking at Cardiff and Huddersfield over the next 2 weeks at open days and I’ve also heard bradfords good. Which ones are you looking at?
I’m looking at Cardiff and Huddersfield over the next 2 weeks at open days and I’ve also heard bradfords good. Which ones are you looking at?

I'm looking to apply to Manchester, Aston and Huddersfield so far. What are your predicted grades?
AAB. Are you on track for your grades? Ooo I may see you in Huddersfield then 😂
I'm applying to Optometry this year too!
Original post by JessicaGreen2005
I'm applying to Optometry this year too!

Heyy! Where are you applying too? I went to go and see Cardiff yesterday and it’s so nice :smile:
Reply 8
Heyy, I’m applying to optometry too, atm definetely Cardiff, Bristol and Plymouth but not sure about the rest. Any suggestions? I haven’t been to many open days so not sure
Original post by Koszmia
Heyy, I’m applying to optometry too, atm definetely Cardiff, Bristol and Plymouth but not sure about the rest. Any suggestions? I haven’t been to many open days so not sure

I'm not sure, I've heard Cardiff is number 1 for Optometry, what are your predicted grades?
I'm not sure, I've heard Cardiff is number 1 for Optometry, what are your predicted grades?

My predicted grades are A*A*A. Does anyone know of any unis that may give unconditional offers for optom? also what is everyone’s thoughts on the masters vs the bachelors degree :smile:
Original post by Koszmia

I’ve heard Bradford is really good and I’m going to see Huddersfield Saturday so I will update you on how it is. Do you guys have any experience?
I went to the University of Liverpool for Orthoptics, it was very interesting. How was Huddersfield?
I’ve heard Bradford is really good and I’m going to see Huddersfield Saturday so I will update you on how it is. Do you guys have any experience?

I haven’t actually heard much about Bradford so I’ll have a look at that one. As for experience I did one week of work experience at specsavers and then they offered me a job as an optical assistant so I’ve been working there since :smile:
It I made an optometry students group chat would anyone join it? It might be a bit easier to talk on :smile:
It I made an optometry students group chat would anyone join it? It might be a bit easier to talk on :smile:

Yes, I would :smile:
Should I do instagram, Snapchat or WhatsApp I don’t mind any
Okay mine is Summer_hughesy so if anyone that wants to add me I will add you to a group :smile:
Hi I’m applying for optometry at Manchester, Bradford and Huddersfield. I’m still a bit iffy about Huddersfield because it’s new but as you may be able to tell I want to stay close to home, for my other 2 options I’m thinking either pharmacy of computer science/ software engineering
Okay mine is Summer_hughesy so if anyone that wants to add me I will add you to a group :smile:

Added you x

Quick Reply

Latest