The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Optometry at Aston

What is the reputation of Optometry at Aston? Is it worth it if I go to Aston University for Optometry?

I haven't heard great things about the university.
Original post by Anonymous #1
What is the reputation of Optometry at Aston? Is it worth it if I go to Aston University for Optometry?

I haven't heard great things about the university.

I feel this way about Manchester. What have you heard about Aston?
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by pepperstalk
I feel this way about Manchester. What have you heard about Aston?

I have heard that Aston University is a low-tier uni and people with low- a-level grades get into Aston University. For Optometry the grades are fairly high as you need AAA to get in but Aston Uni in general is a very bad university and not worth going to.

I have heard that Aston University is a low-tier uni and people with low- a-level grades get into Aston University. For Optometry the grades are fairly high as you need AAA to get in but Aston Uni in general is a very bad university and not worth going to.

Oh I see. Yes, Aston as a whole has a 'low ranking' reputation but for optometry it is definitely highly regarded as it was one of the first unis who held this course. And as you said it has high entry requirements because the course has become more competitive over the last few years. What other unis are you thinking of?
Reply 4
Original post by pepperstalk
Oh I see. Yes, Aston as a whole has a 'low ranking' reputation but for optometry it is definitely highly regarded as it was one of the first unis who held this course. And as you said it has high entry requirements because the course has become more competitive over the last few years. What other unis are you thinking of?

I am thinking of Huddersfield, City London, Bradford, Plymouth also Aston. I am not sure which one is the best.

I am thinking of Huddersfield, City London, Bradford, Plymouth also Aston. I am not sure which one is the best.

Imo Aston would be the best option then. But tbh with optometry you will be qualified no matter what with any course so attending offer holder days will help you decide best.

out of those options aston is definitely the best
Aston uni is good, don’t get the bad rep although I haven’t attended any other uni 😂
The Optom course and staff are great there!!

Quick Reply

Latest