The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy 2023 applicants

Heya,

Has anyone else applied to study OT from Sep 2023? If so, have you heard back from any of your uni choices?
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by LL2468
Heya,

Has anyone else applied to study OT from Sep 2023? If so, have you heard back from any of your uni choices?

Hiya,
I have applied to Bradford, Huddersfield and Leeds Beckett. I have been invited to interviews with Bradford and Huddersfield.

Where have you applied for?
Original post by Em_1990
Hiya,
I have applied to Bradford, Huddersfield and Leeds Beckett. I have been invited to interviews with Bradford and Huddersfield.

Hi @Em_1990

That's great to hear you've applied at Huddersfield!

Please free to ask as many questions as you'd like about Huddersfield, studies, student life or anything else :smile:

Aaliya ~ 4th year pharmacy student ~ University of Huddersfield
Reply 3
Original post by Flower1500
Hiii, I’ve applied for occupational therapy at Huddersfield, Bradford, Leeds beckett
and Sheffield Fulham

Hiya, have you had any interviews at any yet?
Do you have a preference out of the University's you've applied for?
Reply 4
Original post by Em_1990
Hiya,

Nice!

I’ve applied to Oxford Brookes, Southampton, St George’s and London South Bank
Original post by LL2468
Heya,

Hi @LL2468

It's great to hear you're interested in OT and I see you're also applying to Southampton.

I'm a MSc OT student at the University of Southampton so if you have any questions about occupational therapy in general or the University of Southampton please do let me know :smile:

Katie
University of Southampton rep
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi all,
I am applying for both speech and occupational therapy (I cannot make up my mind so keeping my options open for now!). I’ve only applied to Plymouth and I heard yesterday that I have an interview, but it’s not until March the first. My interview is over zoom. I’m not really sure what to expect!
Original post by isilbell
Hi all,
I am applying for both speech and occupational therapy (I cannot make up my mind so keeping my options open for now!). I’ve only applied to Plymouth and I heard yesterday that I have an interview, but it’s not until March the first. My interview is over zoom. I’m not really sure what to expect!

Hi there,

Congratulations on getting an interview!! I know they can be really daunting and it's hard to know what to expect - I think it's important to make sure you're familiar with what an occupational therapist is, what they do and why you'd like to be one! That can help you both in your interview but also when working towards your degree to remember what your role is and why you want to do it.

I am currently on the MSc Occupational Therpay course at the University of Southampton so please let me know if you have any questions about occupational therapy! Best of luck with your applications and interview:smile:

Katie
University of Southampton student rep
I’ve applied for Winchester (had to turn down one interview as I had Covid), Oxford Brookes, Cardiff, Southampton. Heard nothing. I’m applying for the MSc.
Got an offer for the BSc at Teesside Uni :smile:
Original post by Mackem85
Got an offer for the BSc at Teesside Uni :smile:

Congrats! What was your interview like?
Original post by isilbell
Congrats! What was your interview like?

informal, just a few standard questions
Reply 12
Hi Katie, I've applied for speech therapy but occupational therapy might suit me better and am going to try and swap to OT for 2 of my choices. I would love to hear anything at all about what you like (and don't like) about Southampton, the course and the OT profession? Thanks so much! :smile:
Original post by Uni of Southampton Students
Hi there,

Congratulations on getting an interview!! I know they can be really daunting and it's hard to know what to expect - I think it's important to make sure you're familiar with what an occupational therapist is, what they do and why you'd like to be one! That can help you both in your interview but also when working towards your degree to remember what your role is and why you want to do it.

I am currently on the MSc Occupational Therpay course at the University of Southampton so please let me know if you have any questions about occupational therapy! Best of luck with your applications and interview:smile:

Katie
University of Southampton student rep
Hi, just checking in. I'm a mature student, applied to study OT from September at either Bedfordshire or Northamptonshire. Good luck to all with interviews!
Reply 14
Original post by Tepsikola
Hi, just checking in. I'm a mature student, applied to study OT from September at either Bedfordshire or Northamptonshire. Good luck to all with interviews!

Hi! I'm also a mature student and have applied to Northampton and Bedford unis! Got interviews for both. 👋
Original post by JLH35
Hi! I'm also a mature student and have applied to Northampton and Bedford unis! Got interviews for both. 👋

Oh, great news! Do you know which one you'd prefer? When are your interviews?
I had mine not too long ago with both and both have offered a place. I'm quite excited (and anxious as I'm doing an Access course and have no idea whether I'll get the points I'll need.)
Reply 16
I made my five uni choices in January for Occupational Therapy. My top choice is Southampton and I’ve had interviews and subsequently offers from the other four choices but other than acknowledgement of my application have heard nothing from Southampton. Are they always slower than other unis does anyone know or is it likely to mean they aren’t interested in me?!
Reply 17
Original post by Tepsikola
Oh, great news! Do you know which one you'd prefer? When are your interviews?I had mine not too long ago with both and both have offered a place. I'm quite excited (and anxious as I'm doing an Access course and have no idea whether I'll get the points I'll need.)

I'd prefer Northampton purely for location reasons. One of my interviews is the beginning of March and the second is at the end of March.

Well done on getting offers. Have you decided which one you are going to accept? Best of luck with your access course. I'm sure you'll get the points! When do you find out?
Reply 18
Original post by JLH35
I'd prefer Northampton purely for location reasons. One of my interviews is the beginning of March and the second is at the end of March.

Well done on getting offers. Have you decided which one you are going to accept? Best of luck with your access course. I'm sure you'll get the points! When do you find out?

Hi I'm a mature student that's applied to Derby ...a little late in my application so I hope it is still considered! (they said there was still space so I hope so!) Is there a bursary available for this course now or is it just the maintenance loan ?
Laura
I applie to Southampton last year and heard back quite quick. I also applied to, St. George, UWE, Worcester and Bournemouth got into all and currently at Worcester. Best choice by far!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending