The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Coventry University

Scroll to see replies

He does know everything. For he is awesome. And there is no-one more awesome. Mwahahaha *hyper*
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 541
Ice_Queen
The one next to Singer is Raglan, Sherbourne is near Earlsdon (Go past the Skydome, where the Golden Phoenix is, and you can see it, you also pass it on the way to the station).

And Trinity? You poor duckling. The security in there is insane, my boyfriend lived there last year. Two nights a week :frown: We're both pleased as punch now he's moved out and has his own flat! But yeah, lots of restrictions on all sorts of things, the rooms are quite small, and you have to clean the kitchens...unlike Priory which is possibly the most relaxed and laziest halls *is quite obviously an ex-Priory resident*.

Priory sounds like my kind of place! I've just accepted an offer of accomodation there in J Block (?) and starting my first year this September. I had a look around at the Open Day and although it appears to be in need of some slight refurbishment, I put it down as first choice given the location and the fact that it is catered. :smile: So, overall how do you rate Priory?

Also, great to see a fair few people on here 'in the know' regarding Cov Uni. that I can fire questions at! I must say, I am rather excited about this coming September...change of scenery, new beginning and all that...
how comes some of you got offers already i did mine aGeS ago. does it come by post or something
Reply 543
susannah123
how comes some of you got offers already i did mine aGeS ago. does it come by post or something

I'm not sure how much difference it makes, as I'm not particularly hot on the way Uni's and Ucas work; but I'm going in as a mature student (I'm 26) and so I haven't been waiting for results or anything like that. Perhaps it depends on the course that one applies to as well?
can u wear a name tag cj if i see u around i can give u a wave or something
fine
Reply 546
<CJ>
Hey Roov :wavey:
What course you going to be on?

Hi CJ, nice to "meet" you! I'm going to be doing Disaster Mgmt & Engineering, which I gather Coventry is one of the (if not THE) best for. I did a Mech Engineering apprenticeship with a firm in Oxford when I was 18, and I've been working at an architects practice for the last 3 years whilst mulling over which course to study; so it's all going to be very different for me really. I haven't been a full time student in nearly a decade! Do you know anybody who's doing the DM course? What do you study?
Reply 547
Meh Trinity is cool, I can cope with the strict security tbh.

Whoever gets Apollo house I feel sorry for you. It looks like a skanky place above a kebab shop.

And ahh yes, the ol' golden phoenix. Need to get my yellow card. But head down the road to the oak inn..now you're talking (visited a mate in cov in october)

Anyone know how far trinity is to the psych campus walk wise? :biggrin:
are ther lots of asian guys at coventry
Reply 549
susannah123
are ther lots of asian guys at coventry

LOL random question.

Not particularly, not that I noticed anyway.
my dog got lost last week and my neighbour wouldnt come out so im thinking he had something to do with it
Roov2
Priory sounds like my kind of place! I've just accepted an offer of accomodation there in J Block (?) and starting my first year this September. I had a look around at the Open Day and although it appears to be in need of some slight refurbishment, I put it down as first choice given the location and the fact that it is catered. :smile: So, overall how do you rate Priory?

Also, great to see a fair few people on here 'in the know' regarding Cov Uni. that I can fire questions at! I must say, I am rather excited about this coming September...change of scenery, new beginning and all that...

Yup, J block. I'm a G block girl though, and there is always a bit of rivalry :wink: Yeah, it's one of the oldest halls (if not, THE oldest hall), but you get used to it. I lived on the seventeenth floor- not funny when the lifts break!
The location is a great thing, right in the middle of everything, especially cool if you're in George Eliot or James Starley. But good for city centre and pretty central really. The fact that it's catered is awesome, but everyone complains about the food! It's not so bad, we just liked complaining about canteen food. Just remember, if you don't know what it is, don't ask and don't eat it. You get a choice.
Out of ten, I'd rate Priory as 8.5. You complain while you're there, but really, it's cool, and you'll miss it when you leave.
And yeah, we're all 'in the know'. CJ has been here longest I think (I remember asking him for advice when I first looked at Coventry!) but I pop in frequently, and am now going into my second year. Don't stop with the questions, we're always happy to help!
Good luck! IQ x
Reply 552
Are there lifts in Trinity? I'm in flat 24 so it'll be a bit of a bish if I have to walk up 24 flights of stairs after a good night out, if you know what I mean.

I'd prob end up falling asleep on the steps
do u think i will get robbed
LOL im not trying to!! reading back some guys said coventry can be rough
Mark S, there are lifts in Trinity, you will be fine. They're quite posh there with digital readouts and stuffs.

Susannah...what the hell...you come out with some randomnessnessnessness.
Reply 556
Ice_Queen
Yup, J block. I'm a G block girl though, and there is always a bit of rivalry :wink: Yeah, it's one of the oldest halls (if not, THE oldest hall), but you get used to it. I lived on the seventeenth floor- not funny when the lifts break!
The location is a great thing, right in the middle of everything, especially cool if you're in George Eliot or James Starley. But good for city centre and pretty central really. The fact that it's catered is awesome, but everyone complains about the food! It's not so bad, we just liked complaining about canteen food. Just remember, if you don't know what it is, don't ask and don't eat it. You get a choice.
Out of ten, I'd rate Priory as 8.5. You complain while you're there, but really, it's cool, and you'll miss it when you leave.
And yeah, we're all 'in the know'. CJ has been here longest I think (I remember asking him for advice when I first looked at Coventry!) but I pop in frequently, and am now going into my second year. Don't stop with the questions, we're always happy to help!
Good luck! IQ x

Thanks, Ice Queen. Great to know more about where I'm going to be staying...as much as the lifts breaking down would be a killer, I think I'd learn to love a room on the 17th floor (I think...!) I'm sure I'll like it, or if not; I'll certainly get used to it. To be fair it is a halls of residence...I'm not expecting the Taj Mahal Palace Tower!

A couple of more general questions I had were: do you know if I'll be able to get a young persons railcard because I'm a student even though I'm over 25? And secondly, I thought I read somewhere that students get uber-cheap tickets to Coventry City FC...is that right?

And just to butt in on what Susannah said, I thought Coventry was supposed to be one of the safest cities in the country. Check this out:

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/page.cfm?objectid=17305906&method=full&siteid=50003&headline=Fourth%25252Dsafest%252520city%252520in%252520the%252520UK%252520is%252520Coventry

Hope that puts your mind at ease :smile:
ok thanks
Reply 558
<CJ>
You can indeedie.

Railcards are so handy. Not sure about the footie, but in my freshers pack a couple of years ago we got 1 free ticket... but I think you do get some money off, yeah.

Yes I thought so, especially as I don't drive! Thanks mate. I know I will probably find all this out, but I'm playing a waiting game and can't really think about much else right now :P
Roov2
Thanks, Ice Queen. Great to know more about where I'm going to be staying...as much as the lifts breaking down would be a killer, I think I'd learn to love a room on the 17th floor (I think...!) I'm sure I'll like it, or if not; I'll certainly get used to it. To be fair it is a halls of residence...I'm not expecting the Taj Mahal Palace Tower!

A couple of more general questions I had were: do you know if I'll be able to get a young persons railcard because I'm a student even though I'm over 25? And secondly, I thought I read somewhere that students get uber-cheap tickets to Coventry City FC...is that right?

And just to butt in on what Susannah said, I thought Coventry was supposed to be one of the safest cities in the country. Check this out:

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/page.cfm?objectid=17305906&method=full&siteid=50003&headline=Fourth%25252Dsafest%252520city%252520in%252520the%252520UK%252520is%252520Coventry

Hope that puts your mind at ease :smile:

Yeah I loved having my room so high- and it was rare that the lifts both broke down and I couldn't just go to a mate's for half an hour until they were fixed. Nice views! No traffic noise really either.
The railcard I am pretty sure you can apply for if you're a full time student, but I don't know about the footie tickets :smile:
Woop.

Quick Reply

Latest