The Student Room Group
CJ
I started watching Ali last night on Five, but didn't realise how long it went on for, and had to sleep :frown: But so far so good :yes:

Ali is a great film.. definitely worth the full watch. :yep:
Inglorious B* - 7/10

A Better Tomorrow - 5/10

Silent Hill - 6/10
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 9/10 Awesome

oh and Inception 10/10
Reply 9963
Fanboys - 8/10. Thought it was very funny.
One Hour Photo - 7/10
Reply 9965
Tamara Drewe - 9/10. Totally in love with Gemma Arterton now.
Death Race - 5/10

Predictable, unrealistic to the max (jumping out of a moving car going over 100 MPH, onto concrete and being perfectly fine?), and generally just silly.
Reply 9967
Manic- 9/10

Looks like it only cost about £50 to make.
Analyze This - 7/10
El secreto de sus ojos (The Secret in Their Eyes) - 10/10. Absolutely brilliant Argentinian film about a retired justice agent, who is writing a novel based on an old case, that being the horrific rape and murder of a young woman. Wanting to source the old case files, he finds himself reacquainted with his former female boss, and lets just say there is unfinished business between them. It's a heartbreaking story of how a brutal crime can rip apart the life of those left behind, with an interwoven unfinished love story, and a little bit of humour thrown in now and then (but never inappropriately). During the film I laughed, I cried, I gasped in horror and I was moved. It was breathtakingly brilliant. Hollywood could never make a film as good as this.

Scott Pilgrim Vs the World - 8/10. Great fun. Sometimes I like to go to the cinema and just switch my brain off, and enjoy a bit of fluff, and this was perfect for that.
pocketfulofposy
El secreto de sus ojos (The Secret in Their Eyes) - 10/10. Absolutely brilliant Argentinian film about a retired justice agent, who is writing a novel based on an old case, that being the horrific rape and murder of a young woman. Wanting to source the old case files, he finds himself reacquainted with his former female boss, and lets just say there is unfinished business between them. It's a heartbreaking story of how a brutal crime can rip apart the life of those left behind, with an interwoven unfinished love story, and a little bit of humour thrown in now and then (but never inappropriately). During the film I laughed, I cried, I gasped in horror and I was moved. It was breathtakingly brilliant. Hollywood could never make a film as good as this.

Scott Pilgrim Vs the World - 8/10. Great fun. Sometimes I like to go to the cinema and just switch my brain off, and enjoy a bit of fluff, and this was perfect for that.

I absolutely love that film (The Secret In Their Eyes), it really is so moving. I think it's a film that everyone should see, the acting, camera work, the way the plot intensifies is just brilliant. I love the part in the old lady's house, when he's caught searching it, if you know the bit I mean, it's fantastic.

Scott Pilgrim is a brillaint film too, just pure FUN.
James Carter
I absolutely love that film (The Secret In Their Eyes), it really is so moving. I think it's a film that everyone should see, the acting, camera work, the way the plot intensifies is just brilliant. I love the part in the old lady's house, when he's caught searching it, if you know the bit I mean, it's fantastic.

Scott Pilgrim is a brillaint film too, just pure FUN.

Yes I know the bit you mean. I loved that part too. I also loved the part in the train station, with the widowed husband, the power of that particular scene was incredible.

I think for me, the most incredible thing about the film, was that despite the subject matter, I didn't come out of the cinema thinking 'well that was emotionally draining'. I just walked out thinking 'wow'. I've even been back to see it again, as I wanted to make sure it was as good as I thought first time, and it was.
Analyze That - 7/10
Love Happens, it was okay.
Reply 9974
Shoot 'Em Up - 9.5/10
Resident Evil: Afterlife 7/10
Dead mans shoes 8/10
just came back from watching scott pilgrim and man i wasn't disappointed
Reply 9977
Resident Evil: Afterlife - 6.5
The average movie watcher should see this for the 3D effects.
Diehard RE game fans should avoid it as usual.
And fans of the film series will probably see this as a "bridge" for the second trilogy - not particularly good or bad.
Gran Torino, last night. Amazing film....
Dead Man Running. Not a Classic but I lol'd quite a bit. 50 Cent and British rapper guy (can't remember his name) should just stick to rapping though.

Latest