The Student Room Group

Pride Month 2023: what are your LGBTQ+ media recommendations?

With Pride Month starting to draw to a close, we'd love to know if you have any TV, film, book, music etc. recommendations? :pride:

One of mine would be heartstopper, it's so wholesome and a lovely watch (for the most part). Also in terms of music I'd recommend Lucy Spraggan :smile:

Tagging in @shadowdweller who might be able to give quite a few book recommendations!
Reply 1
the film 'portrait of a lady on fire'. do everything you can to avoid spoilers before watching, for one of the best films I've ever seen.
Ok here’s some book recs!! Some I haven’t got round to yet but excited to read
Aristotle Dante series
Heartstopper
She gets the girl
Straight expectations
Red white and royal blue
One last stop
I've heard people mention Black Flamingo a lot I think, never read the book though but yeah.
Oh yes black flamingo is rlly good
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Tagging in @shadowdweller who might be able to give quite a few book recommendations!

I have SO MANY book recommendations! If anyone had a particular genre they're interested in then just tag me and I can list some books for you :biggrin:

In general, I highly recommend any books by Emma Sterner-Radley - she has some rom-coms, but also some fantasy ones - and Amanda Radley who writes rom-coms and some cozy mysteries too :smile:
Original post by shadowdweller
I have SO MANY book recommendations! If anyone had a particular genre they're interested in then just tag me and I can list some books for you :biggrin:

In general, I highly recommend any books by Emma Sterner-Radley - she has some rom-coms, but also some fantasy ones - and Amanda Radley who writes rom-coms and some cozy mysteries too :smile:

Do u have any more general recommendations? :biggrin:
Original post by taylor2317
Do u have any more general recommendations? :biggrin:

I do! Here are some I've recently read and enjoyed:
- Imogen Obviously by Becky Albertalli
- Never Kiss Your Roomate by Philline Harms
- She Drives Me Crazy by Kelly Quindlen
Original post by shadowdweller
I do! Here are some I've recently read and enjoyed:
- Imogen Obviously by Becky Albertalli
- Never Kiss Your Roomate by Philline Harms
- She Drives Me Crazy by Kelly Quindlen