The Student Room Group

Favourite film and why?

What's your FAVOURITEEEEEE film of all time and why?

My favourite film: Little Women (1994)

Why: I enjoyed the plot about the 4 sisters as it reminds me about me and my sisters and all the fun we used to have growing up throughout our teenage years. It's a feel good movie and reminds me a lot about my adolescence and what's it like to change as a person growing up into an adult - scary times haha. There's sadness and drama but also joyous moments and don't forget the romance :wink: It's a nice feel good movie I'd watch when I'm stuck in bed with the flu, making me feel all nice and cozy. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Inception! One of the first movies that I watched as I was getting older (When i was about 8) and started to understand ‘more adult’ movies. I absolutely fell in love with the concept of dreams and still love the concept today- to the point that i’m going on to do Psychology and dreams in Uni!

Plus all the actors in it are some of my absolute favourite actors today in all of their work.
Reply 2
Back to the future is amazing - such a great film to watch with the fam on the weekend.

I have never seen Inception - I have never watched the trailer. I saw one scene where he city folds itself - leonardo is watching Ellen Paige do something weird and then it happens lol. I should really watch it - have no idea why I never did whenever it was on TV. It’s on my movie bucket list.
I can't remember the name
Saw it On now tv
A crazy billionaire burns off half his face
Played by a really famous actor
The guy from "American physco " I Believe
He got into s car crash with a blonde girl a and met this brown headed girl st a party , his best friend betrays him with the brown heared girl (Latina I believe )he goes insane pretty sure it had Morgan freeman
And BIll Murray , in the end there's a shoot out with bill murray and I think the angel Gabriel was there , not too sure
And he preserves his body and goes down a really long elavtor
This sounds fake af but I know I've seen it ! 'Cause I'm not good with explanations
Mum hated it but I loved it lool
Reply 4
Poetry

It's a korean film that I'm really fond of, it made me feel emotions that i really didn't think a film could make me feel, made me sympathize with fictional characters and is overall just a wonderfully crafted piece of art
The Dark Knight
Reply 6
Hard to narrow it down, but maybe the Wind that Shakes the Barley
The Fifth Element.

It's really held up over the past twenty years and Gaultier was on point with those costume designs. I think I like it because as well as being an entertaining watch, it was visually spectacular. I really liked the level of detail and thought in it, which is probably why it's not turned into a clunky dated disaster. It's an art film as much as a sci-fi.

I also really like The Cell. You can say what you will about JLo's acting, but the entire aesthetic of it is stunning, albeit a little twisted.
Original post by Shisha s
I can't remember the name
Saw it On now tv
A crazy billionaire burns off half his face
Played by a really famous actor
The guy from "American physco " I Believe
He got into s car crash with a blonde girl a and met this brown headed girl st a party , his best friend betrays him with the brown heared girl (Latina I believe )he goes insane pretty sure it had Morgan freeman
And BIll Murray , in the end there's a shoot out with bill murray and I think the angel Gabriel was there , not too sure
And he preserves his body and goes down a really long elavtor
This sounds fake af but I know I've seen it ! 'Cause I'm not good with explanations
Mum hated it but I loved it lool

Do you mean Vanilla Sky?
Original post by tinkertonks
Do you mean Vanilla Sky?

Omg yes I think so xxxxx
What key words gave it away because none of these worked in my search engine

yes it predictable and cliche but I just like the graphics and actors
yes Im a bit basic really
Shrek.

Because he is shrek.
Reply 12
Original post by Samuelbobby
Shrek.

Because he is shrek.

I'd like to revise my answer
Shawshank Redemption was really good.

But my favourite has to be Zoolander. Just because I can sympathise with the struggles of being ridiculously good looking.
Reply 14
Original post by Help Me Prease!
Shawshank Redemption was really good.

But my favourite has to be Zoolander. Just because I can sympathise with the struggles of being ridiculously good looking.

I literally laughed out loud when I read this - hilarious! But yeah shawshank was amazinggggg.... I don’t have a favourite film cuz I have like 10 :P lol
Reply 15
there is a newer version of little women r u excited
Reply 16
Original post by BashR
there is a newer version of little women r u excited

Yes of course! I was buzzing when my sister told me about it. Great actors in this one as well. Timothy and Saoirse - they were funny in Ladybird so I can’t wait to see how their chemistry goes in this film. Jo’s character is my fav (I’ve been described as Jo too haha) and Saoirse is a great actress - can’t wait to see how she plays her!
Reply 17
Original post by 21ForEva
Yes of course! I was buzzing when my sister told me about it. Great actors in this one as well. Timothy and Saoirse - they were funny in Ladybird so I can’t wait to see how their chemistry goes in this film. Jo’s character is my fav (I’ve been described as Jo too haha) and Saoirse is a great actress - can’t wait to see how she plays her!

bless
Drake and Josh Christmas movie:u:
God Father 2
Vitos past

Quick Reply

Latest