The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I feel like that exactly, but the worst part is the degree i want to do has nothing to do with my current subjects - not through choice, I simply cannot do anything directly related to 3D design at school, so i'm stuck here, no more able at 3D design than i was at the start of Y12, or what i will be at the end of Y13 - i'm simply doing a bunch of A2's that won't help me at all, just for the UCAS points.
Reply 21
spoon1
Right the thing is is that all this ucas and uni open day malarkey has really got me going and I'm so sick and tired of school and seeing the same people everyday - i just wanna get to university NOW and meet new people and experience new things and stuff. Does anyone feel the same way? It's so annoying that we've got a whole year to wait....grrrr.

I hate college this term. Brand new 21 million pound building, but its horrible as theres no field anymore (we previously had a huge field) and everythings situated in on place whereas before we had many smaller buildings. On top of that 2 very good friends have left college. Bring on uni!
Reply 22
Am I the only person who doesn't want to go to University right now?

What is wrong with Y13?
Reply 23
samd

What is wrong with Y13?

er....it's dully mc-dull?
Reply 24
samd

What is wrong with Y13?

Well, I do want to go to Uni, but I also don't want to leave 6th form. I really appreciate how good it is (after 7 years at the school), how nice everyone is and how great the teachers are. Also, I've a combination of subjects which I enjoy and am good at.

But things must change.
Just wait for your exams! It won't be boring then!
Reply 26
I'm the same... BUT I'M IN YR 12!!! (cries)
Yeah I suppose so but Im guna miss school and everyone there but I really need to get down to work to get my grades, but I honestly can not wait to get to uni!!! I suppose everyone feels like that I know my mates do but I will probably not want to go when the time comes because I dont want to leave friends!
Reply 28
I do want to go to university so much, but at the same time I'm a bit scared. Plus, I love my school. I know that sounds weird but it's awesome!
Oh my god.

it's just got WORSE.

I have 5 essays due in on Friday. I have parents evening next week. Oh. My. God.
Reply 30
spoon1
er....it's dully mc-dull?

I don't find my subjects dull. But yet again I chose a set of the most exciting and stimulating subjects out there.

If your subjects are dull why are you looking forward to doing 3/4 years in one of them at Uni?
My subjects aren't dull, and i love my school, friends and teachers. But i'm ready for a change and whilst i enjoy my 3 subjects atm, i can't wait to get to uni and focus on the best one (English!), aswell as getting away from home and having some independence :smile:
Reply 32
samd
I don't find my subjects dull. But yet again I chose a set of the most exciting and stimulating subjects out there.

If your subjects are dull why are you looking forward to doing 3/4 years in one of them at Uni?

For me, it wasn't the subject per se that I found dull, but the syllabus - the way it required you to only study random bits of this huge exciting subject, ignoring a whole load of really exciting, interesting, important things, just because "it's not on the syllabus", and then there are all these stupid exams requiring you to jump through one hoop after another and you still don't get anywhere...
I hate this system. Why did I sign up for another year of it?
Reply 33
I felt exactly like you lot do this time last year. It's not good! - A2 year is so so important. Make sure you don't slip behind in the midst of "A2 Syndrome". I did that - worked really hard for my AS, and became disillusioned/bored during A2.
Hey im still in Yr 11...and im already tired of school...want to go university now....wat does that mean lol?
Reply 35
I loved my last school year and the summer before going to Nottingham. I actually would have preferred to stay in my home town but I'm enjoying it here now.
Reply 36
angelsarmiento
I'm the same... BUT I'M IN YR 12!!! (cries)

:ditto: <-- minus the smile
I can't wait to start either... This year's killing me...
Reply 38
I really, really, really hate UCAS personal statements

I mean, I loathe them!

Friggin things
I felt exactly the same during Y13, and some days went so slowly I thought I'd die. But the year as a whole shot over, and now I'm at uni I sort of wish I'd appreciated it more.

Latest

Trending

Trending