The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

you are so lucky! i spoke to the careers advisor at my school who deals with the applications and she said she'd have a word with my tutor!

the uni's will probably read yours pretty soon, as there is ages till the deadline for everyone else to apply! i want to get mine off really soon so i can get my replies sooner!

where have you applied to and for what?
Yep, me just started feelin the "wana go to uni" thing...well been going through that phase for the past few days..and just want to go off to uni..!! Currently studying A2 Maths...Computing...French..! and AS grades...not good..Maths (C), French (D), Computing (A), and Physics (D)!! But gona take my chances and apply for Aston..Oxford Brookes..Loughborough...De Montfort..Bradford or Hull...and Lancaster or Surrey to do Management/ Business Management!! BNut like a fu ppl have said...being the last school year...u gota enjoy it...make it a good one that u can look back at..!
You know what we worked out the other day? The year 7s starting this year will be taking their GCSEs by the time year 13s (not deferring and doing 3 year courses) graduate.

God, we've been at school for a LONG time! We're at university for less than half the time we're at secondary school (providing you go to an attatched sixth form, obv). Odd...
Reply 63
FaTcUtEcHeKiEz
Hey im still in Yr 11...and im already tired of school...want to go university now....wat does that mean lol?

That you are looking at the wrong thread.
Reply 64
I am an oxbridge applicant and I finished my form on the 20th of September, which was the school deadline for the references to be written in time.

My application has not yet been sent.

Although everyday I am promised that it will be tomorrow.
Reply 65
well i should be in my third year of uni now but instead i pissed about to much at college and failed twice.

but im glad because i had fun at college (lots of pubs nearby) and next year im def going to uni after doing my A2's (already gotta confirmed place :biggrin:) and now i get to go to uni for another 4/5 years :biggrin:
Reply 66
im pretty fed up with the subjects that i dont want to continue with, but i still put in all the effort !
i'm really fed up with my a2's other than sociology, that's another reason why i'm so desperate for next year to come, i can't wait to be doing just the one subject that i really enjoy. i'm worried about my grades dropping next year because i'm so unmotivated!
Elusive Moose
You know what we worked out the other day? The year 7s starting this year will be taking their GCSEs by the time year 13s (not deferring and doing 3 year courses) graduate.

God, we've been at school for a LONG time! We're at university for less than half the time we're at secondary school (providing you go to an attatched sixth form, obv). Odd...

I know what you mean! Potentially, i could one day be teaching the current Year 7 A-level English!!! :eek:
Reply 69
I am in Year 14

Me too, and I'm also out next year possibly doing another A-level as my only lesson at college. So I'm waiting 2 years, annoying yuss.
It's not really to do with getting away from school, I quite like my school but it's escaping from home.
Reply 70
I can just forsee the highlight of my coming months will be checking the UCAS track ten times a day....dark days ahead.
Totally with you, can't wait to get out of my damn school. All girls. too many girls....Methinks I would be a lot happier if i were gay.
Reply 71
I was like this last year! But Just be careful not to waste it.. Uni is fun (well In bits.. Hmm washing up.) But make sure you still experince your last year in college!
Reply 72
samd
I am an oxbridge applicant and I finished my form on the 20th of September, which was the school deadline for the references to be written in time.

My application has not yet been sent.

Although everyday I am promised that it will be tomorrow.

in the same situ as u. i was the first person in our yr to fin my UCAS and CAF.. but its still NOT been sent off yet.. gettin annoyed now! im not annoyed about it cos oxbridge interview nearly all applicants but i just want the form to be sent off so i no whether or not unis want me!! altho i no that i will b checkin ucas 24 7 from now til next year..great.. but at least iv fin all that i need to do and now jus hav to sit and wait..
Yes, I wish I was off to university with my friends from the year above, my two oldest are both at Cambridge now. That is one reason for wanting to be off, though primarily it is just because I don't feel totally challenged at school anymore and am looking forward to university as an opportunity to stretch myself. Oh, and I don't intend to leave university......ever.

Latest

Trending

Trending