The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

DanMushMan
true, i'd rather Wenger signed a contract soon, becuase it up next summer i think. The only fact is that Patrick, Henry and Pires are all at Arsenal on long term contracts.

I wouldnt be surprised if he actually went to Real if he doesnt sign actually but I digress. lol.
Reply 21
Spain sucks, believe me, I live here, damn!!!.

(But not for long).
Reply 22
my parents have bought a house in spain, near alicante. (that's near barcelona). its not built yet though.

if you want cheap accomodation look for a youth hostel or bring a tent.
Reply 23
elpaw
my parents have bought a house in spain, near alicante. (that's near barcelona). its not built yet though.

if you want cheap accomodation look for a youth ghostel or bring a tent.

Well, maybe you need a little of sunlight, right?
Reply 24
there are several cheap camp sites in the middle of the city you can probably find details on the internet but you will then have to take tents with you
Reply 25
Eternal Idol
Spain sucks, believe me, I live here, damn!!!.

(But not for long).

what part of spain do you live in and why does it suck
Reply 26
I went to Barcelona for 5 days last summer. Its a really nice place.

We stayed in a hotel near the main station (the hotel was called Hotel Abba Sants - might be a bit expensive for what you're looking for). There are loads of places about though - the tube system there is really simple and easy to use - there are only 5 lines but they go right out to the suburbs, so don't worry if you end up on the outskirts. Worth noting the times of the last trains though otherwise you might end up getting a taxi.

The city itself is quite a safe place - make sure though that you avoid the Gothic and Chinese quarters after dark - there are lots of little dark alleyways and thats where most of the crime happens. Les Rambles is a full of restaurants and shops, and theres also 'La diagonal' which is a huge long road where all the posh shops are (and at the bottom there's a really good shopping centre - but don't attempt to walk all the way along the diagonal - its a very, very long walk!).

Its worth taking one of the tour buses - there are 2 routes and you just buy a ticket and can get on and off wherever you like and even change between the 2 routes etc when you like. Its worth it to get to see all the bits like the Olympic village, some of Gaudi's work thats dotted about the city and loads of other stuff too.

If theres anything else you want to know, you;re welcome to ask!
Reply 27
angel D
what part of spain do you live in and why does it suck

As it says right down my nick name I live in Tres Cantos (20 minutes of train to Madrid).

It sucks for a lot of reasons, climate, food, people, I don't like this at all.

Latest

Trending

Trending