The Student Room Group

Mass Effect Society

Scroll to see replies

Wait, you're kidding me? If I gave Cerberus a collector base they'll still be hunting me?!? They seemed to be the only significant advantage Renegade Shep had! Paragon shep has the rachni to help, and likely the Geth and Quarians! Oh, and the citadel races will be much more friendly!
(also, will the Quarians still be trying to fight the Geth if you told them not to go to war? Bah, it seems like my previous decisions are not having much impact!)

and the "sour yellow note" thing the queen said is indoctrination; the rachni perceive sounds in colours, clearly the sound of being brainwashed is yellow to them.

however it seems unlikely that the reapers will be able to control the rachni again: indoctrination takes a long time, even the fastest and most damaging forms take weeks or months (indoctrinating Saren so he had higher level functions presumably took years) This is time you don't have when the enemy is shooting you!

Finally: what did they do to Ashley's hair!?! She's almost unrecognisable!
Reply 241
Original post by The Mr Z
Wait, you're kidding me? If I gave Cerberus a collector base they'll still be hunting me?!? They seemed to be the only significant advantage Renegade Shep had! Paragon shep has the rachni to help, and likely the Geth and Quarians! Oh, and the citadel races will be much more friendly!
(also, will the Quarians still be trying to fight the Geth if you told them not to go to war? Bah, it seems like my previous decisions are not having much impact!)

Finally: what did they do to Ashley's hair!?! She's almost unrecognisable!

Giving Cerberus the Collectors' base was always going to end badly. Anyone who paid attention to them would know that.

Ashley, yeah, she looks kind of different.

In other news: new screens!

Reply 242
I gave Cerberus the collectors base. I should have destroyed it :indiff:
Sad news... ME3's been delayed: http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1166006p1.html :frown:

Not a surprise, but still a disappointment...
Yeh, most people expected it as ME 2 was only released early last year. Hopefully we get to see alot of it at E3 in a month's time though.
Original post by Illusionary
Sad news... ME3's been delayed: http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1166006p1.html :frown:

I think I was way more saddened by this than I should have been! I was really looking forward to this. :frown:

Ah well, we have Infamous 2, Arkham City, Uncharted 3, Skyrim and probably a lot of other stuff to look forward to this year. Thinking about it, 2011 is actually quite a big year for PC gaming... SWO, GW2, Crysis 2 and whatnot. I wish I had a better PC! :frown:
Original post by Illusionary

Actually, Thank **** For That!!

This means that EA are not rushing ME3 through like they do many other big franchise games, it's being allowed all the attention and time it deserves.

After all, EA normally force a very strict release schedule! They wanted it released in the lead-up to Christmas for financial reasons, not because it would make the game any better.

More time for the Devs is a good thing, 2 years is the right amount of time between releases for a game franchise of this vision, scale and quality!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 247
I'm actually sort of okay about it. The two main reasons why are:
- They are not rushing it, and have announced it well in advance
- Skyrim...
I'm playing through ME2 again, and tbh I think this was the right choice for ME3. Although I really hope they make the engineer a hell of a lot better and make the story completely diverge if you're say, Paragon, Renegade or neutral.

Like right now, it's basically the same stuff if you're going through para/ren playthrough, just different choices and different reactions.

Imagine, for example, if you gave the base to Cerberus, then you're working with them in the base or something and stealing their tech; if you didn't, you need to break in or something or other. Or perhaps having to visit different colonies or something, SOMETHING that doesn't make it linear and adds to replay value!
Original post by wanderlust.xx
I'm playing through ME2 again, and tbh I think this was the right choice for ME3. Although I really hope they make the engineer a hell of a lot better and make the story completely diverge if you're say, Paragon, Renegade or neutral.

Like right now, it's basically the same stuff if you're going through para/ren playthrough, just different choices and different reactions.

Imagine, for example, if you gave the base to Cerberus, then you're working with them in the base or something and stealing their tech; if you didn't, you need to break in or something or other. Or perhaps having to visit different colonies or something, SOMETHING that doesn't make it linear and adds to replay value!

They've already said that ME3 starts off with Cerberus turning against you and trying to kill you, and I'm pretty sure that's regardless of whether you went Paragon or Renegade.
Original post by Jace Falco
They've already said that ME3 starts off with Cerberus turning against you and trying to kill you, and I'm pretty sure that's regardless of whether you went Paragon or Renegade.

Yeah, I was trying to think of a valid example but none sprang to mind. :tongue:

It would just be fantastic if they really ended the whole series with a massive finale; huge choices, neverending plot twists and turns... :biggrin:
Reply 251
Yeah, I was trying to think of a valid example but none sprang to mind. :tongue:

It would just be fantastic if they really ended the whole series with a massive finale; huge choices, neverending plot twists and turns... :biggrin:

In fairness, the ME3 has a huge number of choices to work through, going all the way back to the first game. Some things will be small like certain characters not liking you or certain characters never appearing cause you killed them or let them die, etc. Others will be huge like Cerberus having the base to use against you or the Rachni, etc. That means you can have a large amount of completely different playthroughs.
Original post by Jace Falco

If that's true, it'll piss me off!

That's far too much of a big decision to just COMPLETELY BRUSH OVER!!

It's as bad as when having chosen to save/leave the council did nothing more than change the dialogue options on the Citadel!! I mean really! That had better have bigger implications for ME3! It was the climax of the whole game!!

I had several ME2 play-throughs, some I destroyed the base and told TIM to jump in a lake, some I saved it and decided to keep working with him!

I want the ones where I destroyed the base to have Cerberus out to kill me, and the ones where I saved it to have them working with me! That decision should change about 10% of ME3 from the outset!

Unlike in ME2, in ME3 the devs have the opportunity for massive discontinuity between different starting states, because they don't all have to feed into the same sequel! They've already said they plan to use this to have very diverging endings, why not take it right back to the moment you load?

On certain missions where Cerberus would have been hindering you they should instead be back-up, some missions involving attacking them should disappear completely, but new missions on their behalf appear!

That decision was not one between "make your enemies in the next game more or less powerful", I was choosing my allies and enemies for the next game! Similarly, if I saved the council I expect them to be much more willing to help! And for the Destiny Ascension to be leading my fleets into battle!

It'd be as bad as the rachni not showing up if you saved them, or still showing up if you killed the queen!

These are the big decisions, they should have fitting consequences!
Reply 253
If that's true, it'll piss me off!

That's far too much of a big decision to just COMPLETELY BRUSH OVER!!

It's as bad as when having chosen to save/leave the council did nothing more than change the dialogue options on the Citadel!! I mean really! That had better have bigger implications for ME3! It was the climax of the whole game!!

I had several ME2 play-throughs, some I destroyed the base and told TIM to jump in a lake, some I saved it and decided to keep working with him!

I want the ones where I destroyed the base to have Cerberus out to kill me, and the ones where I saved it to have them working with me! That decision should change about 10% of ME3 from the outset!

Unlike in ME2, in ME3 the devs have the opportunity for massive discontinuity between different starting states, because they don't all have to feed into the same sequel! They've already said they plan to use this to have very diverging endings, why not take it right back to the moment you load?

On certain missions where Cerberus would have been hindering you they should instead be back-up, some missions involving attacking them should disappear completely, but new missions on their behalf appear!

That decision was not one between "make your enemies in the next game more or less powerful", I was choosing my allies and enemies for the next game! Similarly, if I saved the council I expect them to be much more willing to help! And for the Destiny Ascension to be leading my fleets into battle!

It'd be as bad as the rachni not showing up if you saved them, or still showing up if you killed the queen!

These are the big decisions, they should have fitting consequences!

Jesus, calm down, mate. Don't you think the devs have thought all this through and know what they're doing? Don't start questioning them before you even know what they've done.
Original post by Hylean
Jesus, calm down, mate. Don't you think the devs have thought all this through and know what they're doing? Don't start questioning them before you even know what they've done.

I normally do think they know what they're doing, I'm hoping that people are over-reading into this and it isn't confirmed that it's true for both paragon and renegade endings.

I'm hoping it's like the whole "Shepard is dead" thing that was going on with ME2. That or they'd better throw up a pretty big plot twist to explain it. (Creepy-blue-eye related)

If it is confirmed for both paragon and renegade that Cerberus have turned against you, and there's no strong given reason for it that's independent of whatever path you chose, then I'm strongly disappointed.
Reply 255
Picture of Shepherd, Kaiden and Liara. Liara looks angry; Kaiden looks buffed, but boring; and **** male Shepherd, it's all about the female version.

(edited 12 years ago)

If it is confirmed for both paragon and renegade that Cerberus have turned against you, and there's no strong given reason for it that's independent of whatever path you chose, then I'm strongly disappointed.

I inadvertently read the reason for why Cerberus are running after you in some information taken from a recent magazine preview, and I wish I hadn't as it's a pretty big spoiler. Read at your own risk:

Spoiler

Reply 257
Original post by Man-in-the-Moon
I inadvertently read the reason for why Cerberus are running after you in some information taken from a recent magazine preview, and I wish I hadn't as it's a pretty big spoiler. Read at your own risk:

Spoiler

I would've assumed the main reason is because cerberus are d-bags...

Spoiler

Original post by Man-in-the-Moon

Spoiler

Oh wow. Really. When given the offer between knowledge and ignorance I normally opt for knowledge, but now I just wish I ****ing hadn't. God damnit.
Oh wow. Really. When given the offer between knowledge and ignorance I normally opt for knowledge, but now I just wish I ****ing hadn't. God damnit.

Of course it was just after I first read it that I finally saw the spoiler warnings. :doh: However it was taken from a magazine article, so the fact that BioWare are willing to let it get out into the public's knowledge shows that it can't be as big of a spoiler as it seems. If it was really that big they'd keep it under wraps as much as possible. As much I hate reading ME spoilers I just can't resist it.

Quick Reply

Latest