The Student Room Group

OCR maths moments question

i have this question about moments but I don't know how to go about solving it because they've given no values
Reply 1
Original post by esha06
i have this question about moments but I don't know how to go about solving it because they've given no values

Reply 2
Original post by esha06

As the question says, they want a solution.expression in terms of M, so just do the algebra and work it through. In effect, theyre asking about ratios rather than absolute values.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by mqb2766
As the question says, they want a solution.expression in terms of M, so just do the algebra and work it through.

but how because idk Rc or Rd and I cant do simultaneous equations to work them out because I don't know the mass
Reply 4
Original post by esha06
but how because idk Rc or Rd and I cant do simultaneous equations to work them out because I don't know the mass

Think about where you take moments about and if its on the point of turning (largest mass), how will you represent it. A quick sketch is usually useful. Its 3 marks, which generally means you create one equation.

However, you could get Rc or Rd in terms of M (part b) ..., but it should not be necessary for a).
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest