The Student Room Group

Mass Effect Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hylean
Nyah, given I don't know the endings, I can't really comment.

your in for a treat! :wink:

The "being promised cake and instead being kicked in the ovaries" kind of surprise :biggrin:
Original post by G8D
This is a bit funny.
[video="youtube_share;AYpgF3ZKyzQ"]http://youtu.be/AYpgF3ZKyzQ[/video]

Haha, that's great. I didn't hear that bit of dialogue in my playthroughs.

I finally got my plat trophy. :smile:
So... given that I'm up to "Priority: Horizon", how close am I now to the end (no spoilers, please)? :holmes: I've done every side-mission currently open, aside from those that appear to be bugged and won't change status.
Original post by Illusionary
So... given that I'm up to "Priority: Horizon", how close am I now to the end (no spoilers, please)? :holmes: I've done every side-mission currently open, aside from those that appear to be bugged and won't change status.

After Horizon there are two more missions, but the first one is the point of no return. You're forced to finish after starting it.

Which side missions are bugged for you?
Original post by AugustWestie
After Horizon there are two more missions, but the first one is the point of no return. You're forced to finish after starting it.

Which side missions are bugged for you?

:beard: I had a feeling that might be the case. My effective military strength is currently sitting as just over 3,000 (no multiplayer, so that's with just 50% effectiveness) so it looks like I still need to push that up a little.

Quite a few seem bugged, as I'm pretty sure that I've completed them - Cerberus Ciphers, GX12 Thermal Pipe, Kakliosaur Fossil, Vous Ambassador and Obelisk of Karza.
:beard: I had a feeling that might be the case. My effective military strength is currently sitting as just over 3,000 (no multiplayer, so that's with just 50% effectiveness) so it looks like I still need to push that up a little.

Quite a few seem bugged, as I'm pretty sure that I've completed them - Cerberus Ciphers, GX12 Thermal Pipe, Kakliosaur Fossil, Vous Ambassador and Obelisk of Karza.

Yeah, I would definitely recommend pushing it up to at least 4000 if you can.

I haven't heard about any of those quests being bugged. Are you sure you've done them? Have you checked Spectre Acquisitions to see if any of the items needed for them are there?

I know at least a couple of those require items that are found through scanning, the Obelisk of Karza and the Kakliosaur Fossil in particular.

I haven't heard about any of those quests being bugged. Are you sure you've done them? Have you checked Spectre Acquisitions to see if any of the items needed for them are there?

I know at least a couple of those require items that are found through scanning, the Obelisk of Karza and the Kakliosaur Fossil in particular.

Yep, that's the idea!

I fully intend on double-checking the quests, though I've been pretty meticulous about scanned and I definitely remember having the 'item handover' dialogue for some of those quests... :dontknow:
Yep, that's the idea!

I fully intend on double-checking the quests, though I've been pretty meticulous about scanned and I definitely remember having the 'item handover' dialogue for some of those quests... :dontknow:

I think I experienced the same thing - I picked up some side missions for areas I'd already scanned clean and going back wouldn't find the item...
Completed my first 2 gold challenges in MP today! The first one was quite hard, the second map I didn't even have to use missiles or medi-gel so not too bad. I've just been playing with randoms so hope I can replicate the success on the other 4 maps to get the Achievement!
Original post by ManBeast
Completed my first 2 gold challenges in MP today! The first one was quite hard, the second map I didn't even have to use missiles or medi-gel so not too bad. I've just been playing with randoms so hope I can replicate the success on the other 4 maps to get the Achievement!

Pretty impressive to do that with randoms. Were you guys communicating?
Original post by NathanW18
Pretty impressive to do that with randoms. Were you guys communicating?

No communication, we were all level 20 though fighting the Geth as either engineers or infiltrators so that helped. Can't imagine doing gold and having to fight banshees or atlas mechs...
Original post by ManBeast
No communication, we were all level 20 though fighting the Geth as either engineers or infiltrators so that helped. Can't imagine doing gold and having to fight banshees or atlas mechs...

I haven't played gold yet, but I thought fighting the geth would be a bit of a test. Mostly because they never stick to cover and always approach you. Banshees are the worst, though. Fighting the reapers is always the hardest because of them.
I guess but the Geth don't have too many melee units apart from the hunters. I can imagine phantoms and brutes being a pain on gold.
Brutes, and the rest of the Reapers (apart from maybe Marauders, which are a pain in the arse) are easy when you have 4 Adepts working together to spam biotic explosions. You're obviously not going to come across many times like that though in public matches.

I think all enemy types have their weaknesses and all of them are difficult in their own way. For gaining credits on Gold I usually go Geth or Reapers, using a Salarian Infiltrator or Human Sentinel respectively.

I found a way to get them all sorted in the end, aside from "Citadel: GX12 Thermal Pipe" - but I think that one might need to be left for a mission or two before it clears. Still only 6,470 total military strength, though... :colonhash:

I can't say that I'm overly keen on being forced into playing the multiplayer to get access to (what I assume are) the endings that I'd hope for, but a little while later I'm now sitting with 63% galactic readiness and a level 12 human engineer - tipping me just over that crucial 4,000.

Spoiler

I found a way to get them all sorted in the end, aside from "Citadel: GX12 Thermal Pipe" - but I think that one might need to be left for a mission or two before it clears. Still only 6,470 total military strength, though... :colonhash:

I can't say that I'm overly keen on being forced into playing the multiplayer to get access to (what I assume are) the endings that I'd hope for, but a little while later I'm now sitting with 63% galactic readiness and a level 12 human engineer - tipping me just over that crucial 4,000.

Spoiler

Ah well, it's not crucial anyway. At best it'll add a few more to your war assets.

By the way, I think every couple of times you start the game your galactic readiness will drop by 1% and overnight it will drop by 2%, so double check that if you're not going to finish the game right away. It's a very annoying and cheap way to keep people playing the multiplayer I suppose.

Good luck. :biggrin:
Ah well, it's not crucial anyway. At best it'll add a few more to your war assets.

By the way, I think every couple of times you start the game your galactic readiness will drop by 1% and overnight it will drop by 2%, so double check that if you're not going to finish the game right away. It's a very annoying and cheap way to keep people playing the multiplayer I suppose.

Good luck. :biggrin:

Yeah, I know :colonhash: I've already got "Master and Commander" but I'm taking no chances...

66%

Now it's time to get back to that base...
Seems I was still able to clear that one following the latest mission. One to go...

375XP is all that I got for it though. :tongue:
They should change it so you have to be a certain level to be able to join gold difficulty MP missions. Too many times low-level (Anything under level 18) players join and start getting angry when people vote to kick them. Its nothing personal...they'll just get torn apart like kleenex so better to save everyone elses equipment and time.
:teeth:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest