The Student Room Group

Sky Box Games - Remember the Awesome Oldies?

Who else has fond memories of the old games on Sky? I mean, they all used to be free to play, well-made, and AWESOMELY ADDICTIVE!

The likes of Beehive Bedlam, Corporal Cluck, Fathom/Fathom 2, King Tutti and Bumble Tumble?

It used to be the case that, in the inevitable half hour where there was nothing but crap on the television, you'd press the little interactive button and fire up some King Tutti and shriek as you avoided some little pixel-mummies, or some Fathom 2 to try (very futilely, might I add) to get more than like, five centimetres without crashing.

Now, the same little magic button that was once a portal to awesome gaming is now just a little rubber phony sitting on your remote, as once you press it to play some games, you're presented with crap licensed games that let you play for twelve seconds before DEMANDING you pay them twenty gold doubloons...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I used to spend HOURS playing that game, made any day off ill from school totally worth it!
Ahhh yes! I used to love those! Especially beehive bedlam and king tutti! Good times! This has made me all nostalgic :biggrin:
So many memories... there was that ice pong game on PlayJam too. Does anyone remember its name?
(edited 13 years ago)
Yes, I remember.

You need to stop living in the past.
Reply 5
Original post by ShinyLittleTit™
Yes, I remember.

You need to stop living in the past.

That's a fairly cynical response to a practice which invokes retrospective joy in people. I've got a smile on my face just remembering how infuriated my dad got by Beehive Bedlam's repetitive music.
Reply 6
I used to spend hours on Beehive Bedlam! Wow that was so many years ago...

You can play it here http://games.sky.com/play-beehive-bedlam :biggrin:
Reply 7
yes,i do
Reply 8
Broders, ye'r a legend! Pity I can't get my fix elsewhere though. It's not as fun unless I'm infuriating others!
Reply 9
I loveeedddd Beehive Bedlam and Bumble Tumble, sorting the baby bees out :P haha
Reply 10
I was depressed for like a week when bumble tumble went :biggrin:

Original post by whyumadtho
So many memories... there was that ice pong game on PlayJam too. Does anyone remember its name?

Smash Twins! :biggrin:
Beehive Bedlam <3
Reply 12
Wasn't there battleships as well? That was ace!
Reply 13
/There was a game where you were in a mazish thing and had to escape or something, does anyone know what is was called? It's killing me!
Reply 14
Original post by ElMoro
/There was a game where you were in a mazish thing and had to escape or something, does anyone know what is was called? It's killing me!

That was King Tutti, you had to avoid mummies!

Battleships was ace too... til that too became pay-to-play :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by TotoMimo
That was King Tutti, you had to avoid mummies!

Battleships was ace too... til that too became pay-to-play :frown:

Oh, bumble tumble and king tutti how I miss them. :frown:
Reply 16
Ah, loved that game! Nostalgia.

I also loved doing the darts game on PlayJam but it wasn't long until they started charging extortionate prices :frown:
Wasn't there one where you had to move boxes into the right places? Was that corporal cluck?
Loved this game!

Was Bumble Tumble the one where you had to run away from something...I don't know, I just remember loving it.
Reply 19
Original post by countryfile
Loved this game!

Was Bumble Tumble the one where you had to run away from something...I don't know, I just remember loving it.

There were guards and you had to rescue the baby bees! My whole family used to play it together; it was tense!

Quick Reply

Latest