The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why are West Indies and Pakistan so bad at tests now it seems when a couple of years ago they used to be good/great.
Original post by Jackthevillain
Why are West Indies and Pakistan so bad at tests now it seems when a couple of years ago they used to be good/great.

The pitch seems pretty hard to bat on.
Reply 3982
Deccan might finaaly win a match !!
So how is everyone doing?
Is the Paki v WI on tv?

Yes, it's on TV and why would you say Paki to make it shorter. Either you're just racist and wanted to say Paki or you're a ****ing retard in thinking Paki is shorter then PAK which is the way it's written.

Original post by Captain Crash
How pissed off would you be if you were Riaz and Hafeez was chosen to open the bowling over you...

It's not that, it's that Smith guy can't handle Hafeez as he's dismissed him 6 times or something since the WC QF and it's almost a guaranteed wicket. Riaz is not an opening bowler anyway.
Come on Bishoo, sting them! :rofl:
Original post by TheProdigy2k9
Yes, it's on TV and why would you say Paki to make it shorter. Either you're just racist and wanted to say Paki or you're a ****ing retard in thinking Paki is shorter then PAK which is the way it's written.

haha LOL :tongue: nice point !
I guess on of the test matches between WI and India is on this pitch. Now, had Sehwag been playing, he probably would have made a huge impact on the game's result. But unfortunately he is not :frown:

I miss him already guys :cry2:
Reply 3987
C'mn Kochi!!
Original post by Rishabh95
I guess on of the test matches between WI and India is on this pitch. Now, had Sehwag been playing, he probably would have made a huge impact on the game's result. But unfortunately he is not :frown:

I miss him already guys :cry2:

I was looking forward to coming him to see against England, got tickets for the Edgbaston test match.

ANd Pakistan lost, ****ing terrible loss to Windies. Need a batting coach ASAP.
Sri Lanka have fought back somewhat in the second day's play at Uxbridge. Dilshan in the runs which I am sure will please the Sri Lankans a lot as he has a lot of responsibility to shoulder, guiding what will be a very experimental and young side in their test series against England.

Low scoring test match with West Indies and Pakistan but they can be the most entertaining. A typical Pakistan collapse and West Indies claim a brilliant win.
Reply 3990
ahem, a little something to liven this thread up...:dry::flute:

So Pakistan lose despite Ajmal picking up 11 of them..And Sammy out of all people picks up 5 :bebored:

Meanwhile, the key for SL would be Jayawardena, Sangakarra and Samaraweera (to an extent) though their bowling sure looks vulnerable. And I hear Graham Onions is back :nutcase:
Reply 3991
Onions :awesome:

I wouldn't think he'd get a bowl just yet though. Bresnan is out which hopefully means Finn will get a game at some point, although we'll almost definitely go Anderson, Broad and Tremlett as our first choice.
I just hope Ishant plays the ODIs against WI and be as awesome as he was once against Australia.

P.S. did any of you guys saw his 5 wicket haul in T20?
Reply 3993
Eng Lions vs Sri Lanka today, the Lions are 72-2 at lunch with James Taylor on 32 no.o. Ravi failed to contribute, what does everybody think about him? Is he overrated and should we be looking for other talent?
Original post by Choppyy
Eng Lions vs Sri Lanka today, the Lions are 72-2 at lunch with James Taylor on 32 no.o. Ravi failed to contribute, what does everybody think about him? Is he overrated and should we be looking for other talent?

I'd pick James Taylor a head of Bopara. He Looks a class act and averages 48 in 4 day cricket. I think they'll go with Bopara because I think they like a 5th bowling option
Come on Pakis beat West Indies.
Come on Pakis beat West Indies.

May I ask why you are supporting Pakistan?
Again, please don't say pakis.

The PCB *sighs*
Drop Afridi as Captain only to replace him with Misbah.
Original post by TheProdigy2k9
May I ask why you are supporting Pakistan?
Again, please don't say pakis.

The PCB *sighs*
Drop Afridi as Captain only to replace him with Misbah.

Because I dont really like black people and most the West Indies team is black.
I dont really see what the issue with saying pakis is.
Reply 3998
So Morgan is unbeaten on 156, think he's firmed his place in the side..feel kinda sad for Bopara though :frown:
Now all thats left to be seen is how Onions bowls :redface: Meanwhile, another Graham scores 196 from 130, with the last 100 off 23 balls and 16 sixes..:s-smilie:

And why on earth would somebody strip Afridi of the captaincy when the team's been doing well and, that its been helping Afridi to plug his retarded habits and play some responsible cricket :facepalm:

Because I dont really like black people and most the West Indies team is black.
I dont really see what the issue with saying pakis is.

You should go watch them Pirates this weekend, Jack :cool:
Pakistan are **** at tests.

Latest