The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Captain Crash
England absolutely tonking the the domestic sides in this tour so far. 367 for 4 from their innings (including a 53 ball 104 from Bairstow!) and kept Hyderabad to 115/9 after 35 overs, with Borthwick taking a 5for.

:eek:

Things aren't looking good for India.

Also considering the years we spent looking for a good aggressive wicketkeeper-batsman, we suddenly have three in the side!

India ended up win all three of their tour games against Kent, Leics and Surrey as well during their time in England, and then went on to continue their unfortunate 3-0 defeat.

The only player in the Hyderabad squad who has actually played in the IPL (and the IPL alone, is their captain, Ravi Teja). Otherwise, the other guys in the squad are completely unheard of.

However, it must be said that they were not winning anywhere as near as well as England did today.
Baristow though :adore: Killed the bowlers :teehee:
Love this quote from Cricinfo:

"Well, this all seems to be going to the script that the Indian fans predicted - the batsmen rack up loads of runs against an attack that is totally unable to exploit the conditions, and then the bowlers run through a side completely unequipped to handle quality spin on low slow turning pitches. Even the team's second-string players will be too good for what is put in front of them, and will comprehensively rout the opposition. Have I got that right? Oh, wait..."

:biggrin:
Love this quote from Cricinfo:

"Well, this all seems to be going to the script that the Indian fans predicted - the batsmen rack up loads of runs against an attack that is totally unable to exploit the conditions, and then the bowlers run through a side completely unequipped to handle quality spin on low slow turning pitches. Even the team's second-string players will be too good for what is put in front of them, and will comprehensively rout the opposition. Have I got that right? Oh, wait..."

:biggrin:

LOL why have you been negged twice for that?
Anyway, anybody following the court case of the 'spot fixers'?
Very interesting and not just because they're Pakistan players.
Reply 7983
Original post by bleedblue.
OMFG! :shock:
One of the best T20 chases EVER! S.Aus tried really hard, Tait was amazing, but RCB

We won without something big from Gayle :smile: Instead my baby made 70 :woo: He hit 6 sixes, and 4 fours :eek: But he's injured his thumb :frown:

Chasing down 215, I genuinely thought one Gayle was gone, that it would be unlikely :smile:

SO HAPPY :dance:

He's improved in T20's soooo much :heart:

However, Dilli and the tailenders played a crucial role too. I fully love Arun Karthik now :L Once Vettori was gone, I was like, NO WAY! 6 needed off the last ball with two tailenders at the crease....really?

No need for apology, I'm on cloud nine :laugh: Rep is appreciated though :biggrin:

Want a Mumbai vs RCB final :wink:
:

I know I'm extremely late...

but muhahaha, MI made RCB wipe the floor clean and lick their boots for them :biggrin: In other words they were outplayed. Didn't know they could pull of that win without a decent amount of runs on the board. But once again, if Gayle and Dilshan don't play well, RCB will collapse. Good final but comfortable for MI once Gayle got out.

Onwards for this Friday now.
Original post by TheProdigy2k9
LOL why have you been negged twice for that?

Thrice now. I'm guessing bitter India fans.
Original post by Kaz310
I know I'm extremely late...

but muhahaha, MI made RCB wipe the floor clean and lick their boots for them :biggrin: In other words they were outplayed. Didn't know they could pull of that win without a decent amount of runs on the board. But once again, if Gayle and Dilshan don't play well, RCB will collapse. Good final but comfortable for MI once Gayle got out.

Onwards for this Friday now.

Yeah well, RCB are kinda the new 'chokers' I guess. They did well to restrict MI, but then fecked up the run chase.

The wicket did get slower, and MI had the advantage by batting first, but RCB threw their wickets away. First up I think Dilli got over-confident, tried to smack a Malinga yorker for four, after his first over went for 11 (which was bloody stupid, as Dilli should know the role he needed to play for RCB, knowing how fragile their line up is!). I knew Gayle was gonna flop, just 'cos he always has on the Chepauk wicket! Done by spin AGAIN! (first Ashwin in the IPL final, then Bhajji)

Hey if Virat, Gayle or Dilli don't score big runs, RCB lose!

Virat really messed things up though. He got impatient, when he should have stuck around and tried to just rotate the strike, they were only chasing 140, and they 40 by the 5th over!

RCB didn't deserve to win, 'cos MI had performances from almost EVERY player in each of their games in the tournament! Plus I'm really happy for good ol' Bhajji :bhangra:

Barring Gayle, Dilli and Virat, RCB have NO batting line up (the Mallya's paid a whopping 1.6mil for Tiwary and he's done **** all for RCB!), Agarwal hasn't proved himself yet either, and then the batting ends!

Comfortable for MI when VIRAT got out! :tongue:

Yup, don't give a damn about the CLT20 compared to the upcoming India vs Eng series!

Apologies for the rant :blush:

Barring Gayle, Dilli and Virat, RCB have NO batting line up (the Mallya's paid a whopping 1.6mil for Tiwary and he's done **** all for RCB!), Agarwal hasn't proved himself yet either, and then the batting ends!

They also have no bowling lineup, which doesn't help.
They also have no bowling lineup, which doesn't help.

True. So much to rant about for RCB, thought I'd said enough about their faults. They just got lucky with Gayle. They aren't a team really. Teams don't rely solely on a few players. What's the point of having the other 7-8 guys...
Thrice now. I'm guessing bitter India fans.

LOL, I know. Can't argue so just do that haha.
Reply 7989
Yeah well, RCB are kinda the new 'chokers' I guess. They did well to restrict MI, but then fecked up the run chase.

The wicket did get slower, and MI had the advantage by batting first, but RCB threw their wickets away. First up I think Dilli got over-confident, tried to smack a Malinga yorker for four, after his first over went for 11 (which was bloody stupid, as Dilli should know the role he needed to play for RCB, knowing how fragile their line up is!). I knew Gayle was gonna flop, just 'cos he always has on the Chepauk wicket! Done by spin AGAIN! (first Ashwin in the IPL final, then Bhajji)

Hey if Virat, Gayle or Dilli don't score big runs, RCB lose!

Virat really messed things up though. He got impatient, when he should have stuck around and tried to just rotate the strike, they were only chasing 140, and they 40 by the 5th over!

RCB didn't deserve to win, 'cos MI had performances from almost EVERY player in each of their games in the tournament! Plus I'm really happy for good ol' Bhajji :bhangra:

Comfortable for MI when VIRAT got out! :tongue:

Yup, don't give a damn about the CLT20 compared to the upcoming India vs Eng series!

Apologies for the rant :blush:

It's not MI fault that RCB threw their wickets away. IMO Bhaji bowled like a world class bowler. He kept it simple and wicket to wicket with turn. Gayle struggled against him and I'm not sure if that wicket was correct decision or not but he deserved it.

But you're right. Was a tad bit scared when Dilshan was putting away Malinga for boundaries in the first over. I thought he was for sure get a big score. But its his own fault. Mind you, he was entitled to hit big. It was actually Virat who ruined it for you guys when the big hits weren't needed. So blame him :tongue:

Its clear though. If any team can get them 3 out cheaply then, quickly, RCB will collapse. Tiwary is rubbish. Too many swings and misses. He always looks nervous too. How he played alongside Virat Kohli at under 19 level I have no idea. Would love to see what he did that was so good to get recognised.

Overall, MI OUTPLAYED RCB. Not win due to a poor performance from RCB. Malinga got dilshan with a stunner which turned the game. So Malinga was the match winner in hindsight. Bhaji just then cleaned up the shaky lower order.

PS. Indias seamers. Why???!!! Why Vinay Kumar!! They better play Varun Aaron!
Original post by Kaz310
It's not MI fault that RCB threw their wickets away. IMO Bhaji bowled like a world class bowler. He kept it simple and wicket to wicket with turn. Gayle struggled against him and I'm not sure if that wicket was correct decision or not but he deserved it.

But you're right. Was a tad bit scared when Dilshan was putting away Malinga for boundaries in the first over. I thought he was for sure get a big score. But its his own fault. Mind you, he was entitled to hit big. It was actually Virat who ruined it for you guys when the big hits weren't needed. So blame him :tongue:

Its clear though. If any team can get them 3 out cheaply then, quickly, RCB will collapse. Tiwary is rubbish. Too many swings and misses. He always looks nervous too. How he played alongside Virat Kohli at under 19 level I have no idea. Would love to see what he did that was so good to get recognised.

Overall, MI OUTPLAYED RCB. Not win due to a poor performance from RCB. Malinga got dilshan with a stunner which turned the game. So Malinga was the match winner in hindsight. Bhaji just then cleaned up the shaky lower order.

PS. Indias seamers. Why???!!! Why Vinay Kumar!! They better play Varun Aaron!

Yeah, never said MI did anything wrong, blatantly RCB's fault.

OMG yeah, Gayle wasn't even out...he's huuuuge guy and had taken a large stride out as he faced the ball, hawkeye suggested the ball would just clip the top of off stump (and there aren't any guarantees as to how accurate the technology even is...but that's a different matter!)

Yeah was Dilli's fault, the guy knows Malinga personally and he should know he's LETHAL with those bloody yorkers! Plus, it's not as if they were chasing 200+ again where 10 an over was NEEDED to keep up with the run-rate! Dilli is also a senior player :angry:

Yeah, Virat did feck it up, but...he got them into the final...it cannot be the same players owning the stage every game!

Ha, I know right. Tiwary has always pissed me off. He's just a lazy fatso :angry: But apparantly he was a big hitter at some stage of his career. He must have done SOMETHING for RCB to play $1.6 mil for him!!! Think he played well for Mumbai in the earlier seasons?

Yeah, bowling and fielding of MI won 'em the game, alongside the stupidity of RCB's top and middle order!

Aaron should be given a game at least....
Reply 7991

Yeah, never said MI did anything wrong, blatantly RCB's fault.

OMG yeah, Gayle wasn't even out...he's huuuuge guy and had taken a large stride out as he faced the ball, hawkeye suggested the ball would just clip the top of off stump (and there aren't any guarantees as to how accurate the technology even is...but that's a different matter!)

Yeah was Dilli's fault, the guy knows Malinga personally and he should know he's LETHAL with those bloody yorkers! Plus, it's not as if they were chasing 200+ again where 10 an over was NEEDED to keep up with the run-rate! Dilli is also a senior player :angry:

Yeah, Virat did feck it up, but...he got them into the final...it cannot be the same players owning the stage every game!

Ha, I know right. Tiwary has always pissed me off. He's just a lazy fatso :angry: But apparantly he was a big hitter at some stage of his career. He must have done SOMETHING for RCB to play $1.6 mil for him!!! Think he played well for Mumbai in the earlier seasons?

Yeah, bowling and fielding of MI won 'em the game, alongside the stupidity of RCB's top and middle order!

Aaron should be given a game at least....

Yeah but to be fair, the ball kept low and then hit the pad, regardless of the big stride forward. If you watch it again just from the umpires view, it looked plumb. I don;t think he would have had the perception of him striding forward to judge and call it. Only from the front. But Gayle was struggling in that over.
Very true though, other players needed to step up. But Virat knew himself that the wieght was on his shoulders after dilshan and gayle left.

No idea about Tiwary. He scored alot of runs though. He used to open. I got all excited when I first heard of him 2 years ago and scored loads of runs. So I watched him once, and looked very nervous in his innings. And now he has gone fat like you said LOL. With a hairy chin he should shave. And maybe a hair cut.

Can't wait for Friday. Samit Patel is going to love all the pani puri he will be given. I think he must be coming for all the food rather than the cricket.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kaz310
Yeah but to be fair, the ball kept low and then hit the pad, regardless of the big stride forward. If you watch it again just from the umpires view, it looked plumb. I don;t think he would have had the perpection of him striding forward to call it. Only from the front. But Gayle was struggling in that over.
Very true though, other players needed to step up. But Virat knew himself that the wieght was on his shoulders after dilshan and gayle left.

No idea about Tiwary. He scored alot of runs though. He used to open. I got all excited when I first heard of him 2 years ago and scored loads of runs. So I watched him once, and looked very nervous in his innings. And now he has gone fat like you said LOL. With a hairy chin he should shave. And maybe a hair cut.

Can't wait for Friday. Samit Patel is going to love all the pani puri he will be given. I think he must be coming for all the food rather than the cricket.

I guess, but still...:frown:
Yeah, Virat got impatient. Such an idiot, when he got out, RCB needed just over seven an over, all he needed to do was attempt to get singles, keep rotating strike. He must have gotten used to chasing such large totals! But he's only 22, he'll learn :wink:

Hahaha, not doubting his ability at SOME stage of his career but....he's been **** for RCB!

OMG, your love for Samit Patel :laugh: It's overwhelming! Ha, have a bad gut feeling again :frown: My gut feelings are ALWAYS right....
But yeah, soooper excited/nervous/panicking about friday :blush:
Reply 7993
Yeah, Virat got impatient. Such an idiot, when he got out, RCB needed just over seven an over, all he needed to do was attempt to get singles, keep rotating strike. He must have gotten used to chasing such large totals! But he's only 22, he'll learn :wink:

Hahaha, not doubting his ability at SOME stage of his career but....he's been **** for RCB!

OMG, your love for Samit Patel :laugh: It's overwhelming! Ha, have a bad gut feeling again :frown: My gut feelings are ALWAYS right....
But yeah, soooper excited/nervous/panicking about friday :blush:

Yeah he must have since hes probably tired of chasing girls, it had to be something else for a change. Of course he'll learn. He has to. The weight will be on him in about 5 years time. He'll lvoe that weight on his shoulders anyway. It suits his style.

And I have absolutely nothing to say to you about Samit Patel. LOL. Its not an obsession :P Tomorrow!! Looks like its going to be a laptop/tv afternoon once again. That's if there is going to be anyone on this thread to discuss it with.
Original post by Kaz310
Yeah he must have since hes probably tired of chasing girls, it had to be something else for a change. Of course he'll learn. He has to. The weight will be on him in about 5 years time. He'll lvoe that weight on his shoulders anyway. It suits his style.

And I have absolutely nothing to say to you about Samit Patel. LOL. Its not an obsession :P Tomorrow!! Looks like its going to be a laptop/tv afternoon once again. That's if there is going to be anyone on this thread to discuss it with.

Lol, you're hilarious :rolleyes: :laugh: Yeah well, he's got to develop, and he's improved a lot in the last 18 months/2 years, so yeah :woo:
He likes being important and to be relied upon, I guess...

Yeah 'course not :tongue: Got college tomorrow :frown: Match starts at 10, and my first lesson starts at 9:15 :frown: Will miss almost ALL of the match. Gonna try and hurry home :blush:

I never post on TSR during a game...well not usually anyways. I get too nervous that I'll curse the game :laugh:

Doubt there will be many to discuss with :L

Ironic that this is the ONLY thing that I rate about him, and he fails.
Reply 7996

Lol, you're hilarious :rolleyes: :laugh: Yeah well, he's got to develop, and he's improved a lot in the last 18 months/2 years, so yeah :woo:
He likes being important and to be relied upon, I guess...

Yeah 'course not :tongue: Got college tomorrow :frown: Match starts at 10, and my first lesson starts at 9:15 :frown: Will miss almost ALL of the match. Gonna try and hurry home :blush:

I never post on TSR during a game...well not usually anyways. I get too nervous that I'll curse the game :laugh:

Doubt there will be many to discuss with :L

Oh damn you! On my ones then it is! Infact it only ever used to be you and avatarguy I used to talk about cricket with. But that guy has gone AWOL on us. Must be loving his uni too much. Also I almost forgot I'm not even at home tomorrow LOL I too have uni. But I'll probably be back by the time Virat Kohli leads India to their first victory.
Haha yeah you have that odd way of jinxing the match. I remember you did it once in the summer.
Original post by Straight up G
Ironic that this is the ONLY thing that I rate about him, and he fails.

What, that he rotates strike well? And yes, you've made it pretty damn clear there is hardly anything that you rate Virat for!

Original post by Kaz310
Oh damn you! On my ones then it is! Infact it only ever used to be you and avatarguy I used to talk about cricket with. But that guy has gone AWOL on us. Must be loving his uni too much. Also I almost forgot I'm not even at home tomorrow LOL I too have uni. But I'll probably be back by the time Virat Kohli leads India to their first victory.
Haha yeah you have that odd way of jinxing the match. I remember you did it once in the summer.

Sorry, I love cricket, and India, and Virat and Dhoni and Raina and Praveen etc, but my education is the priority :woo: :laugh:
Ha, well people get busy...life moves on :smile:

Are you deliberately trying to curse him? :frown: Forget Virat doing well....we just NEED to win. Our bowlers man :facepalm:

I know right! I'm a bloody 'panauti' :cry:

What, that he rotates strike well? And yes, you've made it pretty damn clear there is hardly anything that you rate Virat for!

Yes, he's reasonable at keeping the scoreboard ticking. Not exactly in the Yousuf league of eeking out singles at every possible opportunity, but he's decent.

Quite a lot of cricket coming up, odd for this time of year really. Also, does anyone know why only Butt and Asif are being charged by the CPS and not Amir as well?
Original post by Straight up G
Yes, he's reasonable at keeping the scoreboard ticking. Not exactly in the Yousuf league of eeking out singles at every possible opportunity, but he's decent.

Quite a lot of cricket coming up, odd for this time of year really. Also, does anyone know why only Butt and Asif are being charged by the CPS and not Amir as well?

Dunno but I guess its because he admitted to it or maybe it was because of his age :s-smilie:

Latest