The Student Room Group

C1 hard for everyone?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by miscellaneous123
Ah well, at least it was only a mock! On the real exam I was having trouble verifying the distance between 2 co-ordinates.....

Yeah, still embarrassing though. My teacher looked very amused as she pointed it out to me... :colondollar:

Unlucky. :/

I still don't know where I lost marks on the January exam, I think it may have been on a graph question where I did it wrong, realised then did it correctly. However, there was not much space left to do the correct thing, so I wrote it really small and missed out a few lines of working. Actually that was probably it...
Original post by Maths_Lover

Essentially OP, as someone doing it this year, it is not supposed to be difficult any year. It doesn't change in difficulty, and it's intended to be a very easy module to ease you into AS Mathematics. The people who are struggling with it that you know should probably not carry it through to A2, in all seriousness.
Original post by Circadian_Rhythm
I think they might be shi*ting you.

Oh you sneaky beast! I clicked the link in your sig! FOOL. DAMN FOOL I AM. :wink:
Well I've just started my maths tutoring and it seems o.k so far... I'm going to try and learn C1, C2 and M1 by September so when I do my AS, I absolutely smash it and hopefully get 90%+!
Original post by chai wallah
Oh you sneaky beast! I clicked the link in your sig! FOOL. DAMN FOOL I AM. :wink:

As you can see from the rep, a lot of people have haha :wink:
Reply 105
Original post by King-Panther
How many of you are doing AS maths this year?? As I mentioned before, people I know are finding it difficult this year, is this the case every year and going of the smart ass comments its not.

I'm doing OCR maths this year, and the exam for C1 was not hard, I got a good result in it and so did most of my peers
Original post by tateco
I'm doing OCR maths this year, and the exam for C1 was not hard, I got a good result in it and so did most of my peers

O.k, thats good to hear, the guys I know must not have revised hard enough.
Reply 107
SO EASY. Try C3 and core4. Then you'll find out what maths is
Laugh out loud.
Most people (some of whom are taking further maths) I have spoken found C1 hard, whether that be OCR or Edexcel. Is that a one of or is this the case every year?

C1 was easy (I took it with AQA, not OCR or Edexcel). Apparently M2 is the hardest applied paper :/ gah.
Reply 110
When I was doing C1 I didn't find it especially easy, though not insanely challenging either.
You'll realise after battling your way through the syllabus for C1 for the first time that it will eventually start making sense when the time for revision comes around (hopefully). When you start on C3/C4, you may look back on C1 again and notice just how all of it slots into place and for lack of a better word, just how simple it is.
Likewise when you're done with C3/C4 and move on to more advanced things, you'll look back at C3/C4 and realise just how simple that is as well.

Don't be disheartened by people claiming things to be easy, especially when they are a good year or two ahead of where you are.
I've began studying for my C1 (AS maths) next September and so far, I must say it is very simple (well at least for me).
It is ridiculous that C1 is part of A-level maths. It should be much harder really.

Most people (some of whom are taking further maths) I have spoken found C1 hard, whether that be OCR or Edexcel. Is that a one of or is this the case every year?

Are you joking? It's core...number 1....it doesn't get easier than that. Btw I got full marks :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Legen...dary!!
Are you joking? It's core...number 1....it doesn't get easier than that. Btw I got full marks :smile:

That is something I'm going be aiming for myself, I want to get 95%+ in my A level. I was told by a few people doing it this year thats its a bit hard, now that I've begun my revision for myself, I thinks its very easy.
I at first found c1 hard. I revised a lot for it ( done question from book sometimes, all home works set and all the past papers) and got 83%. First time round it isn't easy to get 100 percent. You'd have to put real effort it, get a decent paper and make no mistakes in the exam.

That is something I'm going be aiming for myself, I want to get 95%+ in my A level. I was told by a few people doing it this year thats its a bit hard, now that I've begun my revision for myself, I thinks its very easy.

It really is don't fret :smile: I kinda miss it now haha...Anyways gd luck (even though you won't need it)!!
Original post by kaosu_souzousha
1. Past Papers + Solomon papers
2. Finished?
3. go to step 1 and repeat

Excuse my ignorance, but what are Solomon papers?
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Excuse my ignorance, but what are Solomon papers?

Solomon Press produces advanced exam preparation papers for Edexcel maths and further maths syllabuses which are significantly harder than the actual exam. The logic is if you can finish these papers, then the actual exam is piss easy.

example of C4 solomon papers:

Spoiler

I left my revision quite late, but I just went through all the papers that a could and managed to JUST get an A (literally by 2 marks). As long as you practice you'll be fine, but as I went along in the exam, I knew where I'd lost marks because I didn't answer those annoyingly worded questions. There's always those annoying questions but if you know the methods/formulas you can't really go wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest