The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Am I competitive for LSE Language Culture and Society or any other of those courses?

Hello, I am an international student and my dream course is language culture and society at LSE, I would pick the Mandaring language track. The course is really selective according to its website they make 1 offer for every 10 applicants

Their grade requirements are AAB

My subjects and predicted grades areSpanish A* Psychology A* French A Business A

As for my supercurricular activities -I hold C2 certificates in French, Italian and a C1 one in Spanish

-I speak8 languages fluently (including my mother tongue, i learnt the others on my own

-One of the youngest members of a world polyglot association one needs to prove C1 fluency in 7 languages to be accepted

-I was a volunteer at a polyglot gathering event with 400 participants I translated the events website into Italian

-I conducted seminars on efficient language learning in my school it reached 100 students in total

My Spanish teacher who adores me will write my rec so it will be great

Is this profile in any way competitive for this course at LSE? Aren't my grades too low? It's LSE after all so everyone will have straigt A*s there

I will also apply for Chinese/German language studies joint degree at St andrews

Modern languages at Warwick

Modern languages at Kings college

Idk maybe sth at UCL but i am not sure yet and am open to any suggestions

I'd love to study sth Mandarin related in London coz i'd live with my gf there but cool unis like UCL or Kings dont offer mandarin courses :/// Im open to suggestions
Original post by Qba69
Hello, I am an international student and my dream course is language culture and society at LSE, I would pick the Mandaring language track. The course is really selective according to its website they make 1 offer for every 10 applicants

My subjects and predicted grades areSpanish A* Psychology A* French A Business A

As for my supercurricular activities -I hold C2 certificates in French, Italian and a C1 one in Spanish

-I speak8 languages fluently (including my mother tongue, i learnt the others on my own

-One of the youngest members of a world polyglot association one needs to prove C1 fluency in 7 languages to be accepted

-I was a volunteer at a polyglot gathering event with 400 participants I translated the events website into Italian

-I conducted seminars on efficient language learning in my school it reached 100 students in total

Is this profile in any way competitive for this course at LSE? Aren't my grades too low? It's LSE after all so everyone will have straigt A*s there

I will also apply for Chinese/German language studies joint degree at St andrews

I'd love to study sth Mandarin related in London coz i'd live with my gf there but cool unis like UCL or Kings dont offer mandarin courses :/// Im open to suggestions

That’s amazing! You should 100% go for it. Not everyone who goes to LSE will have straight A*s, and I think your grades are definitely good enough. All that experience with different languages would really make you stand out of the applicants. Pity that you didn’t go for Oxbridge though haha. I have also applied for the same course at LSE but I’m going for the German one. For reference I went for Oxford, St. Andrews, Edinburgh, LSE and UCL to do German sole, Best of luck to you!!!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Qba69

Wow! Amazing achievements, did you get in to LSE?
Original post by God of oranges
That’s amazing! You should 100% go for it. Not everyone who goes to LSE will have straight A*s, and I think your grades are definitely good enough. All that experience with different languages would really make you stand out of the applicants. Pity that you didn’t go for Oxbridge though haha. I have also applied for the same course at LSE but I’m going for the German one. For reference I went for Oxford, St. Andrews, Edinburgh, LSE and UCL to do German sole, Best of luck to you!!!

Hey how did you do? What was your final choice ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending