Turn on thread page Beta

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II watch

ReputationRep:

By far my favourite.

(Original post by Dalek1099)
    I didn't think Avatar was too good 8/10 and I only really think things got action packed towards the end and the plot was stupid of humans trying to steal aliens's planet.Why not let the aliens be vicious and a bit more CGI animated?-they didn't look that good for CGI or that alien because aliens shouldn't resemble humans in any way should they?
    Out of interest, why not? :holmes:

Also, how good is good? What score would you give to films that are not so good or downright bad? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Transformers is obviously 10/10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    Transformers is obviously 10/10.
    obviously.

We all know the real reason Avatar was successful was because Cameron duped the audience into thinking it would be about that bald guy from the anime series.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    We all know the real reason Avatar was successful was because Cameron duped the audience into thinking it would be about that bald guy from the anime series.
    M. Night Shymalamalan did the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoGo HoPz)
    http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=33999

That's good to know. I do hope Clive Owen will be returning to it as well, though. Fingers crossed, eh? :crossedf:
    Awesome. Can't wait for this.

ReputationRep:
    ooooooooooh.

Looks good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo-Amin)
    Jackie Chan has announced he is retiring from action films.

http://news.moviefone.com/2012/05/18...8.html?_r=true

I hope to see the real acting side he speaks of come to light in future works but for now, let's appreciate the legend among men:

awful news.... shame, liked him in like all his stuff

Doesn't look too bad. :holmes:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-uwtwd07D0

Creepy

ReputationRep:
    That has the feeling of an something monumentally good.

And that right there is my most anticipated film of the year. Been waiting for further news on it for ages now; thanks for that. :excited:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    That has the feeling of an something monumentally good.

It's certainly the most interesting trailer I've seen in a while, if only because it's unrevealing and very unsettling (probably because of the 'sirs', the music and the simple fact of Joaquin Phoenix). Really looking forward to it though. I keep overlooking Paul Thomas Anderson whenever those 'favourite director' threads keep cropping up and I can't think of a single reason why, because every film he's made from Boogie Nights onwards has been excellent.

(Original post by Abiraleft)
    And that right there is my most anticipated film of the year. Been waiting for further news on it for ages now; thanks for that. :excited:

I'd put it second after Batman, but that's just my fanboy tendencies overriding logic.

ReputationRep:
    Just watched Corpse Bride.

Enjoyable film. Would be fair to say that it's funnier than The Nightmare Before Christmas, but as a whole I don't think it's as good. Still a solid 7/10 though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    Just watched Corpse Bride.

Enjoyable film. Would be fair to say that it's funnier than The Nightmare Before Christmas, but as a whole I don't think it's as good. Still a solid 7/10 though.
    I actually enjoyed it more than A Nightmare before Christmas. I don't know why, but it sometimes reminds me of that Wallace and gromit movie, Curse of the Were-Rabbit. :lolwut: Please don't ask me why.

It's a really good film though, isn't it?

What happened to the Artemis Fowl film that was supposed to be in adapted as a film? This was back 4 or 5 years ago but I've heard nothing of it since. It has a lot of potential if adapted correctly (ie not another Percy Jackson, Golden Compass or Eragon).

ReputationRep:
    What happened to the Artemis Fowl film that was supposed to be in adapted as a film? This was back 4 or 5 years ago but I've heard nothing of it since. It has a lot of potential if adapted correctly (ie not another Percy Jackson, Golden Compass or Eragon).
    I've been reading the books again while my exams have been going on (because I don't like to think too much about other things during periods of stress), and I've been mulling over the idea of them as a film. I love the books (mostly), I think the concept behind them is absolutely brilliant. But it does not work on a visual level. If you show me a twelve-year old bossing around bodyguards and smart-talking everyone and having business meetings and generally being the smartest guy ever, there is no possible way I'm going to buy into that. and there is no possible way a kid would be able to act that role without coming across as either obnoxiously precocious or far too naïve. It just couldn't turn out well.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.