The Student Room Group

The FIFA Gaming Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by metalthrashin'mad
I play FIFA 10 on PS3 all the time, but it is really starting to frustrate me. If I go 2-0 up 3/4 times the opponent will pause the game at kick off then it says "connection with your oponent has been lost". I know this isn't a genuine connection problem because of how consistent it is with the whole going 2-0 up thing. Sometimes there are genuine connection problems, if there's lag all through the game, the opponent is winning well and suchlike.

It isn't that often I manage to win games, or go up so it is annoying that i can never finish a game as soon as I start winning. Why are people such sore losers that they can't finish a game when they are losing? Have they never seen football, and epic comebacks? I throw away leads all the time and it just frustrates me I can't finish a game.

I get bored of playing the CPU because you can predict what they are going to do all the time, and I don't have any friends who are into football AND like Fifa AND have a PS3, so I can't play them. I just want to play a full game of FIFA, whether I win or lose the match

PSN name is johngebreadman, for anyone who wants a few games sometime, don't have 11 though as I am way too cheap, and its's not long till 12 anyway

Yeah addressing the first para, all it is, is the opponent leaving the game.
Original post by Gob Bluth
Thoughts on the fifa 15 demo?

I like it from what i've seen of it

Having had a good while with it I think it's really excellent. The ball physics, especially with passing and shooting, are superb and pretty near lifelike. The presentation is beautiful, the heading and chip through balls seem less OP now. I'm really enjoying it it really feels like a sim of real football.

The only issues are though, goalkeepers who are super human when shooting from long range and sometimes make some weird mistakes. Keepers are the main issue they really need to be fixed. Also I feel like dribbling is a bit OP in this game, you can very easily dribble though a whole defence, even on world class, and it's to stop. Could be an exploit online one that could be really annoying, maybe the new chip through ball.

Overall though I'm loving it, think they've made a lot of forward steps and really are moving to a true football sim.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gave Fifa 15 Demo a try but its like......Ping Pong :tongue:

PES 2015 ftw :biggrin:
The game plays like PES now but knowing EA the fully released version will be alot easier

I dont care to be honest, FIFA and BF4 are the only games i play so im definately going to buy FIFA 15

Posted from TSR Mobile
Didn't really like the demo (just like every year) although i'll still probably end up getting the game. Hopefully the full game is slower and isn't as 'arcade-ish'.
Not played the demo but... The sooner those LB+Y balls are less OP, the better. And yeah, less arcade like in general. Headers don't bother me too much but there is an issue there. Pace needs to toned down ever so slightly, and something needs to be done about people who press the living daylight out of you. Would like to have seen more formations but that wasn't to be this year, although the new links are a nice touch. I don't see the point in having CAM and CF as a different position in FUT, when CF is used in only two formations. Also, and to a much lesser extent, differentiating wingers and wide mids. I keep having that debate with myself but never come to a conclusion. Even wing backs and wide mids. For example, if you wanted to do a Man Utd XI and wanted Valencia and Shaw as wingbacks, that wouldn't be possible (well you could just put Valencia in that position but it might affect chemistry).
who remembers this guy?
Would anyone like to take place in an inter-Uni xbox FIFA tournament on the 25th?? Its a good way of saying goodbye to FIFA14 before 15 is out! If anyone's interested let me know
After playing both the demo's, by far PES 15 > Fifa 15.....The king is back :cool:
Need the web app now...
Happy web apps up and running. Managed to make two silver teams, one Liga BBVA and the other Ligue 1 with 80k spare. Highly recommend people to grab Boucher and Barbosa, both keepers who are cheap on playstation but im sure will atleast triple once game is out.
Original post by TRYTOREADME
Happy web apps up and running. Managed to make two silver teams, one Liga BBVA and the other Ligue 1 with 80k spare. Highly recommend people to grab Boucher and Barbosa, both keepers who are cheap on playstation but im sure will atleast triple once game is out.

you highly recommend us players that you have price fixed? Pathetic :rolleyes:
This is an obvious thing. I have seen in many games where opponent team vanishes the game when they are loosing. You can't do anything except changing the game.
Nope mate. You can check for yourself. Three different sellers of Barbosa. Don't know how you can accuse me of price fixing. Price fixers hike up the price to above 5k. Both players still below that. Sorry if you thought I was doing such a thing but i'm not.
I bought EA access so I could play FIFA 15 early and it is so much better than 14!! PES 15 will be no where near FIFA 15.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got any news on the Career Mode?

Posted from TSR Mobile
First post in about 18 months on this site:

Hated FIFA 14 UT mode with a passion, but then so did everyone with the ridiculous through balls and the like, though I had a pretty successful Greek/Greek League side (4-3-3 2CM CAM) that was able to exploit the pace and shooting of Stoch and Campbell on the counter attack:

Roberto

LeandroSalino - Manolas(TOTY) - Sokratis - Holebas

Maniatis - PauloMachado

Christodoulopoulos

Campbell - Salpingidis(TOTW) - Stoch

Using the FUT15 web app and gone for a Turkish side to start with, looking at the same formation with:

Muslera

Gonul - Franco - ManuelDaCosta - Erkin

Inan - Felipe Melo

Sneijder

Viudez - Emenike - Bruma

Haven't got all of those players yet, but I think I'll probably be employing the same tactics as last time, only struggles against teams who play 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1.
Original post by ineedaspacebar
I bought EA access so I could play FIFA 15 early and it is so much better than 14!! PES 15 will be no where near FIFA 15.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm assuming you have played both the demo's? If you have, you wouldn't make that statement.
Original post by jit987
I'm assuming you have played both the demo's? If you have, you wouldn't make that statement.

I have played FIFA 15 demo aswell as the full game. I have also played the PES demo. PES had okay game play but I much preferred FIFA's gameplay. Fifa also has ultimate team which is why I much, much prefer FIFA. My original statement still stands.
Original post by ZSHNZ
Anyone got any news on the Career Mode?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's the same as last year, no changes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest