The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele Freshers Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Stokiealex
Thank you! Okay cool, so only a couple of weeks then :smile: I sent mine in last Saturday...so about a week ago. I was just wondering how long it typically takes. Congratulations on getting accepted, I'm so jealous :L Yeah, I'm from the US, so luckily I don't have to worry about learning English :wink: ...And I'm guessing by the flag that your from Lithuania?? or I'm just completely wrong about that lol. Also, just out of curiosity, did Keele ever send you an email acknowledging that they'd recieved your application? Because every other school that I applied to did that...so I'm starting to worry about Keele...

Nop I didn't recieve a letter from Keele.I was really surpised when they offered me a place.I was looking for a letter ,because i got one from UEA and Essex that they are considering my application now.Scottish universities are in deep silence :biggrin: non of them let me know that they got mine application.
Yeah good for you.I need to take IELTS exam before going to university,it is one of condition to get trough.Oh im so stressed nowadays..
Yeah you are totaly right!!Im from Lithuania :smile:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 61
Original post by ajira
hello everybody. Im an international student and this university have offered me a place law and politics.I would be very happy to talk with anyone who are also applied or thinking about it :smile: I need to improve my English language skills :smile: thank you!

Hi :smile: I have applied to Keele to do Adult Nursing :smile:
Also this website - www.livemocha.com
Is very good for learning languages :smile:
If you need further help with English, I can help you?
Reply 62
Original post by LaEstrella
Hi :smile: I have applied to Keele to do Adult Nursing :smile:
Also this website - www.livemocha.com
Is very good for learning languages :smile:
If you need further help with English, I can help you?

The best lessons are conversations with native speakers :smile: I would love to keep in touch if you don't mind :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by ajira
The best lessons are conversations with native speakers :smile: I would love to keep in touch if you don't mind :smile:

Not a problem :smile: I'd be happy to help :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by ajira
Nop I didn't recieve a letter from Keele.I was really surpised when they offered me a place.I was looking for a letter ,because i got one from UEA and Essex that they are considering my application now.Scottish universities are in deep silence :biggrin: non of them let me know that they got mine application.
Yeah good for you.I need to take IELTS exam before going to university,it is one of condition to get trough.Oh im so stressed nowadays..
Yeah you are totaly right!!Im from Lithuania :smile:

Thank you, I'll stop worrying now :smile: Is Keele your top choice? And what uni's in Scotland did you apply to? That's too bad about having to take IELTS...:/ I'm sure you'll do fine though, how long have you been studying English? That's so cool that you're from there! What made you want to study in England?
I've got my offer :biggrin: Biochemistry and Neuroscience for me!
Need to go and visit before I make any choices though! :biggrin:
Thank you! Okay cool, so only a couple of weeks then :smile: I sent mine in last Saturday...so about a week ago. I was just wondering how long it typically takes. Congratulations on getting accepted, I'm so jealous :L Yeah, I'm from the US, so luckily I don't have to worry about learning English :wink: ...And I'm guessing by the flag that your from Lithuania?? or I'm just completely wrong about that lol. Also, just out of curiosity, did Keele ever send you an email acknowledging that they'd recieved your application? Because every other school that I applied to did that...so I'm starting to worry about Keele...

I didn't get a email or letter or anything! But they made me an offer :biggrin: So don't worry, relax and UCAS will get in touch with you! :smile:
Reply 67
Thank you, I'll stop worrying now :smile: Is Keele your top choice? And what uni's in Scotland did you apply to? That's too bad about having to take IELTS...:/ I'm sure you'll do fine though, how long have you been studying English? That's so cool that you're from there! What made you want to study in England?

Honestly it's my last choice,I added it as an insurance choice,but this uni offered me a place firstly :biggrin: My firm choice is University of East Anglia.They have my dream course law with american law.Im looking forward because i got a letter from them in November 6th,i know some people who got offers already,unfortunately im still waiting.Im just worrying maybe they are not interested in me..I also applied to Dundee and Aberdeen these are Scotland universities.I have been studying english since I was 7 years old. But im not using English intensivly so it does have big influence for my knowledge of English.Well honestly why i choosed studies in UK,was my big desire to explore new country,culture.But nowadays Lithuania's economy getting lower and lower,universities doesn't have good facilities,living is very expensive,rude people,and nowadays lithuanian market doesn't need lawyers so then i realised that i want to leave this country and try to open blank page in my life :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Hello everybody !! I'm from pakistan and i've been offered a place in keele .. It is an unconditional offer !!
Reply 69
Original post by brokenlogic18
Does anyone know if at Keele your first year marks count towards your final degree classification? I know at some unis only the second and third years count.

First year doesnt count.
Reply 70
I'm applying for Computer Science :smile:
Reply 71
Original post by brokenlogic18
Does anyone know if at Keele your first year marks count towards your final degree classification? I know at some unis only the second and third years count.

They consider your first year marks as to whether you get the option of doing a term abroad, but that's it I think.
hey, I am applying for Keele!
Chemistry (Major) with Maths :smile:
I didn't go to see the campus, as this was my backup and missed the open day. So, how is the campus, etc? thanks :biggrin:
Reply 73
Original post by ajira
Honestly it's my last choice,I added it as an insurance choice,but this uni offered me a place firstly :biggrin: My firm choice is University of East Anglia.They have my dream course law with american law.Im looking forward because i got a letter from them in November 6th,i know some people who got offers already,unfortunately im still waiting.Im just worrying maybe they are not interested in me..I also applied to Dundee and Aberdeen these are Scotland universities.I have been studying english since I was 7 years old. But im not using English intensivly so it does have big influence for my knowledge of English.Well honestly why i choosed studies in UK,was my big desire to explore new country,culture.But nowadays Lithuania's economy getting lower and lower,universities doesn't have good facilities,living is very expensive,rude people,and nowadays lithuanian market doesn't need lawyers so then i realised that i want to leave this country and try to open blank page in my life :smile:

Ah fair enough, I'm still jealous you've already received an offer :smile: That's cool about UEA, I was thinking of applying there too, but ended up choosing not to. It seems like a nice uni though! Aberdeen is really nice, I visited the campus a few months ago and thought it was great :biggrin: I really wanted to apply in Scotland because the schools are awesome...but I didn't feel like paying 4 years of tuition for the same degree that I could get in 3 years in England or Wales. Wow that's a long time to be studying English, you seem to know it pretty well! I feel the same way, its always really nice to get out of the US because the people here are so incredibly rude, the universities are extremely overpriced, and the culture in the UK and Europe is so much more interesting and diverse.

Original post by mrsremuslupin
I didn't get a email or letter or anything! But they made me an offer :biggrin: So don't worry, relax and UCAS will get in touch with you! :smile:

Lol alright, will do :smile: Congrats on getting an offer!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 74
Got a conditional offer in History and Politics :smile:
Reply 75
Original post by rachaelizabeth
I'll most certainly be applying, because the campus is so beautiful and the maths programme is perfect!

i've applied for maths at keele too! i went down to look around yesterday and ended up in one of the maths professors' office chatting with him all about it for the best part of an hour. It sounded great and by the sounds of things they work quite closely with the students to make sure they're getting enough support. sounded good to me! :smile:
Reply 76
anyone applying for geoscience? ive sent my application, so waiting now :s
Reply 77
Original post by Superlucy
i've applied for maths at keele too!

:0! I'm applying for Maths as well! hopefully be my Firm/ Insurance if I get an offer!
I got an offer a couple of weeks ago, for Lit and Psychology (BBB). I'm hoping it'll make an insurance :biggrin:
Reply 79
I am going to apply to Chemistry(major) with forensic science. Haven't sent my application yet though :/ Still waiting for reference from my teacher, it's taking ages for her to upload it on the UCAS form. I am taking Keele as an insurance choice but the more i look at modules and the course it self the more i am thinking of taking it as my firm choice. Anyone else applying to similar course?

Quick Reply

Latest