The Student Room Group

Low ucat score

I've scored 2240 with a band 2.
My predicated grades are A*A*A
Which universities can I apply to?
(I'm an international student)
post your stats in the 'which medical school should I apply to' megathread and someone will reply quicker with advice! all the best x
Original post by aish9743
I've scored 2240 with a band 2.
My predicated grades are A*A*A
Which universities can I apply to?
(I'm an international student)

Honestly speaking, none. Well, none of the universities that take the ucat into consideration.
Reply 3
Call the less reputable universities like Aston or Keele
Original post by Catlova67

Keele has a cut off of 2280 pretty sure and medical school is medical school, everyone graduates with the same degree. Keele is actually ranked 9 in the country according to the guardian if your going to consider rankings and reputation. makes no difference which medical school you go to in the uk whether it be Oxford or Aston, you will still be a doctor at the very end
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 5

All medicine degrees in the UK are accredited. Therefore there is no "less reputable". Keele's medicine course in particular is well regarded in student rankings.

OP. You were given some good advice regarding the "which medical school" thread. I am afraid I dont know anything about international applications so cant assist.

Is the BMAT an option, or Buckingham which doesnt require BMAT or UCAT?

Good luck with your onward journey
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by marble arch
Keele has a cut off of 2280 pretty sure and medical school is medical school, everyone graduates with the same degree. Keele is actually ranked 9 in the country according to the guardian if your going to consider rankings and reputation. makes no difference which medical school you go to in the uk whether it be Oxford or Aston, you will still be a doctor at the very end

Where did i insinuate that it is not a good school for goodness sake. I’m trying to help. Due to its location it not popular, it is not a Russel group and they are more lenient as there medical classes are not always full every year, they can accept people in certain circumstances if they perform better in other aspects. A cut of 2280 is low. Most unis do not go that low. No need to do that much.
Edit- I also know people have gotten into clearing there but don’t bother then, seems like things have changed.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 7
Where did i insinuate that it is not a good school for goodness sake. I’m trying to help. Due to its location it not popular, it is not a Russel group and they are more lenient as there medical classes are not always full every year, they can accept people in certain circumstances if they perform better in other aspects. A cut of 2280 is low. Most unis do not go that low. No need to do that much.

Keele has 15 applicants to every place. More than twice as many as Cambridge and far more than Imperial, Birmingham, Oxford, Barts, UCL and they are full every year.
Russell Group means nothing at all for medicine.
Keele use their R&R form to shortlist, but you still need to meet their minimum requirements of A*AA at A level, 5 8/9s at GCSE and a UCAT of 2280. OP unfortuately has 2240, so does not make the minimum requirements. They do not waive requirements, nor can a performance in one area compensate for a lower one in another. All med schools sometimes admit people with a missed grade after results day, but unless WP, they do not accept lower grades at shortlisting stage.

r.GANFYD has kindly corrected the mistakes in your comment already and 1. Keele not being a Russel group is insignificant, med applicants apply to where they are most likely to get an interview, not on whether it’s a Russel group. 2. I can assure you right now that keele and many other med schools have full classes, with only a few getting in via the waiting list

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending