The Student Room Group

Which Famous People have you met

Scroll to see replies

Sarah Jessica Parker- New york last year, she was lovely but is tiiiiiiiny.

Kim Catrall- Was in an adaptation of Anthony & Cleopatra in Liverpool, and met her after the show. Lovely lady.

Gok Wan- honestly, not what I was expecting. He isn't the same in real life.
I've been in a musical directed by and featuring Russell Grant :smile: he gets a lot of stick in the papers and from people who haven't met him and think he's a diva and stuff but he's a lovely person and very encouraging to everyone, and very funny :smile:
Reply 862
Original post by tazarooni89
Arjen Robben

OMG , where did you meet him then?
Reply 863
jane Beale - was born and bred in Hamilton, every december she comes into my dads restaurant, where I work. :smile:

Paolo Nutini, in the streets of Glasgow.

The Wanted - /when they werent uber famous/ they were supporting the saturdays at the horse racing show.
Original post by hbk4894
OMG , where did you meet him then?

Yesterday at Wembley. It's not an amazing coincidental story really, I was just in the front row for the England vs Holland match and had a 10 second conversation when he came to collect the ball from the end of the pitch during the warm up.
Reply 865
Original post by tazarooni89
Yesterday at Wembley. It's not an amazing coincidental story really, I was just in the front row for the England vs Holland match and had a 10 second conversation when he came to collect the ball from the end of the pitch during the warm up.

alright , sounds good.
Reply 866
Original post by madders94
I've been in a musical directed by and featuring Russell Grant :smile: he gets a lot of stick in the papers and from people who haven't met him and think he's a diva and stuff but he's a lovely person and very encouraging to everyone, and very funny :smile:

just goes to show , you should never judge someone based on what you read about them.
Reply 867
Original post by ilovehobnobs
Sarah Jessica Parker- New york last year, she was lovely but is tiiiiiiiny.

Kim Catrall- Was in an adaptation of Anthony & Cleopatra in Liverpool, and met her after the show. Lovely lady.

Gok Wan- honestly, not what I was expecting. He isn't the same in real life.

what were you expecting?
Reply 868
Last week I met Louis Theroux in the morning when he was taking his kids to primary school. Just had a brief chat cos he was in a rush and told him I'd seen a few of his documentaries. He's a nice guy.
Reply 869
Original post by zeke53in
Last week I met Louis Theroux in the morning when he was taking his kids to primary school. Just had a brief chat cos he was in a rush and told him I'd seen a few of his documentaries. He's a nice guy.

cool
Reply 870
a few people from my school met David N Gog(Footballer) the other day.
Reply 871
Original post by littleone271
I've met mark speight very briefly at a dragon boat race fair thingy... I went to school with a boy who was in that BBC TV series 'the cut'... And I've served michael fish (the old weather guy) in maplins where I used to work.. and I only thought of making hurricane jokes after he'd left.. FML lol

cool
Reply 872
we have had a good range of famous people that have been seen , some really good stories , keep them coming.
Sooty, absolute ledge. :cool:

I also (physically) bumped into Brian Cox.
I met McFly back in their heyday, I was about 8 or 9...

Last May I kind of met Billy Boyd because he was MC-ing a concert I was singing in, and when I went offstage, he was on the phone but turned to smile to me and give me a wee nod. :smile:
Reply 875
I met katherine Jenkins, joe mcElderry and Alfie Boe at the festival of Remembrance in the royal albert hall :smile:
Reply 876
Original post by christielovesyou
I met McFly back in their heyday, I was about 8 or 9...

Last May I kind of met Billy Boyd because he was MC-ing a concert I was singing in, and when I went offstage, he was on the phone but turned to smile to me and give me a wee nod. :smile:

cool , where did you meet them?
Reply 877
alex, matt, jamie from Arctic Monkeys.
Original post by hbk4894
cool , where did you meet them?

Backstage at a local festival we used to get VIP passes for because we knew people from the radio station that sponsored it. Good times! :redface:
Reply 879
Original post by christielovesyou
Backstage at a local festival we used to get VIP passes for because we knew people from the radio station that sponsored it. Good times! :redface:

arlight.

Quick Reply

Latest