The Student Room Group

Chef & Social life

Is it really/not difficult for a chef to find a gf?
Reply 1
doesn't matter what their occupation is, it matters about the person (e.g. personality). being a chef has nothing to do with it unless you're talking about it being hard balancing a social life and finding a girlfriend.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
doesn't matter what their occupation is, it matters about the person (e.g. personality). being a chef has nothing to do with it unless you're talking about it being hard balancing a social life and finding a girlfriend.

Maybe
Reply 3
Depends on the specific chef.
His ambitions, dealbreakers, shifts, personality and standard of living.

My father was a chef for decades.
He had no problem finding gf's.
Although he worked very long hours, kept poisonous snakes and was only willing to consider dating red haired women of similar political inclinations to himself.
Reply 4
Original post by londonmyst
Depends on the specific chef.
His ambitions, dealbreakers, shifts, personality and standard of living.

My father was a chef for decades.
He had no problem finding gf's.
Although he worked very long hours, kept poisonous snakes and was only willing to consider dating red haired women of similar political inclinations to himself.

No surprise if he worked weekends as well, finding the right time would be a challenge for me. Maybe I should go to University to try socializing, go on to many events and possibly date women.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
No surprise if he worked weekends as well, finding the right time would be a challenge for me. Maybe I should go to University to try socializing, go on to many events and possibly date women.

My parents met at uni in the 1970s when my father was a mature student.

On the other hand if you go to catering college or do a le cordon bleu diploma followed by a few years of practical training at a few 3 star rated michelin establishments then a enter into few partnerships and work hard you could be very lucky and get famous.
Potentially becoming the next celebrity chef like Gordon Ramsay or Darren McGrady.
Good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by londonmyst
My parents met at uni in the 1970s when my father was a mature student.

On the other hand if you go to catering college or do a le cordon bleu diploma followed by a few years of practical training at a few 3 star rated michelin establishments then a enter into few partnerships and work hard you could be very lucky and get famous.
Potentially becoming the next celebrity chef like Gordon Ramsay or Darren McGrady.
Good luck!

I’m not exactly saying I want to replace them, or be that famous or self proclaim celeb, but I am inspired to be at there level, even if I’m not famous. Thanks for the advice btw 👍

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending