The Student Room Group

meeting celebs

How do people meet and talk to celebs? I have no clue what to talk about and just panic and can barely say anything more than 'hi'.

Not even celebs. My favourite band ever is tiny, they're my age and literally just normal guys. But I met the lead singer and I just went 'oh my god hi' and nothing else and a random stranger had to ask if I wanted them to take a photo for me.... and then I can't even remember but Idk if I even said bye because I was so nervous.

What are you actually supposed to talk about? I see people on the internet just meeting famous people and having normal conversations with them which I'm sure they prefer rather than me being awkward and saying omg and just asking for a picture. But I would loveeeee to have conversations with my favourite bands and beause they are small you can literally just wait outside after the gig and meet them and talk for ages.

I feel like if I met someone like Harry Styles or Taylor Swift I would be a bit awkward but I have 0 interest in either of them so could talk to them normally. I'd be awkward because they'd have security round them and I hate talking in front of groups.

My fave band is SO small but I just can't talk to them? It's so stupid. I know it's because I love them so I fan girl and get nervous but I can't even think of conversation starters?????

I saw a guy on the tube the other day who looked identical to a SMALL youtuber I love and had to do a triple take. I felt SICK I was so nervous and so if it was him I would have just ignored him and missed the opportunity to start a conversation and FALL IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So... people who are normal and can talk to their favourite bands/famous people/not even that famous people.. what do u talk about exactly???
Honestly just say hi and that u enjoy their content etc if they have time to talk ask them how their day is going and something will come from that hopefully but sometimes celebs dont really make casual convo
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 2
My 'in' with bands is almost always the gig, or asking fi they want a pint. I have some famous mates - or more usually, mates in some very big bands - that I've met just through a normal interaction at a festival or a gig etc

I've never had the starstruck thing so I don't really know what it takes to get over it. They're just people, so I treat them like I would anyone else.

Quick Reply

Latest