Original post by NutterFrutter
Would be more appropriate in the chemistry forum. :teehee:

True...
However, A-level students on this forum :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by thegodofgod
Yeah :colondollar:

Hey!

Seeing as you got a A - would you be ever so kind to share some tips and techniques? Or maybe some materials you used? :rolleyes:
Im doing this in january...is it really hard since you keep flopping it?
Original post by TheHeart
Hey!

Seeing as you got a A - would you be ever so kind to share some tips and techniques? Or maybe some materials you used? :rolleyes:

PAST PAPERS ftw :biggrin:

Also, learn the spec, don't learn anything you don't need to learn :smile:

I'll give more tips once I think of them.

EDIT: Also, learn the periodic / group trends, e.g. atomic radius increases down a group, so you can apply it to elements, e.g. the atomic radius of Li would be smaller than that of Na, and be able to explain why.

Also learn the moles topic, will help you so much in the future for unit 4 especially :smile:
Reply 7
I'm doing this in Jan.. so worried about it.. especially as it's the same day as my C1 Maths exam too :frown:
Can anyone give any revision tips that actually makes you remember the stuff?
Reply 8
Original post by itsmagic
I'm doing this in Jan.. so worried about it.. especially as it's the same day as my C1 Maths exam too :frown:

Notes. Thoroughly understand everything you've learnt. Memorise the many definitions and stock exam answers. :tongue:
Reply 9
I am worried about this exam, I can't seem to thoroughly understand it enough to write full answers about it :L

guess I have a lot of work to do..

Some resources I've been using:

www.chemguide.co.uk
www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk

Also I've brought a CGP revision guide + Chem textbook + Collins Support Materials for AQA Chem (which I recommend to anyone taking it)!
Reply 10
Original post by Part A
I am worried about this exam, I can't seem to thoroughly understand it enough to write full answers about it :L

guess I have a lot of work to do..

Some resources I've been using:

www.chemguide.co.uk
www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk

Also I've brought a CGP revision guide + Chem textbook + Collins Support Materials for AQA Chem (which I recommend to anyone taking it)!

Chemguide is fantastic for AQA A level - absolute saviour for me, practically taught me Chem2.
Reply 11

Just make sure you don't leave it to last minute like I did last year :s-smilie:

I didn't do many past papers but if I had I would have got my A earlier.
Most years the questions are similiar but worded differently

Also try;
http://www.knockhardy.org.uk/sci.htm
Good luck!
Reply 12
I did this exam ! Got an A first time around. (A) Learn the spec and all the definitions. Write out all the definitions and stick themm on the fridge or whatever. Just learn them ! Practice as many moles calculations as you can. Calculations in general are important. And do loadsssssss of past papers.
Use a-level chemistry.co.uk
and if you want past papers use a school called swanwick halls website. They have loads!!

Good Luck :biggrin:
Reply 13

I did this exam last year and achieved 87/100. Ok, it's not 90% but I was pretty happy with it myself.

My advice? Learn everything. Yes, everything. If it's in your syllabus it's likely you'll be asked on it.

The reason I say this with so much emphasis is that last year I had one brilliant teacher and one awful teacher. The latter failed to teach us combustion etc. and so I had to pretty much self-teach it at home. Boy did that pay off! There was a 13 mark question on the topic in my exam :wink:
Reply 14
Original post by Femto
I did this exam last year and achieved 87/100. Ok, it's not 90% but I was pretty happy with it myself.

My advice? Learn everything. Yes, everything. If it's in your syllabus it's likely you'll be asked on it.

The reason I say this with so much emphasis is that last year I had one brilliant teacher and one awful teacher. The latter failed to teach us combustion etc. and so I had to pretty much self-teach it at home. Boy did that pay off! There was a 13 mark question on the topic in my exam :wink:

That's fantastic!
Thanks for the advice!
You wouldn't have any notes lying around for upload - would you? :colondollar:
Thanks again!
Reply 15
Get the Collins Student Support guides! They're like 5 quid and are meant to be supreme for last minute revision (notice the word 'last-minute' - don't use as a textbook!)
hey.ive got the isa in december!! yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikkes!! when they say write down the biruet reading because you titre what does that refer to?
Original post by Femto

I got same mark as you :biggrin: woo
Reply 18
Got FP2 in the morning then this in the afternoon. Great...
Reply 19
Original post by TheHeart
Just make sure you don't leave it to last minute like I did last year :s-smilie:

I didn't do many past papers but if I had I would have got my A earlier.
Most years the questions are similiar but worded differently

Also try;
http://www.knockhardy.org.uk/sci.htm
Good luck!

Thanks! I've started going through my CGP revision guide, I've covered over half of Unit 1, should be done for the first time by 15th Novemberish haha.
I'm so freaked out about it!

Original post by Femto

Okay, thank you! I have one brilliant teacher and one awful teacher too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending