The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
byakugan_neji
I have been there a few times and although the adults are extremely friendly, when you go out into the suburbs of Dublin for example, some of the children and teenagers are so racist. Every single day I spent there, there would be at least one person who would give me a racist remark or bad look. I used to love going to Dublin every Summer but I haven't been for the last 2 years now. I wonder how the hell my cousin, who lives in the suburbs, is able to cope with this. He's probably the only non-White pupil in his school....

Anyways, other than the kids, the Irish are very, very friendly. Even more than the English methinks.

I believe that is true, but I lived in Northern Ireland.
Reply 41
_EMMA_
Ireland seem to be friendly according to somee of the posts. i have never been there but there is a irish boy at my school and he is nice...
they are quite friendly in thailand

For some reason i would never want to go Thailand. I know it's a stupid fear but the whole issue of them being associated with drugs trafficking etc scares me. If anyone has read Bridgit Jones Diary, the edge of reason, it might help explain.
Reply 42
AMERICA LOL

Ps. Im just kidding.....i wouldn't say Ireland...there just friendly to other cou tries cause there so small.....but there are lethal fighting partys in Ireland! UDFF, UDFA etc.....
Reply 43
don't forget that if america wasn't "nice" the UK would belong to Germany. and so would most of the rest of europe. If i remember correctly we have fought in the two largest wars in the world. They weren't in our interest they were in your interest.
Reply 44
moncal
They weren't in our interest they were in your interest.

No. They were in your interest as well.
Reply 45
maybe now it is in our interest that britian is not part of germany but it wasn't during ww2, if germany conquered all of Europe then they would still have to trade with us because the world needs us.
Reply 46
No. They were in your interest as well.

2776 your sig is quite amusing :wink: I only wonder in what context they were written.
Reply 47
moncal
don't forget that if america wasn't "nice" the UK would belong to Germany. and so would most of the rest of europe. If i remember correctly we have fought in the two largest wars in the world. They weren't in our interest they were in your interest.

Haha, gotta love the yanks :smile:
Reply 48
moncal

I was meaning over the last four months!!!! Not the past!
Reply 49
pinkfairy
2776 your sig is quite amusing :wink: I only wonder in what context they were written.

Well I tend to collate various interesting quotes made by the members of the forum. and believe me, they are totally in context. :wink:
Reply 50
moncal

I lOVE americans. Just had to get that off my chest...
Reply 51
Well I tend to collate various interesting quotes made by the members of the forum. and believe me, they are totally in context. :wink:

people will start making cheeky comments now in the hope you'll pick it up and highlihg the brilliance of it lol
Reply 52
pinkfairy
people will start making cheeky comments now in the hope you'll pick it up and highlihg the brilliance of it lol

You seem to see a lot of attention seekers here... well, maybe there are!
Reply 53
there are. Reading previous threads, it's quite disturbing really. I have swim practise, i don't feel like it.How will i ever bring myself to beat my previous timing. Feel too ill and it's too cold. lol
Reply 54
The_Barman
Ps. Im just kidding.....i wouldn't say Ireland...there just friendly to other cou tries cause there so small.....but there are lethal fighting partys in Ireland! UDFF, UDFA etc.....

*Northern Ireland
Reply 55
Bigcnee
*Northern Ireland

I have to say that the educational system in NI is much better than here. They seem to take their education much more seriously than here.
I have to say that the educational system in NI is much better than here. They seem to take their education much more seriously than here.

I agree.
Reply 57

I would have to agree.

Well yes, we do get the best results :cool:
I'd say possibly CCEA exams are harder too? (ooh, controversial!)
Unfortunately it could all be ruined in the next 8 years. Luckily I will be finished by then.
Reply 59
I mean a perfect example is the textbook/revision books. In WHSmith there is nothing aboutt aht is worth of value. Or complete. But in NI, there is a shop known as EDCO, which supplies educational supplies only. Nothing more, nothing less. So much stuff. Sometimes I wish they would expand into the UK.

Latest

Trending

Trending