The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

need advice !

i've picked warwick as my insurance but now im second thoughts about it, im just not sure how i feel about the university being in coventry as i haven't heard that many great things about it and the things that have haven't in warwick the past few years is making me a bit anxious

also im worried about the cost of living and don't know if i can afford it especially as my parent's aren't that well off and won't be able to help, my other option is to change my insurance to cardiff and the city seems better for students

however today is my last day to change my insurance and i don't know if it's worth changing warwick based on these reasons because in terms of 'rankings' it's the better uni for my course and im worried i might regret changing, at the same time im worried that i might regret keeping warwick

anyway advice? or is anyone also going to warwick / cardiff (and doing biochemistry maybe) could give some insight, thank you!
Hiya!

I'm Fatiha, a 2nd year Psychology student at Cardiff University :smile: I completely understand your anxiety - I felt the same way before applying to university! I see that you posted this 3 days ago, so I hope you made a decision you were comfortable with. Just know whatever happens it isn't the end of the world, since there's always clearing and/or deferral if things go south.

When it comes to Cardiff, it's been a great uni to study at so far! It's one of the friendliest cities for cost of living, I'm investing a lot less money than my friends who are studying at other unis, from my experience. The student union does a bunch of schemes to help, plus, there is a Lidl on campus so that's always helpful :smile:

Let me know if you had any other questions!

- Fatiha, Cardff Uni Student Rep
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by CardiffUni Rep 2
Hiya!

I'm Fatiha, a 2nd year Psychology student at Cardiff University :smile: I completely understand your anxiety - I felt the same way before applying to university! I see that you posted this 3 days ago, so I hope you made a decision you were comfortable with. Just know whatever happens it isn't the end of the world, since there's always clearing and/or deferral if things go south.

When it comes to Cardiff, it's been a great uni to study at so far! It's one of the friendliest cities for cost of living, I'm investing a lot less money than my friends who are studying at other unis, from my experience. The student union does a bunch of schemes to help, plus, there is a Lidl on campus so that's always helpful :smile:

Let me know if you had any other questions!

- Fatiha, Cardff Uni Student Rep

hello! i just wanted to say thank you for the response, turns out i still have time to change my mind so im still thinking about it as cardiff does seem like quite a nice place :smile: (the lidl does sound good)
Original post by Anonymous
hello! i just wanted to say thank you for the response, turns out i still have time to change my mind so im still thinking about it as cardiff does seem like quite a nice place :smile: (the lidl does sound good)

Hi, no worries! I'm glad that you still have time to change your mind, its always anxiety-inducing to stick with a choice you're uncomfortable with! It's quite a lovely place to live, I really enjoy being a student here. The Lidl is very convenient, although it makes it easy to always go down to the shops to buy a snack haha

- Fatiha, Cardiff Uni Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest