The Student Room Group

Is she just friendly or likes me and wants to go slow?

So, I liked this girl for some time now and we've known each other for a year. We go to same University and have same classes so we see each other every day. Some time before summer break I started flirting with her, giving her compliments through text or in person and every time she reacted positive.

She's been giving me all sorts of "signs of attraction", such as prolonged eye contact when talking, standing close to me, smiling at me whenever she sees me (smiling with eyes also), remembering things about me (such as my birthday, she wished happy birthday first thing in the morning), calling me when she needs some help, when we laugh in group setting, she always looks first at me, even if I'm behind her etc. But there were some odd signs like being nervous around me, fidgeting stuff, sometimes she can't look at me in the eyes when talking or her behavior changes when I enter room, like if she was talkative and laughing with friends, she would stop doing that and just be quiet.

As the time passed, I've decided to ask her out and go grab some drink and she agreed enthusiastically but told me that she has to finish her exams first. I accepted that ofc and told her to hit me with the time and date when she is available. It didn't happen and in the mean time she was going out with her besties and posting that on IG. So I assumed that she is not interested and tried to move on. But, before our new Uni year started, she asked me if I want to be in same group for classes with her and her best girl friends. I agreed to be with them. And as year started, I noticed that her behavior with me somewhat changed. She has been more proactive in talking with me, like wanting to know some stuff about me, listening carefully when I talk with others, telling me some stuff that she wouldn't before, asking me to sit with her and her besties when we have classes (when I tried to sit on other place, she asked me "Where are you going, you don't wanna sit with us?" ), sometimes teasing me about some funny stuff that happened to me etc. Whenever I speak with her, she has that spark in her eyes or idk how to describe it, but she always seem to be more excited when talking with me than before.

Her friends became more friendlier with me than before, so I assume she might have been telling them some things as they are very close and have a group girl chat and they talk about literally everything and that's why I'm absolutely sure they know about me liking her.

So, what do you think? Is she just friendly or she maybe wants to get to know me better first before going to a date (her ex boyfriend was her good friend from school)? I think she is pretty shy and maybe that's why she wants to go slow? If you have any idea what should I do, please give me some advice. Thanks in advance and sorry for a little bit longer post. Cheers!
Original post by Anonymous
So, I liked this girl for some time now and we've known each other for a year. We go to same University and have same classes so we see each other every day. Some time before summer break I started flirting with her, giving her compliments through text or in person and every time she reacted positive.

She's been giving me all sorts of "signs of attraction", such as prolonged eye contact when talking, standing close to me, smiling at me whenever she sees me (smiling with eyes also), remembering things about me (such as my birthday, she wished happy birthday first thing in the morning), calling me when she needs some help, when we laugh in group setting, she always looks first at me, even if I'm behind her etc. But there were some odd signs like being nervous around me, fidgeting stuff, sometimes she can't look at me in the eyes when talking or her behavior changes when I enter room, like if she was talkative and laughing with friends, she would stop doing that and just be quiet.

As the time passed, I've decided to ask her out and go grab some drink and she agreed enthusiastically but told me that she has to finish her exams first. I accepted that ofc and told her to hit me with the time and date when she is available. It didn't happen and in the mean time she was going out with her besties and posting that on IG. So I assumed that she is not interested and tried to move on. But, before our new Uni year started, she asked me if I want to be in same group for classes with her and her best girl friends. I agreed to be with them. And as year started, I noticed that her behavior with me somewhat changed. She has been more proactive in talking with me, like wanting to know some stuff about me, listening carefully when I talk with others, telling me some stuff that she wouldn't before, asking me to sit with her and her besties when we have classes (when I tried to sit on other place, she asked me "Where are you going, you don't wanna sit with us?" ), sometimes teasing me about some funny stuff that happened to me etc. Whenever I speak with her, she has that spark in her eyes or idk how to describe it, but she always seem to be more excited when talking with me than before.

Her friends became more friendlier with me than before, so I assume she might have been telling them some things as they are very close and have a group girl chat and they talk about literally everything and that's why I'm absolutely sure they know about me liking her.

So, what do you think? Is she just friendly or she maybe wants to get to know me better first before going to a date (her ex boyfriend was her good friend from school)? I think she is pretty shy and maybe that's why she wants to go slow? If you have any idea what should I do, please give me some advice. Thanks in advance and sorry for a little bit longer post. Cheers!

i think just talk to her ofc its gonna be weird and akward but if you genuinely feel like theres a spark in her eyes then i think that she'll be open to the idea of dating ofc if she wants to take it slow and you're happy with that then it will be the beginning of a good relationship however if she declines it might be akward at first to hangout with her but at least you know also she may have forgoten about the date. Hope everything goes well and if you want update me :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

either shes the friendliest person in the world or she likes u bro.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending