The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Lmao, Bron and his FT. :rofl:

Anyway, Rose stepped up his game in the 4th to destroy the Cs. I always notice how Rose tries to get his team in the game in the first half (usually resulting in his rather unspectacular stats in the 1st half), and then just goes beast mode in the 4th quarter.

Rose = best PG in the league. Come at me.
It's a big shame that the Clippers V the Lakers is on so late...
Original post by Xotol

Rose = best PG in the league. Come at me.

Whoa, that's a pretty controversial opinion.... considering he is the reigning MVP. :rolleyes:
Depends...he's the best player at the point guard position but he's not really a pure point guard. I think Nash or Kidd are the best pure point guards.
Reply 924
I might might off for a few days due to exams folks, keep this thread alive and keep the 3s raining :u:
Reply 925
Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon
Whoa, that's a pretty controversial opinion.... considering he is the reigning MVP. :rolleyes:

You'd think so, but you'd be surprised at how many people think CP3 or Rondo are better. :confused:

And MVP doesn't mean best player. Rose won it last year but he was definitely not the best player.

Original post by BigFudamental
Depends...he's the best player at the point guard position but he's not really a pure point guard. I think Nash or Kidd are the best pure point guards.

I think the best 'traditional' PG is Rondo.
Original post by Xotol
You'd think so, but you'd be surprised at how many people think CP3 or Rondo are better. :confused:

And MVP doesn't mean best player. Rose won it last year but he was definitely not the best player.

I think the best 'traditional' PG is Rondo.

Who was better than Rose in the regular season? He deserved that award IMO. He carried the Bulls to the best record in the league, fair enough they probably wouldn't have had the best record if they were in the west though...

Yeah as a pure point guard I would say Rondo is better, it's between him and CP3.
Rondo just has lots of options. Put him on a team without KG, Ray and Pierce and he'll fade. Doesn't hold a candle to Nash, Kidd and Paul (forgot about him).
Rondo just has lots of options. Put him on a team without KG, Ray and Pierce and he'll fade. Doesn't hold a candle to Nash, Kidd and Paul (forgot about him).

Although this year, not much to say about KG, Ray or Pierce tbh :tongue:

Boston have been hopeless so far :argh:
^Too true :sad:
Reply 930
Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon
Who was better than Rose in the regular season? He deserved that award IMO. He carried the Bulls to the best record in the league, fair enough they probably wouldn't have had the best record if they were in the west though...

What I meant was that the MVP doesn't necessarily translate to best player. As much as I hate to say it, the best player in the NBA is Lebron. Rose is in the top 5 but I don't think he's in the discussion for best player yet.

That's all I really meant to say. I didn't try to imply that he wasn't the best performing in the regular season last year (maybe I did imply that though), but he's not the best.

Yeah as a pure point guard I would say Rondo is better, it's between him and CP3.

Oh yeah, forgot about CP3. But Rose has a habit of taking a dump on the best PGs when he plays against them. It happened against CP3 and recently against Rondo.

Top 5 PGs IMO:
Rose
CP3
Rondo
Westbrook
D-Will
Why does early(ish) game tonight have to be so crap?

Ooo loads of early games tomorrow for MLK day.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 932
Missed the battle of LA because I was in Swansea of all places (smfh) and nothing really appeals to me tonight but tomorrow looks like some good games there
yeahh some good games tomorrow... i got basketball during the day and i'm going to work on my perimeter shooting.

does anyone do handicap betting on basketball? i'm going to start getting into it.
Reply 934
Is that the same as point spreads like you bet Knicks +8.5 vs Heat -8.5 sort of thing ? I do that for NFL but never bet on NBA games only over/under season wins and conference/finals winners
Reply 935
Man, why is no one discussing Kobe? I'm gonna miss him bad when he's gone. :frown:
Reply 936

What are you talking about? Rondo is definitely one of the best passers in the nba.
Reply 937
Original post by Xotol
What I meant was that the MVP doesn't necessarily translate to best player. As much as I hate to say it, the best player in the NBA is Lebron. Rose is in the top 5 but I don't think he's in the discussion for best player yet.

That's all I really meant to say. I didn't try to imply that he wasn't the best performing in the regular season last year (maybe I did imply that though), but he's not the best.

Oh yeah, forgot about CP3. But Rose has a habit of taking a dump on the best PGs when he plays against them. It happened against CP3 and recently against Rondo.

Top 5 PGs IMO:
Rose
CP3
Rondo
Westbrook
D-Will

D. Rose isn't a top 5 player, top 10 for sure, top 5 no.

Wade
Lebron
D. Howard
Kobe
Kevin Durant

^ Those guys up there are better than Rose in my opinion. Additionally Rose and Westbrook put up near identical numbers (or at least did so last season), and for the most part it would be anathema to proclaim Westbrook anywhere near a top 5 player.
I'm too busy to watch NBA at the moment - missing it!!
Reply 939
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pksy5WiDDJk&feature=share
Interesting stuff on illegal defense by Celtics vs Kobe. It's in English. Yeah Celtics have always been one of my least favourite teams. Smh at Garnett and Pierce with their thug attitude.

Latest